Rubin Farr

How does the World view America these days?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I mean it would be ironic if POC owned any of those cars.  For certain though, burning them will surely open the eyes of the rich to the struggles of the proletariat, and not in any way galvanize them against the poor. Definitely not. 

its a class struggle too, a race struggle is just one of its manifestations.  a primarily all-black upper class town which managed itself would not suffer from police profiling or other shit unless outsiders venture in.  similar can be said if you modify the ratios

Edited by Zeffolia

1 minute ago, Zeffolia said:

its a class struggle, a race struggle is just one of its manifestations.  an all-black upper class neighborhood which managed itself would not suffer from police profiling

You'd like to think so.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/tulsa-race-massacre-1921-99th-anniversary-trnd/index.html

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

its a class struggle too, a race struggle is just one of its manifestations.  a primarily all-black upper class town which managed itself would not suffer from police profiling or other shit unless outsiders venture in.  similar can be said if you modify the ratios

You don’t think rich black people look down on poor black people? Have you never seen the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

You don’t think rich black people look down on poor black people? Have you never seen the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

how does this sentence contradict anything I said? you just gave an example that suggests it's about class more than race in that scenario

You said an upper class well managed all black neighborhood wouldn’t have profiling. I’m telling you they would. 
Burning those cars is unproductive for any number of reasons, but mostly because it puts the people who can actually do something about systemic racism (those with wealth) in an antagonistic mindframe. 

35 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

You said an upper class well managed all black neighborhood wouldn’t have profiling. I’m telling you they would. 
Burning those cars is unproductive for any number of reasons, but mostly because it puts the people who can actually do something about systemic racism (those with wealth) in an antagonistic mindframe. 

you didn't read my entire example clearly.  also I edited my post, possibly after you saw it, to say town

and those people won't do anything to help anyway they have directly differing incentives

Edited by Zeffolia

17 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

you didn't read my entire example clearly.  also I edited my post, possibly after you saw it, to say town

and those people won't do anything to help anyway they have directly differing incentives

“Those people”? Damn...that sounds pretty uhhh...

I thought the race struggle was part of it? Ah only poor POC are impacted by racism. Got it. 

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

“Those people”? Damn...that sounds pretty uhhh...

I thought the race struggle was part of it? Ah only poor POC are impacted by racism. Got it. 

"Those people" was directed towards "those with wealth" if you're implying it's racist

No shit race is part of it.  But what is a big part of why race is capable of being part of it?  Because black people are disproportionate victims of violence, and this includes economic violence

You either are unaware of these things or arguing in bad faith, either way it's not worth my time

So do you think burning rich black peoples cars is more or less likely to help POC overcome systemic racism? Explain your answer. 

Zeffolia don't give up

You're going to win

I can feel it

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

So do you think burning rich black peoples cars is more or less likely to help POC overcome systemic racism? Explain your answer. 

ummmmmmmm I don't think there should be luxury cars, at all, or mansions, so yeah get rid of the fucking luxury cars even if black people own them

• Facepalm 1

101394639_10100254878004645_538945903042

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

actually ive been thinking and i decided much of what i wrote above is dumb, except the abolishing luxury cars thing

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Burger 1

Posted (edited)

lol, Spotify has jumped in on this I see. I thought it had bugged when I opened it up this morning. A lot of the regular playlist art is replaced by black boxes (with vaguely readable playlist titles) and the description for all of them reads "black lives matter" instead of the typical "sweet deep house jams for yoga and tea-drinking". Top placement in my "feed" is a playlist called Black Lives Matter illustrated by a raised fist, "songs of empoverment and pride". Edit: it's this thing

I don't know man (and woman), looks like this could turn the tide after all. If people just keep at it, maybe Nike and other "cool brands" will jump on the bandwagon as well, and if they do, I believe everyone else will follow. Come on fortune 500, you know it's the right thing to do. If the mainstream embraces this movement with sympathy (which I think you need big corp advertisement dollar to get across) it's certainly game over for el presidente.

big corps>big corpus

imo.

Edited by Gocab
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Although I'm hopeful for a "turn the tide" kind of development, I'm very sceptical. Can write a whole post about why, but I don't want to depress people. So I'm just keeping it to: don't keep your hopes up to high.

Some reporting here that the nightly riots appear to be done by outside interest groups. Unclear which. Both signs of radical leftists and extreme right. Smells fishy. Couple of groups want to see the US burn. And it has nothing to do with racial inequality either, I'm guessing.

I think the outside groups talk is just a ploy to deligitmize the protest.

Although I'm hopeful for a "turn the tide" kind of development, I'm very sceptical. Can write a whole post about why, but I don't want to depress people. So I'm just keeping it to: don't keep your hopes up to high.
Some reporting here that the nightly riots appear to be done by outside interest groups. Unclear which. Both signs of radical leftists and extreme right. Smells fishy. Couple of groups want to see the US burn. And it has nothing to do with racial inequality either, I'm guessing.

Simultaneously there’s a lot of peaceful protests and marches and vigils but they don’t get the same airtime. If it bleeds it leads.

Regarding groups spreading chaos, yep. Even heard “boogaloo boys” mentioned on the nightly news yesterday. So that narrative is getting traction. I think chaos is competing evenly with everything else.

The police and national guard aren’t know for being nuanced in response. They’re all blunt instructions especially as trump spews his bullshit. It’s infectious.

The next few days are crucial. It’s gonna stay weird though I think.
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Let’s get a show of hands: How many of you have properly repented for the original sin of being white/male/straight? Don’t lie.

Present me your shame...

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Gocab said:

I think the outside groups talk is just a ploy to deligitmize the protest.

Not so fast. Firstly it was about what is happening specifically during the nights. Second, it's not a ploy to degilitmize these protests when there's people coming in from outside the state with what appear to be completely different intentions. Should we simply ignore that? The core of these protests seem to be peaceful and aimed at police violence against black people. But a number of people appear to show up with completely different intentions.

OK, nothing is happening. It's all fake news. Believe no one. Sure. That's also a way to deal with it.

Not so fast!

Thanks, I've not seen this reported by any news sites that I read regularly, but I know the president was fast to play that angle, so that's why I was sceptical, because, you know he does nothing but lie.

Faster!

1 minute ago, Gocab said:

Thanks, I've not seen this reported by any news sites that I read regularly, but I know the president was fast to play that angle, so that's why I was sceptical, because, you know he does nothing but lie.

I hope you're not thinking I take my cues from Trump....

*triggered*

• Like 2

brand.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1