IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

figure out a way to make balls gay.. you have to to smash your balls w/a hammer to not be gay

balls are hella gay. All sweaty and sticky, the only redeeming feature is that they provide that wonderful musk.

• Burger 1

Balls are also designed to keep sperm below the average internal body temperature for males. And the purpose of sweat is to cool the human body. Maybe that's why the balls are the first part of the body to get sweaty. Refrigeration concept for seed.

Edited by ambergonk

4 hours ago, marf said:

gun control is practical in places like New Zealand Australia. Gun culture is so interlinked with rugged individualism in America. Just mentioning It people will stockpile weapons.. There are more guns in America than Americans. Politicians are also bought. We know that. 

I know the whole video game debate is often guffawed at. In the 80's they were blamed for things, but First person shooter games really started taking prevalence around the time Columbine happened and it's all been fucked ever since.  

if you don't make a start somewhere to reduce the amount of stupidly overpowered weapons easily available to anyone, you'll never get anywhere and the epidemic will simply continue growing. some gun owners started stockpiling weapons in NZ too after Christchurch in anticipation of tighter laws. doesn't mean said laws won't be a first step at least to reducing future shootings.

part of this is, as you suggested, down to national character, which is difficult to change and a big part of the reason US gun violence is so hard to curb. NZ has some similar mental health concerns (youth suicide rates are a problem) but an NZer is still nowhere near as likely to act out by committing a mass shooting, which is why they've been able to have laxer laws til now. or rather, til one of our dickheads went over and committed such a shooting, not even an NZer.

and the video game argument is guffawed at for good reasons. Columbine happened in '99, did it not? years after FPSes appeared and became popular. what you're describing is a shooting that occurred during that era and which was attributed to a relatively new, popular, 'violent' form of media simply because it was there and easy to blame instead of self-reflecting a bit more.

10 hours ago, ignatius said:

everything is because masculinity is threatened. 

https://pcmdnews.com/university-professor-men-dont-recycle-because-they-dont-want-people-thinking-theyre-gay/

According to Penn State professor of psychology Janet K. Swim, men can be unwilling to perform environmentally friendly tasks if they perceive them as ‘gendered’, such as using reusable shopping bags.

The fear seemed to be that if men were to engage in these allegedly gender nonconforming tasks, other people might think they’re gay.

I think toxic/fragile masculinity is legit a major factor in these shootings... and probably Trump support too. How the fuck do you dismantle that though? Even some (particularly stupid) women perpetuate it. Hammer balls indeed.

that reminds of a story john delancie tells of a guy meeting him on the street and asking him "are you Q?" and he answers "yes." then he asks him "can you bring people back from the dead?"

and delancie answers "only the ones i like" and the guy says "cool" and walks off.

^FFS

He made headlines as an activist for 3-D printed guns. Now he’s pleaded guilty in child sex case.

Self-described anarchist Cody Wilson tap-danced on the limits of the Second Amendment and criminal conduct when his downloadable gun designs for 3-D printers triggered fear that his on-demand firearms would give criminals untraceable killing tools.

But that is not what landed Wilson in court this time.

The 31-year-old accused of paying for sex with an underage girl last summer pleaded guilty Friday in a Travis County, Tex., courthouse to a reduced charge of injury to a child, the Austin American-Statesman reported. Wilson originally faced a charge of felony sexual assault.

Edited by doublename

I rolled through Muskegon on my road trip. place was kind of pretty but gave me Get Out vibes, minus any affluence and sophistication.

I get that the buyer's realtor may not have known what was inside, but wouldn't the selling agent have realized that having shit like that on display in a home for sale would be a deal-breaker for some people?

On 8/7/2019 at 9:36 PM, ignatius said:

Did I already post this here?

And

0043a241524fe15f03b127887f153852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunno how I missed this, but I'm guessing that rear bumper is part of her car? Hell naw, I don't want some batshit-brained (albeit slightly milfy) cat lady co-opting the progressive movement. No thanks.

4 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Dunno how I missed this, but I'm guessing that rear bumper is part of her car? Hell naw, I don't want some batshit-brained (albeit slightly milfy) cat lady co-opting the progressive movement. No thanks.

the car bumper is a totally different person. Q-anon lady probably has an equally batshit bumper sticker collection though

5 hours ago, zero said:

I get that the buyer's realtor may not have known what was inside, but wouldn't the selling agent have realized that having shit like that on display in a home for sale would be a deal-breaker for some people?

but would be a selling point for others

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ambergonk said:

In my experience there's decent overlap between Bernie bros and anti-vaxxers / conspiracy theorists / weirdo-believers.

On 8/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, Nebraska said:

I'm just now seeing this, this is amazing. Good advice. I've noticed I've coped with the insanity of the last few years, including reckoning with the true colors of some relatives coming out, with binge reading Vonnegut and watching a lot of older earnest satire. Black humor and appreciating absurdity is about the only way to stay level-headed when confronted with people who are absolutely and completely brainwashed.

• Like 5

ooooooohhhhh..... 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-rep-steve-king-not-173023969.html

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said at the Westside Conservative Club in Urbandale, Iowa. "Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

On 8/13/2019 at 2:34 AM, joshuatxuk said:

I'm just now seeing this, this is amazing. Good advice. I've noticed I've coped with the insanity of the last few years, including reckoning with the true colors of some relatives coming out, with binge reading Vonnegut and watching a lot of older earnest satire. Black humor and appreciating absurdity is about the only way to stay level-headed when confronted with people who are absolutely and completely brainwashed.

Amen brotha

*blasts Brasseye on repeat*