IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

19 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's none of my business. it's not the government's business. it's a medical procedure and should be between patient and doctor. 

it should be known that the people who are anti-abortion aren't interested in pragmatism. if they were they'd support early sex ed for kids, easy access to birth control etc etc etc.  they don't support these things. they aren't interested in reducing abortions.. they're interested in controlling women. 

abortion wasn't even really an issue until the republicans had a conference call and picked it out of a hat. 

I can't tell what the main drive for the anti-abortion bill. For the republican voters I do think it's as straightforward as thinking the fetus has a soul and that fact trumps any choice in the matter. However for politicians I'm not so sure. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was more about wanting more republican voters they can puppeteer, especially if it's true Republicans are becoming more and more of a minority.

In Ethel's case I can't tell WTF he's talking about, but it seems he's trying to make some house of cards logical argument about it based on whatever, when he just thinks they have a soul. 

Huh I always figured abortion was a major issue. What about Roe v. Wade? It was illegal before then. Though maybe it went dormant after R v. W and surfaced again in the past however many years.

Edited by Brisbot

1 hour ago, ambergonk said:

I'm kinda mixed on the abortion issue TBH. On one hand, I think it's justified if the conception was from intercourse that a woman never consented to in the first place...but not if she consented to said intercourse.

what?

You guys need to get with the program. You know our loneliness turns into shagging which ultimately turns into greed. You need to look into the statistics.

Regarding abortion:

if-you-want-to-be-patriotic-you-should-b

Abortions should be legal, safe, and rare. A lot of women who are pro-choice are personally anti-abortion. There is no goddamn reason for anyone to dictate what a woman does with her body and her womb. I should note too the US "pro-life" lobby is fervently anti-birth control and labeled them "abortio-faciets" pushing to ban them outright. Already they've succeeded in doing to in the form of taxpayer funded family planning and healthcare insurance coverage. I should note they have not pushed it on the male side via condom or vasectomy bans. The absolute lack of basic moral empathy is astounding

I only respect someone who is "pro-life" if they are just as fervently anti-war and pro-taxpayer funding social services for single mothers, children, and impoverished citizens. If they are truly that consistent we'll talk. Few of those that vocal fit that criteria. The absolute lack of pressure for males to receive equal punishment and legal responsibility under these new laws is fucking disgusting and highlights how this is all religious right personal control.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 4:55 AM, ambergonk said:

I'm kinda mixed on the abortion issue TBH. On one hand, I think it's justified if the conception was from intercourse that a woman never consented to in the first place...but not if she consented to said intercourse.

lol

• Farnsworth 1

On 5/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, Ethel said:

I’m anti-abortion. 

That’s not what the debate is about though. 

4 hours ago, user said:

lol

Because you responded in the post something controversial thread:

Couple of scenarios;

Condom/pill malfunction, this actually happened to me and my then girlfriend years back. Neither of us wanted to have a kid and we were absolutely in no position to have one. We/she should have just carried on anyway because the sex was consensual?

Drunken indiscretions, people do stupid shit sometimes (yeah, just pull out and it'll be fine) should they be forced to have a kid because of this?

Etc.

Also there's a limited timeframe in which an abortion can be performed, how is that gonna work with proving non-consent? Is a judge gonna have a look at the case first? Or do you just say "it wasn't consensual" at the clinic and they'll be like "sure, spread your legs and we'll just pop the little critter out." Because in that case it's an even more pointless proposal you're making.

You seem to be unaware of how difficult to make the decision to get an abortion can be, with intense feelings of shame and guilt involved, and then there's the onus on the girl/woman to make the case that it was non-consensual as well? Abortions should be no questions asked. There's so much potential mental and physical trauma involved, why the hell would you want to make it even more complicated?  

Also, virtually no one is delighted to have to get an abortion. It's emotionally draining and physically painful.

It's tantamount to making amputations illegal.

Edited by Braintree

Just now, Braintree said:

Also, virtually no one is delighted to have to get an abortion. It's emotionally draining and physically painful.

Yeah. I met a guy  who talked about how abortion is some great freedom that women have, and isn't it wonderful that our society is more equal. I had to point out that no one is the winner. There are just people who lose less.

A group of middle school students in Ohio allegedly served urine-and-semen-filled crepes to their teachers during a “gourmet” cooking competition — and are now being investigated by the local authorities, a report says.

The stomach-churning meal went down Thursday at Hyatts Middle School in Powell, according to WBNS.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/20/middle-school-students-allegedly-fed-urine-and-semen-filled-crepes-to-teachers/

On 5/21/2019 at 12:29 PM, Braintree said:

What the fuck? Only one of them is a rat.

I remember this show from when I was a kid. Ratburn Rats is Arthur's teacher was a bachelor who volunteers at a doll hospital on the weekends. His coming out was inevitable. There was an episode of an Arthur spin-off show that was pulled due to pressure from Bush's sec of education  in 2005 because a same-sex couple was on it. It's ridiculous people were cancelling something this innocuous.