IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

LOL... My son won some academic award at his school yesterday that was signed by Donald Trump and Betsy DeVos... My son told the presenter, "Can I have one with Obama's signature!" and the whole place erupted in laughter.

LOL... My son won some academic award at his school yesterday that was signed by Donald Trump and Betsy DeVos... My son told the presenter, "Can I have one with Obama's signature!" and the whole place erupted in laughter.

sick

YES!

he deserves another award for his comment. boy is 10 as well. impressive. 

maybe there is still hope

great podcast.. discusses tyranny and mirrors to 1930s.  one party state etc etc.. 

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/the-road-to-tyranny

just got around to this now, good stuff.

I like to keep telling myself that it's not that bad, that the checks and balances still seem to be working, but that op ed from the german jewish newspaper was pretty chilling.

Never heard of Evergreen College until now and I've lived here 38 years, so no.  That a bunch of 18-21ish kids at such a distinguished institution would lose the plot in trying to protest whatever shit got their jimmies rustled doesn't surprise me though.  Neither does this alt-right "supercut" garbage attempting to make a blanket indictment of higher education and those snowtard cuckflakes.

I don't know if this is common knowledge outside Mericuh but once you get past the top 200-300 colleges here the rest (and there are thousands) are mostly expensive day care for young adults.  Not being elitist here, these lesser institutions will gladly charge you full tuition (and saddle you with student debt) and leave you with a degree that does little if anything to improve your employment prospects, earning potential, etc. over not going to college at all.  Provided they can and want to, a lot of kids are better served going to a trade school or apprentice program after high school.

i have no idea how americans can still defend the right for everyone to own firearms, i wouldn't wanna leave my house if i lived there

In Michigan, our legislature is ramrodding a bill through that would require no training whatsoever for a concealed weapons license. Currently, it's a mandated 8 hours, which really isn't much of anything. But it's something. Nobody wants to pay for that training because they can learn on their own basically. Problem with that is, there's a lot of dumbfucks in this country who have no clue what laws are when it comes to firearms use. All the 2nd amendmenters talk about "responsible gun owners". While I'm sure the majority is true, it's the minority I'm worried about.