IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

i have no idea how americans can still defend the right for everyone to own firearms, i wouldn't wanna leave my house if i lived there

In Michigan, our legislature is ramrodding a bill through that would require no training whatsoever for a concealed weapons license. Currently, it's a mandated 8 hours, which really isn't much of anything. But it's something. Nobody wants to pay for that training because they can learn on their own basically. Problem with that is, there's a lot of dumbfucks in this country who have no clue what laws are when it comes to firearms use. All the 2nd amendmenters talk about "responsible gun owners". While I'm sure the majority is true, it's the minority I'm worried about.

concealed carry you say?

lZzi4NF.jpg

The surprising number of American adults who think chocolate milk comes from brown cows - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/15/seven-percent-of-americans-think-chocolate-milk-comes-from-brown-cows-and-thats-not-even-the-scary-part/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_wb-chocolate-milk-1220pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Seven percent of all American adults believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows, according to a nationally representative online survey commissioned by the Innovation Center of U.S. Dairy.If you do the math, that works out to 16.4 million misinformed, milk-drinking people. The equivalent of the population of Pennsylvania (and then some!) does not know that chocolate milk is milk, cocoa and sugar.

[...]

One Department of Agriculture study, commissioned in the early ’90s, found that nearly 1 in 5 adults did not know that hamburgers are made from beef. Many more lacked familiarity with basic farming facts, like how big U.S. farms typically are and what food animals eat.

[...]

But in some populations, confusion about basic food facts can skew pretty high. When one team of researchers interviewed fourth-, fifth- and sixth-graders at an urban California high school, they found that more than half of them didn’t know pickles were cucumbers, or that onions and lettuce were plants. Four in 10 didn’t know that hamburgers came from cows. And 3 in 10 didn’t know that cheese is made from milk.

[...]

Today, many Americans only experience food as an industrial product that doesn’t look much like the original animal or plant: The USDA says orange juice is the most popular “fruit” in America, and processed potatoes — in the form of french fries and chips — rank among the top vegetables.

Jinkies... His net worth is 50x the school's endowment. 

edit - and their mascot is a geoduck

xpLzVkS.jpg

this looked like a pretty disturbing dick pic until I scrolled down

^ lol indeed

Also, the video distortions add just the right amount of dank, esp as dude was jus tryin git to his jerb

yeah.. vid distortions are perfect.. but man.. i feel for that lady.. wtf she needs help or just to go back to bed and take her meds or whatever... you think you're having a bad day who here had to go through any of that type of shit.. on either side.. his or hers... can't imagine.. 

the fucking garbage.. jeez.. that guy is a problem solver.  wtf lulz

Could be spice, bath salts, gray death, psych meds, who knows. There are so many fucked up street drugs now, on top of what could have obviously been psychiatric problems. I thought she was gonna get hit by a car.

Could be spice, bath salts, gray death, psych meds, who knows. There are so many fucked up street drugs now, on top of what could have obviously been psychiatric problems. I thought she was gonna get hit by a car.

i thought "this guy is gonna go 100% abusive asshole any minute and throw on the ground or into the wall" but to my surprise he did not and only tried to pile some garbage on her and push her off onto someone else. 

seemed pretty normal for him.. not the first time.. not the last.. i get annoyed when i have to hand feed my dog in the morning if i'm in a rush.. never had to get someone to 'hold my lady' so i can leave..

My last trip thru JFK airport, I was stuck in one of those waystation stops on the airport tram, and this homeless looking lady was screaming about "Satan fucks you, Satan fucks you" to everyone waiting for the train. It was like she wasn't even there, faces down in their phones. It made me nervous that she would confront me, but everyone else was used to shit like that.

I had to help set up some USO-sponsored event at work today where one moment on the stage there were young 20-something birds wearing these short-skirted uniforms singing random songs, then a bunch of 8 to 10 year old kids dancing on stage to EDM right before the event ended.

It's like surreal Trumpland.

so, because of that julius caesar version that has a trump like character in the lead.. theaters that do any shakespeare or have shakespeare in the name... are getting threats. because that's it.. there's one shakespeare theater in NY so.. er.. oh.. culture it's a thing.. it's different everywhere. 

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/style/2017/06/16/knives-are-out-for-theaters-that-bear-name-shakespeare/BjIuTepxxULJHZvTAQmF6H/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

But the e-mails went to the wrong place — Shakespeare & Company in Lenox, Mass., one of several Shakespeare companies around the country that have been inundated with a flood of venomous e-mails, phone messages, and social media posts condemning them for the Central Park production.

Who could ever take a "journalist" seriously again after working at Fox News?  Several of them jumped ship, and expect it not to take a hit on their careers and credibility, lol.

My last trip thru JFK airport, I was stuck in one of those waystation stops on the airport tram, and this homeless looking lady was screaming about "Satan fucks you, Satan fucks you" to everyone waiting for the train. It was like she wasn't even there, faces down in their phones. It made me nervous that she would confront me, but everyone else was used to shit like that.

NYC bums are just a warm up for the chaos and insanity of SF bums. I've seen people piss and shit in public while people walk around them trying not to pay attention. The "as-long-as-I-stare-at-my-phone-while-my-headphones-are-in-I-won't-be-singled-out" game is incredible here. And you've deduced at this point that if I've seen it, I've engaged in the same type of treatment.