IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

5 minutes ago, auxien said:

to be fair tho what happened before that video started. somebody jumps on my car unprovoked (IF that's the case, possible, idk!) i'd probably try and run them over too.

fucking insane. asshole cops could've just...ya know....gone backwards. not engaged. hope they're charged with attempted murder.

Yeah, tension is high and people do stupid, terrible things in the heat of the moment.

Those cops probably just wanted to get the fuck out of there, but yeah... jfc what a fucking mess

• Like 1

This whole aftermath is too complex to make it just an us vs them conflict. There are shitty cops, just as there are shitty opportunists in plain clothing taking advantage of the chaos...although there is some overlap in some cases. 

Either way I have a feeling that martial law is imminent. And all I'm doing is sitting in the safety of my home browsing social media and posting useless opinions on WATMM.

Worth noting though that there are more altruistic examples of activism amidst this unrest. Black men protecting a police officer who got separated from his squad in Louisville last night, people donating food and supplies in Minneapolis, etc.

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 1

well, this old guy is fucked.  He came equipped with a bow & arrow, looks like he got an arrow off before he probably got absolutely pummeled.  Reading comments, looks like the cops stood by and watched everyone burn his car afterwards.  This is beyond surreal.  Here I am eating my dinner browsing the apocalypse, or revolution, or just another weekend in 2020.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

well, this old guy is fucked.  He came equipped with a bow & arrow, looks like he got an arrow off before he probably got absolutely pummeled.  Reading comments, looks like the cops stood by and watched everyone burn his car afterwards.  This is beyond surreal.  Here I am eating my dinner browsing the apocalypse, or revolution, or just another weekend in 2020.

I... cannot begin to understand what this man was thinking

• Burger 1

24 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

• Haha 1

I try to keep politics to a minimum on social media, but I have to admit I'm kind of enjoying seeing the trustfund techno twats egging things on and riding to everyone's rescue again.  

Just now, auxien said:

and suppsedly this is his from his facebook lol

https://twitter.com/jazzfanjess/status/1266909287856566272?s=20

Any Native American would tell him that his (our) "anaesters" were the ones who came here "ileagely".

Also my browser won't let me play those Twitter vids for some reason. Dunno why. Do I have to be logged into my dormant Twitter acct first I wonder?

• Like 2

not sure if it will let me link this nyt photo, but the equiptment, and general chubbiness of these police make them look like theyre dressing up as teenage mutant ninja turtles ?

merlin_172959633_e2e9fd5a-2b3c-49e5-af23

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

6 minutes ago, timbre monke said:

Any Native American would tell him that his (our) "anaesters" were the ones who came here "ileagely".

Also my browser won't let me play those Twitter vids for some reason. Dunno why. Do I have to be logged into my dormant Twitter acct first I wonder?

Open in new tab (middle click, or right click and select from context menu)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, markedone said:

not sure if it will let me link this nyt photo, but the equiptment, and general chubbiness of these police make them look like theyre dressing up as teenage mutant ninja turtles ?

merlin_172959633_e2e9fd5a-2b3c-49e5-af23

when big things like protests and riots happen they drag every fat ass out from behind a desk and put them in riot gear. years ago i went to a union march in miami FTAA... protesting trade agreements and there were literal 300lb cops out there sweating slime like jabba... about to die in the sun and heat of mid day miami. 

13 minutes ago, ignatius said:

when big things like protests and riots happen they drag every fat ass out from behind a desk and put them in riot gear. years ago i went to a union march in miami FTAA... protesting trade agreements and there were literal 300lb cops out there sweating slime like jabba... about to die in the sun and heat of mid day miami. 

Nothing strikes fear into the heart of a rioter like a staredown with Paul Blart Mall Cop

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

^yeah....i've never been an ACAB kinda guy because all is a big fucking word but that and shit like this... makes me wonder: 

has a lot to do with oversight by police unions and DA office coordination, mayors, etc., of course. systemic protection of almost any wrongs, from the ground to the top.

unless of course you happen to be a black cop who admits to overreacting and making a deadly mistake, in which case the protection and coordination seems to fail: 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/07/us/minneapolis-mohamed-noor-sentenced/index.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

shit is crazy everywhere. 

miami style

here's a link to a bunch of twitter posts. some i posted above. 

the top story at link is graphic and hard to watch. apparently a dude charged protestors/looters with a sword and they beat him badly.  he was trying to defend a store or something.. not his store.. just some store. i guess he didn't study the blade enough. i know.. that was low hanging fruit. 

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/dallas-man-beaten-stoned-and-left-for-dead-by-rioters/

it's fucking rough. crowds can be brutal as fuck. 

• Sad 1

This shit is getting depressing. I wish more cities would follow Camden NJ's example. 

(I vaguely remember us driving thru there as a family when I was a kid.)

• Like 1

regarding ACAB.. i have the same problem  with the word ALL.. my brother was a cop for 15 years in a small district in miami. some of his cop buddies were idiots some were A+ people who just wanted to help people.  90% of what my brother had to deal with was conflict resolution during domestic violence situations and dealign with drunk idiots and people who shouldn't be driving. 

but why i think ACAB has weight is because cops so rarely break ranks. it's fear that if that one bad cop get's punished then things will be harder for all the other cops.. or something.. a post i read recently summed it up simply.. if you have 10 bad cops and 1000 good cops but the 1000 good cops don't turn in the 10 bad cops then you basically have 1010 bad cops. 

and cops have a pretty good union. i think there's a difference between a cop who makes a mistake in an instant and a bad cop who is out to fuck people up. 

and i think in situations like this.. riots.. when they're amped up and out en masse that they give in to shitty nature/behavior and they want to take out their anger or frustration or just be fucking meat heads. i think the same happens in the military. 

a good example of that kind of thing is the 10 episode series "Generation Kill" which was done by the guy who did The Wire.. David Simon... it's about the marines who bee lined to bahgdad in the gulf war. some of the actors are the marines playing themselves. really shows the "some of them are best and brightest and some are total morons" type thing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, timbre monke said:

This shit is getting depressing. I wish more cities would follow Camden NJ's example. 

(I vaguely remember us driving thru there as a family when I was a kid.)

they have a pretty high murder rate. real gun problem. it's one of those places like parts of chicago where there's lot's of gun violence. it's savy of their police to join the marches on side of the protestors. cops walking a beat and getting to know the neighborhood and residents used to be the way to do it but hasn't been that way in america for a long time. 

it is depressing. 

Just now, ignatius said:

they have a pretty high murder rate. real gun problem. it's one of those places like parts of chicago where there's lot's of gun violence. it's savy of their police to join the marches on side of the protestors. cops walking a beat and getting to know the neighborhood and residents used to be the way to do it but hasn't been that way in america for a long time. 

it is depressing. 

Yeah even in the mid-90s that was the case apparently. My dad acted like we were about to traverse a cease fire zone or something at the time.

I had to look up the acronym ACAB just now because I'm a dummy. And yes, it is an easy mindset to fall into. But I also think it's a bit of an unfair stereotype, because the good cops never get as much attention as the bad ones these days. I feel like America is long overdue for a systemic overhaul in police training. We need law. We need order. But we don't need shitty, psychotic, unprofessional thugs under the guise thereof.

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 2