IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

On 2/5/2020 at 7:19 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Not saying I agree necessarily or anything, but at least where I live... snowboarding, skateboarding, and BMX are all very, very "white" things to do. They're generally referred to as "white trash" sports here.

White trash? Maybe BMX but the other two in Alberta are almost exclusively the domain of middle class white kids. Especially snowboarding, lift tickets aren’t cheap. 

I do associate snowboarding with “white culture”, but that’s mostly cause the majority of black kids I knew growing up were poor. 

4 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

White trash? Maybe BMX but the other two in Alberta are almost exclusively the domain of middle class white kids. Especially snowboarding, lift tickets aren’t cheap. 

I do associate snowboarding with “white culture”, but that’s mostly cause the majority of black kids I knew growing up were poor. 

I’m used to anything other than upper class being called white trash  though... like, I had a $1000 mongoose and even a $300 board and remember being called white trash just because I was wearing a hoodie or whatever ?‍♂️. Maybe it’s my own very isolated experience and not representative of Alberta? That’s just how I member things ?

Camping is another white stereotype here 

I mean...to be fair, it's Alberta, which is like the whitest place on earth (along with Saskatchewan and Manitoba). So everything is basically white culture.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, goDel said:

Splendid episode of "How Canadians view Canada", guys!

I mean, sorry, but please keep your Canuckery for a thread on Canuckistan! ;D

sorry

sorry 

excuse me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, goDel said:

Splendid episode of "How Canadians view Canada", guys!

I mean, sorry, but please keep your Canuckery for a thread on Canuckistan! ;D

sorry

sorry 

excuse me

If you'll allow me to be oddly pedantic - it's only a part of Canada you hoser.

sorry.

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:07 PM, Nebraska said:

The Keystone pipeline has spilled hundreds of thousands of gallons of crude oil into North Dakota this week.

"It is one of the larger spills in the state,”

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/468353-keystone-pipeline-spills-over-350000-gallons-of-oil-in-north-dakota

here we go again. this time in .ca. maybe how canadians view canada?

Tensions over the Coastal GasLink rose once again this week, as the RCMP enforced a court injunction near the construction site of the natural gas pipeline in northwestern British Columbia.

The Wet’suwet’en Nation, unceded territory not covered by treaty, has long opposed the project, saying governments do not have the consent of hereditary chiefs.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6517089/wetsuweten-bc-pipeline-protests/

btw: this "protest" by the indeginous people (like the others) will fail since trudeau signed a $6 billion deal with coastal gaslink

Edited by Nebraska

22 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

here we go again. this time in .ca. maybe how canadians view canada?

https://globalnews.ca/news/6517089/wetsuweten-bc-pipeline-protests/

btw: this "protest" by the indeginous people (like the others) will fail since trudeau signed a $6 billion deal with coastal gaslink

I want to qualify what I'm going to say here by stating upfront that I fully believe Alberta should have been looking at ways to diversify their economy at least two decades ago, if not earlier.

However - the Wet'suwet'en here are representing their own point of view, which doesn't necessarily represent all of the indigenous positions in BC.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/wet-suwet-en-coastal-gaslink-pipeline-1.5448363

• Like 1

Oklahoma will resume executions by the lethal injection method, officials said Thursday.

It has been more than five years since the last execution in the state. The death penalty still has widespread support in Oklahoma despite the national ridicule that followed an injection mistake in 2014 and drug mix-ups in 2015.

Executions have been on hold in Oklahoma because of that mix-up. Officials acknowledged afterward that the same mistake had been made in the execution carried out in January 2015.

https://oklahoman.com/article/5654893/oklahoma-officials-to-give-update-on-executions

Judging from years and years of watching American reality shows I’ve concluded that American men only train their biceps and necks. 

And all white American girls sound like amplified answering machines. 

EDIT: Wait - they sound like this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A state representative from Birmingham filed a bill Thursday that would require Alabama men to get a vasectomy once they reach 50 years old or father three children, “whichever comes first.”

The legislation by state Rep. Rolanda Hollis, D-Birmingham, says that a man will have to pay for the vasectomy “at his own expense." Hollis said the bill is a response to last year’s abortion bill that passed the legislature and included a near-total ban on abortion.

“The vasectomy bill is to help with the reproductive system, and yes, it is to neutralize the abortion ban bill ... it always takes two to tango," she said. “We can’t put all the responsibility on women. Men need to be responsible also.”

https://www.al.com/politics/2020/02/state-reps-bill-would-force-men-to-get-vasectomies-at-50.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

heard about this yesterday. so nuts. they're piped full of the right wing talking points and trumped up bullshit. 

Idaho is good for potatoes. That's about it.

Actually Coeur d'Alene is a decent tourist destination. But the general Idaho demographic is obvious to anyone from the PNW.

Edited by ambergonk

the mist off the water, not seeing God's face but knowing it was THE face of God but not seeing it like someone in front of her, yellow goldish, God put her in the White House. Far out ramble on etc

she has that cotton wool mind mouth addicts tend to present with

Merka, land of the free because of the brave