IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

fucking hell. i hope they catch the asshole. portland is a small town. i've ridden all over it and had my share of interactions w/cars. fuck. wtf. 

Man hospitalized after being shot while biking in southeast Portland road rage

https://bikeportland.org/2020/05/06/man-hospitalized-after-being-shot-while-biking-in-southeast-portland-road-rage-314594

“Guy in a SUV rolled up on me at Ankeny and 13th, said “i’m gonna fucking shoot you…” and then he did,” 

America

23 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

Where the fuck is A&W???  Dairy Queen - hello!!  This is bullshit.  

And Baskin Robbins sneaking in there at the end?  wtf - makes no sense!

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

2 minutes ago, goDel said:

you did. we all did. ever bought something from amazon?

Ever done anything? The economy is structured in a way that most money streams eventually lead to the top, no matter what you do. Maybe you could avoid this by becoming a wood gnome

• Farnsworth 1

16 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

This is about as American as it gets. 

starting to think there are no 'good guys with guns'

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Just now, dingformung said:

if more people had guns they could have shot the bad guys

mcdonalds should open up inside gun stores ... for safety. 

• Haha 1

Those incidents are always over the shittiest food imaginable.  Why are their never any violent fine dining shoot-ups?  At least in that case the stakes would be so much higher.  But getting murderously upset about not being able to hang out inside a McDonald's?  So hard to wrap my brain around.

*was the shooter 6 years old?  In that case, bit more understandable.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Imagine.

Imagine a nation where all non gun-owning Merkins charge in a gigantic human wave against all the gun-owning Merkins.

As the last gunman fires his final round into a haze of carnage & blood, a lone non gun-owner climbs the summit of bodies before falling, mortally wounded, by the last Merkin made bullet.

Canadia & Mexica slowly probe the borders & meet in the middle, shake hands, make coke deals, put the last surviving gun owner in a zoo & begin parenting kids with a decidedly ginger genetic disposition.

A thousand years from now, Canexican offspring begin digging this sacred archaeological battle site & find a Maccy D's underneath 350 millions skeletons. Ozymandias didn't have drive-thru they'll say.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

19 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

Imagine.

Imagine a nation where all non gun-owning Merkins charge in a gigantic human wave against all the gun-owning Merkins.

As the last gunman fires his final round into a haze of carnage & blood, a lone non gun-owner climbs the summit of bodies before falling, mortally wounded, by the last Merkin made bullet.

Canadia & Mexica slowly probe the borders & meet in the middle, shake hands, make coke deals, put the last surviving gun owner in a zoo & begin parenting kids with a decidedly ginger genetic disposition.

A thousand years from now, Canexican offspring begin digging this sacred archaeological battle site & find a Maccy D's underneath 350 millions skeletons. Ozymandias didn't have drive-thru they'll say.

merkin.jpgWT7uTvf.png

On 5/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, ignatius said:

he's too good. can't tell if joking or serious

I’d wager he’s satirizing. The whole bit about “the constitution, which I haven’t read” kind of gave it away. 

20 hours ago, dcom said:

I think that’s utterly useless. 
You all realize Jeff Bezos doesn’t literally have $139B sitting around in cash right? 
Make Amazon and other corporations pay their fair share of tax. Corporate tax evasion dwarfs individual tax evasion. 

• Farnsworth 2

30 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I think that’s utterly useless. 
You all realize Jeff Bezos doesn’t literally have $139B sitting around in cash right? 
Make Amazon and other corporations pay their fair share of tax. Corporate tax evasion dwarfs individual tax evasion. 

why not both?

i generally dislike bitchy people and people who desire control like people in the ousa. then again there's a melting pot of people in the usao so its generally a good sight. in hindsight, ousao is kinda capitalistic and needing for economy and more people to work in economy and to mesh into this facade, best expressed in mothers. i like it here because i have a chance to hate what america does and not hate what america does, and without no recourse because of hiding away, but, just like the imaginative realm of ouaso, there is differing opinions in everyone, even to themselves. there's just a bunch of ants in a jar starting wars in a big space but with a lid keeping us from progressing, but when we go out of a jar we're in another jar. just fucking being trapped forever and then we have to recourse into eating dust. its cool though.

2 minutes ago, metalbubble said:

i generally dislike bitchy people and people who desire control like people in the ousa. then again there's a melting pot of people in the usao so its generally a good sight. in hindsight, ousao is kinda capitalistic and needing for economy and more people to work in economy and to mesh into this facade, best expressed in mothers. i like it here because i have a chance to hate what america does and not hate what america does, and without no recourse because of hiding away, but, just like the imaginative realm of ouaso, there is differing opinions in everyone, even to themselves. there's just a bunch of ants in a jar starting wars in a big space but with a lid keeping us from progressing, but when we go out of a jar we're in another jar. just fucking being trapped forever and then we have to recourse into eating dust. its cool though.

A+ post. and it makes more sense than half the legit arguments i see around here. keep it up.

7 minutes ago, ignatius said:

why not both?

Like you understand that Bezos’ wealth is tied to amazon stock right? You can’t “take away” $3B from him to pay for all the covid19 tests in America, because he literally doesn’t have $3B. 

If Bezos sold $3B worth of amazon stock, what do you think that would do the price of Amazon stock? 
I agree that capital gains taxes could be higher, and the top marginal rate could also be higher, but this idea that the 400 richest Americans have more money than the bottom 60% is wrong.  They have more wealth but not more money. This kind of thinking leads to bad policy making. 

3 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

This is about as American as it gets. 

Look. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I still believe the customer is always right and if the customer wants to shoot you in the face then by gummit we'll just need to roll up our sleeves and get shot in the face.

13 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Like you understand that Bezos’ wealth is tied to amazon stock right? You can’t “take away” $3B from him to pay for all the covid19 tests in America, because he literally doesn’t have $3B. 

If Bezos sold $3B worth of amazon stock, what do you think that would do the price of Amazon stock? 
I agree that capital gains taxes could be higher, and the top marginal rate could also be higher, but this idea that the 400 richest Americans have more money than the bottom 60% is wrong.  They have more wealth but not more money. This kind of thinking leads to bad policy making. 

yeah i get it.. don't need to get in to the details but when i said "Why not both?" i was just saying why not fix the corporate tax situation and tax very wealthy people fairly?  fix capital gains taxes, fix loopholes and yada yada yada... pretty sure it's the same conversation that goes around in circles anyways.. 

also, i think there is some hair splitting.. there are people who are very very wealthy and have been for like generations or something and they park their money in investments because it's the thing to do to maintain multi-generational wealth. 

Edited by ignatius

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

yeah i get it.. don't need to get in to the details but when i said "Why not both?" i was just saying why not fix the corporate tax situation and tax very wealthy people fairly?  fix capital gains taxes, fix loopholes and yada yada yada... pretty sure it's the same conversation that goes around in circles anyways.. 

no no everyone we need to discuss it here and explain it all in detail, work out the kinks. WATMM's job is to fix the planet now. smartest collection of minds on the planet, right here. roll those sleeves up and let's hash this out. no one gets out until everything is fixed.