IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

man-robs-bank-blackface.webp?w=737&f=3e9

Police are investigating the robbery of a PNC Bank in Perryville, Maryland, in which the suspect appears to be wearing blackface as a disguise.

Witnesses described the suspect as a white male, standing approximately 5'5". He was clad in a large white parka with blue lining, gray gloves and a purple knit cap. His most distinguishing feature was the brown makeup that he had used to completely cover his face. 

The Perryville Police Department posted on their Facebook page requesting any information the public might have on the identity of the robber. However, the post was quickly overwhelmed by "derogatory and/or vulgar" comments and officials removed the post.

https://www.newsweek.com/white-male-blackface-robs-maryland-bank-1484896

33 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

Witnesses described the suspect as a white male, standing approximately 5'5". He was clad in a large white parka with blue lining, gray gloves and a purple knit cap. His most distinguishing feature was the brown makeup that he had used to completely cover his face. 

hahaha...dude looks totally ridiculous...wonder if that teller was able to keep a straight face when he walked up there.

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

was anyone here aware that snowboarding is part of white culture? 

Not saying I agree necessarily or anything, but at least where I live... snowboarding, skateboarding, and BMX are all very, very "white" things to do. They're generally referred to as "white trash" sports here.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

26 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Not saying I agree necessarily or anything, but at least where I live... snowboarding, skateboarding, and BMX are all very, very "white" things to do. They're generally referred to as "white trash" sports here.

interesting. growing up in miami had asian, hispanic, white, black, indian, jewish etc friends skating, biking, surfing etc.  but i guess that's the thing w/big diverse cities even back int he 70s and 80s when it was essentially a backwater florida town. i used to compete (flatland freestyle) and went to competitions and jams w/friends all over the state. was always pretty mixed but probably mostly white kids. 

chet hanks is weird though probably most kids growing up under super wealthy super famous parents are probably weird and don't quite fit in or are looking for a way to belong to something other than whatever the fuck happens in hollywood. 

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

interesting. growing up in miami had asian, hispanic, white, black, indian, jewish etc friends skating, biking, surfing etc.  but i guess that's the thing w/big diverse cities even back int he 70s and 80s when it was essentially a backwater florida town. i used to compete (flatland freestyle) and went to competitions and jams w/friends all over the state. was always pretty mixed but probably mostly white kids. 

chet hanks is weird though probably most kids growing up under super wealthy super famous parents are probably weird and don't quite fit in or are looking for a way to belong to something other than whatever the fuck happens in hollywood. 

Huh! Interesting for sure, I guess generalizations like that (IE it’s a “white thing”) don’t stand for a reason. They’ve always been “white sports” (feels really cringe typing that) here. I was big into dirt here, lots of jumping. Good times. 

and yeah I can’t see most super wealthy kids having a regular exposure to culture growing up. Like look at the biebers and kardashians of the world...

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

this is in brazil.. she's an off duty cop. 

wait what

'armed thief tries to rob a group of kids'

what the fuck is going in Brazil that thieves are robbing children lol

stupid fucking reporting i guess, gotta be something more/different than that

2 hours ago, auxien said:

wait what

'armed thief tries to rob a group of kids'

what the fuck is going in Brazil that thieves are robbing children lol

stupid fucking reporting i guess, gotta be something more/different than that

it looked like he was stealing the women's purses.. but i remember seeing this on reddit when it happened and people form brazil chimed in.. tehre's kidnappings and robberies everywhere. there's tons of street crime in many places. if you look on youtube there's videos. 

type in "brazil street crime" or "brazil street violence" and you get tons of compilation videos

some are NSFL shootings.. but if you want to know a little about brazil watch "City Of God" which is really an amazing movie for lot's of reasons. amazing stories about the Favelas and how the drug gangs fought and the younger kids took over and are more violent and ruthless than anyone. there's a lot of street crime from kids who work in teams and some years ago there were so many robberies of jewelry stores that the store owners came together and hired private armed security to battle w/them and protect their stores. there was sort of open season on these kids for different periods of time and they were being outright hunted in some case. there's been a lot of coverage of that kind of thing over the last decade or so. 

• Sad 2