IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Is there no limits to how long a case can sit before going to trial? Or does it vary based on jurisdiction.

Pretty sure it's 18 months here (across Canada), otherwise it's deemed to violate the charter of rights (right to be tried within reasonable time) and the case gets thrown out.

Is there no limits to how long a case can sit before going to trial? Or does it vary based on jurisdiction.

Pretty sure it's 18 months here (across Canada), otherwise it's deemed to violate the charter of rights (right to be tried within reasonable time) and the case gets thrown out.

Criminal trials in provincial court have to be wrapped up in 18 months, criminal trials in federal court have to be wrapped up in 30 months. Delay by the defence does not count toward that ceiling, nor does institutional delay that is not the fault of the crown prosecutor.

If it goes over those ceilings, it's automatically considered an unreasonable delay, unless the prosecutor can show that either a) some unforeseen event occurred (like an illness) or b) the case is especially complex in that the nature of the evidence or the issue require longer than usual trial times or preparation times.

10 years though, that's definitely a human rights violation under the UN declaration of human rights (to which the US is a signatory).

Just watched a video of a Laotian-American getting pulled over by an off-duty cop in Minnesota, then was repeatedly kicked and thrown to the ground. The guy who got stopped is facing jail time, but neither the off-duty cop nor the guy in uniform who was just standing there seem to be facing any kind of punishment.

I swear this country is sliding more and more down the shitter every day, with all these greedy sociopath racist assholes in charge. It's almost like we're begging for vigilante groups to keep the thuggish cops in check. Not saying they're all that way, but this power tripping has gotten way out of hand. They probably all voted for the orange puke in the White House too.

(sorry for the rant, I'm just sick of this bullshit)

Anyone who has seen that picture and didn't consider changing their profile picture to it is what's wrong with America.

But yeah really that guy is fucking weird. Always gonna be weird people in the world, no matter what.

Criminal trials in provincial court have to be wrapped up in 18 months, criminal trials in federal court have to be wrapped up in 30 months. Delay by the defence does not count toward that ceiling, nor does institutional delay that is not the fault of the crown prosecutor.

If it goes over those ceilings, it's automatically considered an unreasonable delay, unless the prosecutor can show that either a) some unforeseen event occurred (like an illness) or b) the case is especially complex in that the nature of the evidence or the issue require longer than usual trial times or preparation times.

10 years though, that's definitely a human rights violation under the UN declaration of human rights (to which the US is a signatory).

Didn't realize it was different under Federal, makes sense though.

Just watched a video of a Laotian-American getting pulled over by an off-duty cop in Minnesota, then was repeatedly kicked and thrown to the ground. The guy who got stopped is facing jail time, but neither the off-duty cop nor the guy in uniform who was just standing there seem to be facing any kind of punishment.

I swear this country is sliding more and more down the shitter every day, with all these greedy sociopath racist assholes in charge. It's almost like we're begging for vigilante groups to keep the thuggish cops in check. Not saying they're all that way, but this power tripping has gotten way out of hand. They probably all voted for the orange puke in the White House too.

(sorry for the rant, I'm just sick of this bullshit)

saw that this morning too. wtf. that cop  or agent or whatever the fuck he is is off his fucking rocker.  violent hair trigger asshole.  so fucked up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Christie is the U.S personified. 

"i'll be outta here in 6 months.. i've seen my poll numbers.. let's close the beach and go to the beach"

Finally, with the help of a handful of first-class passengers, Hudek was wrestled to the ground and his limbs were zip-tied. The plane and its 210 passengers landed back in Seattle just after 7 p.m., but Hudek wasn’t done: Despite his restraints, he reportedly still managed to flip his wheelchair over in the airport, screaming at people to help him.

fucking

l o l

just watching this cnn stream and the ads are such a window into how fd the U.S is.....diets, insurance, meds, old people gadgets....

http://www.livenewson.com/american/cnn-news-usa.html

the foundation of any democracy is advertising of course. 

ah... aren't the ads targeted advertising? They are dynamic and based off your cookies, search history, and depending on your gmail settings if using chrome, your emails (scans for keywords)?

the ads showing for me are dominos pizza lol. I was emotionally cheating on my diet this morning and looking at fast food menus.  :derp:

edit: or maybe you didn't mean the border/webpage ads, sorry. Ones actually in the stream perhaps?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Yea in the stream. The stream of 10 headed octopus pundit monsters. The male participants are so rectangular under their suits. Squares with heads. Trump is a criminal goon but CNN is also horrible. Just not for the reasons Trump thinks.