IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Spoiler

Im not diminishing the situation with my comment. Please. Im saying in general. Comment on the op's topic. Yes, Minnesota is bad. Consider the country and its make up and comparable nations around the world. Its amazing we are still here as a democracy in general. Just by size alone

@Candiru, always welcome.

The response to the Rodney King riots kind of pales in comparison...

@marf it is kind of amazing how you're still around as a democracy - but this step of arresting reporters live on air and flying predator drones around is kind of unprecedented.

Well, there you go. Maybe things are changing in a bad way. LA riots were way worse. Nothing is going to change Im afraid. 

21 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Edit: Also the president tweeted out "when the looting starts, the shooting starts"

He prob had a moment after that popped into his head where he recognized it as the cleverest bit of word play he'd ever conceived.  Like "this is going to blow them away."  Two words that rhyme and relate to a thing.  But also, probably something he heard someone else say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

He prob had a moment after that popped into his head where he recognized it as the cleverest bit of word play he'd ever conceived.  Like "this is going to blow them away."  Two words that rhyme and relate to a thing.  But also, probably something he heard someone else say.

It's not original - some chief of police used in Florida back in like the 50s or something. BUt you're def right about the first part. He's been forced to walk it back though, thanks to twitter actually flagging it as violating their terms of service. Big lel

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/29/21274359/trump-tweet-minneapolis-glorifying-violence

Was raised half a block down from the third precinct. Then moved down 5 blocks from there when I was 7 and it looks like the destruction has spread just 2 blocks away from there with the Hexagon burning down. Went biking around the old neighborhood just to see what state it was in yesterday and jesus christ this shit is depressing. I don't think the neighborhood will recover from this shit any time soon given the financial collapse and pandemic. Sorry to say but the guy that got shot should have seen that one coming. You think you're just going to break into Cadillac Pawn, which has been in operation for decades in a shitty area of Lake street and the owners aren't ready for you? Should have just stuck with Target or Walgreens.

Honestly the worst part is seeing just how many small businesses, many of which were owned by minorities, got vandalized in the process. Imagine thinking you're finally gonna get to reopen in just a few days and you get hit with that. It appears you can't have protests anymore without some fucking anarchist morons and opportunistic knuckleheads looking for some short term gratification at the expense of long term consequences which are just going to further perpetuate the same shit that landed us in the situation before. The cops and citizens have never hated each other as much as they do now, that's for damn sure. Only good news I've heard is that they arrested the officer but I've got a feeling this asshole gets off lightly. Just waiting for the japanese murder hornets to arrive at this point. Fuck this whole year man.

• Sad 1

It's so obvious that in the video the guy couldn't breathe. Whether there were "underlying conditions" is irrelevant because the way he was pinned was completely unnecessary, and he asked for helped and expressed his difficulty breathing given the position he was in. 

Also, in general, I think we should accept that if you're holding someone down by putting your knee on that handcuffed person's neck, you're a fucking creep. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

It's not original - some chief of police used in Florida back in like the 50s or something. BUt you're def right about the first part.

Hey now - I was right about both parts.  (Prob something he heard someone else say being the other part... a segregationist police chief as it so turns out!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:
4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

It's not original - some chief of police used in Florida back in like the 50s or something. BUt you're def right about the first part.

Hey now - I was right about both parts.  (Prob something he heard someone else say being the other part... a segregationist police chief as it so turns out

Technically we don’t know if he heard the segregationist chief say it...;)

just fucking with ya, you’re right on both parts!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, apriorion said:

It's so obvious that in the video the guy couldn't breathe. Whether there were "underlying conditions" is irrelevant because the way he was pinned was completely unnecessary, and he asked for helped and expressed his difficulty breathing given the position he was in. 

Also, in general, I think we should accept that if you're holding someone down by putting your knee on that handcuffed person's neck, you're a fucking creep. 

They’re saying “he wouldn’t have died if he didn’t have that underlying health condition. It’s his fault his brain had a lack of oxygen, not the officer who kneeled on his neck for several minutes.”

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

37 minutes ago, Candiru said:

They’re saying “he wouldn’t have died if he didn’t have that underlying health condition. It’s his fault his brain had a lack of oxygen, not the three officers who kneeled on his neck for several minutes.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/us/george-floyd-new-video-officers-kneel-trnd/index.html

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

lots of examples of none lethal knees to the neck from patriots. hopefully they'll be enrolling to the police academy soon

this is fucked. if this becomes a thing people do and share. 

but.. also, what the video didn't show was there were 2 other cops kneeling on George floyd for part of the 8 minutes. 

and of course i doubt these kids are that idiot wrestling coach are using same technique as the cop.

38 minutes ago, ignatius said:

this is fucked. if this becomes a thing people do and share. 

but.. also, what the video didn't show was there were 2 other cops kneeling on George floyd for part of the 8 minutes. 

and of course i doubt these kids are that idiot wrestling coach are using same technique as the cop.

well- now that microsoft is implementing AI journalists, we'll get more non-biased reporting on such topics. and the less "human" the article, the more we can disassociate from the story. 

• Sad 2
  • Farnsworth 1

Just now, Nebraska said:

lots of examples of none lethal knees to the neck from patriots. hopefully they'll be enrolling to the police academy soon

I truly hope those little shits don't become police officers, because they seem to fit the ideal psych profile these days.