Rubin Farr

How does the World view America these days?

21 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

All Finnish people are transgenders.

seems to be working out well for them. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanna_Marin

also, america... home to continuous awful violent crimes perpetrated by/against children

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/17/us/barnard-student-tessa-majors-stabbing-court-suspect/index.html

(CNN)The 13-year-old arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of Barnard College freshman Tessa Majors will make a court appearance on Tuesday.

The teen will appear for a probable cause hearing, according to online court records. He was last in court on Friday for a pre-petition hearing and was "remanded to the Administration for Children's Services for secure detention," according to a statement from the New York City Law Department.
Majors, 18, was walking through Morningside Park, near the school's campus, on December 11 when police believe she was attacked by between one and three assailants, according to New York Police Department Chief of Patrol Services Rodney Harrison.
Tuesday, a 14-year-old boy -- whom detectives believe could be tied to Majors' death -- fled from a car as he was on his way to speak to investigators at a New York City precinct, according to a law enforcement source.

Yes, I'm a fan of Sanna Marin.

But as Finnish has no gender specific pronouns and as language shapes the way we think it must mean they're all transgenders, logically.

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

14 year old student allegedly beaten by multiple kids on the school bus for wearing a Trump hat:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/boy-allegedly-beaten-school-bus-183816924.html

On a similar note, I hung out with some guys this weekend that put a UFC match on and a MAGA douche got his jaw broken.

https://www.mmamania.com/ufc-245-results-stream-fight-card-start-time-predictions-odds-highlights-usman-covington-mma/2019/12/15/21022012/ufc-245-full-fight-video-highlights-usman-covington-holloway-volkanovski-nunes-espn-ppv-de-randamie

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, darreichungsform said:

But as Finnish has no gender specific pronouns and as language shapes the way we think it must mean they're all transgenders, logically.

It actually does. Welcome to the corruption of thought.

• Like 1

I generally don't like to watch fighting but there's something satisfying about watching a racist get his ass handed to him by a Nigerian man.

• Like 4

then:

Edited by Nebraska
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

maybe we need a "how does the world view finland" thread?

ueg43bztj9541.jpg?width=743&auto=webp&s=

• Like 2

That lady gets it. Fuck work. 

Finland's bosses:

wide__820x461__desktop

I think that's relevant in the America thread 

• Like 1

It's not so left liberal in Finland as you would believe based on the news. Based on the polls the right-wing populists are now the most popular party. But the parliament elections are 3.5 years ahead in the future so I'll be just enjoying those sweet sweet alt-right and conservative tears until then.

Edited by zkom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, zkom said:

It's not so left liberal in Finland as you would believe based on the news. Based on the polls the right-wing populists are now the most popular party. But the parliament elections are 3.5 years ahead in the future so I'll be just enjoying those sweet sweet alt-right and conservative tears until then.

Let's hope that until then the global right shift will be replaced by a global left shift. But honestly I have little hope. People are just too fucking stupid (or pliable for that matter). And the masses of old people have never learnt media literacy and are therefore welcome victims of the right's lies. Bummer because I want to continue thinking of Finland as the land of fairies and wonders and endless social democracy, lol. Reality sucks

3 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Finland's bosses:

wide__820x461__desktop

I think that's relevant in the America thread 

Hold your beer! We still don't know the outcome of their time in government.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 2

That hair though 

• Burger 2

That’s art. 

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

Karen super saiyan 10,000,000,000,000,000

• Burger 1

"cooter punch"

• Burger 1

This is exactly what Mike Judge warned us about back in 2005. But it went over so many people's heads. Dog help us all.

Fuck u McDonahls !

on dorset.

not all the other ones i like all the other ones.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm watching CNN for the first time in +10 years in my hotel room and this is terrible.
It's like a 24 hour trailer for a new terrible drama/action film. Earlier they showed a clip of someone shooting two people in a church.

I feel like I'm getting dumber by the minute while watching this.

• Like 1

Is that because its CNN, or a US newschannel in general? Spent some time with Fox News years ago when I was in Mexico. It was exactly as you say. Only Fox. Everything was in hyperbole and fake. Like a fake orange juice with too much sugar. I was amased about the idea people would watch this throughout the day. That stuff can't be healthy. 

• Burger 1

I honestly thought CNN was a bit more down to earth and not THIS American, because this is a Idiocracy-level of “AMERICAN NEWS”  

It just seems insane that this is an actual news source. It’s news produced for people with a 2 sec attention span who needs cinematic music to help them digest what is going on. It’s fucking insane and extremely sad.