IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

19 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

capitalism bad. y u no understand? u dumb!

I'll summarise your posts for the entire month. Or year perhaps.

• Thanks 3

Police officers shot, hit by car in multiple incidents amid George Floyd protests

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/500604-police-officers-injured-in-multiple-incidents-amid-george-floyd-protests

inevitable. 

Edited by ignatius

45 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

the bricks are extremely clearly there to goad protestors into throwing them.  these cops are dirty, theyre fucking garbage, get with the program

obamas a dumb baby

he was president now hes posting dumb motivational shit lmao

why didnt he, you know, do this when he was president

If he had a functional majority in the Senate and House of congress his legacy would probably look a lot better, but the GOP seemed to be dead set on sabotaging everything he did. Everything I tell you. All the things. Broken. 

Edited by Gocab

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

"I believe some coward randomly shot at the police line," chief John Hayden told reporters.

and i saw dozens of videos of coward cops shooting randomly at lines of protesters. funny how this works. obviously the solution is more guns though, with less restrictions on the types of weapons and background checks too. freedom to maim and murder in any number of ways! give the police missile launchers and let them bring out their tanks, that’s freedom baby

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1

5 minutes ago, auxien said:

and i saw dozens of videos of coward cops shooting randomly at lines of protesters. funny how this works. obviously the solution is more guns though, with less restrictions on the types of weapons and background checks too. freedom to maim and murder in any number of ways! give the police missile launchers and let them bring out their tanks, that’s freedom baby

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Candiru said:

I was talking about this at work and someone said that the staged bricks at the protest spots are actually so people think to pick them up and break windows and stuff because they will focus on something other than attacking the police, which would be a more dangerous situation than just destroying property. Maybe I'm out of the loop but I thought this sounded somewhat plausible. They know a lot of people want to do something violent and destructive, so they give them the safer option. Old news? Dumb?

My first thought was that they were to provoke any protesters so that more can be arrested. 

i think they're being set up by the boogaloo bois in an attempt to perpetuate the anti antifa sentiments currently held by the right. the thing is, there are people who will take advantage of the situation to loot simply driven by their own personal agenda, then there are those who will incite looting to further their own agenda. the two get blurred in the pandemonium- then lumped together since the results usually the same. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i think they're being set up by the boogaloo bois in an attempt to perpetuate the anti antifa sentiments currently held by the right. the thing is, there are people who will take advantage of the situation to loot simply driven by their own personal agenda, then there are those who will incite looting to further their own agenda. the two get blurred in the pandemonium- then lumped together since the results usually the same. 

Yes, the horseshoe effect. Antifa hates the Starbucks liberals as much as the alt-right does and at the end of the day, they do pretty much the same stuff. 

I honestly think the prevalence of either group is overstated. There are probably more crusty punk people but they aren’t an organized group by any means.  

8 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Yes, the horseshoe effect. Antifa hates the Starbucks liberals as much as the alt-right does and at the end of the day, they do pretty much the same stuff. 

I honestly think the prevalence of either group is overstated. There are probably more crusty punk people but they aren’t an organized group by any means.  

True, in fact I think so of the right-wing leaning boogaloos are finding themselves with different priorities and even a mutual shared ethos with those on the far left in the streets

There are though right-wing bootlicker militias like Three-percenters and Oath Keepers: pro-military and pro-police open carry folks and these groups emerged when Obama took office. They've become more numerous and normalized - I regularly see "III" stickers and related logos on my commute daily in Austin. The military fetishist faux soldier cottage industry is huge because of these movements. Most have double-downed and become very pro-Trump. They masquerade as anti-government but they really just say this to distract from overt anti-leftism and pro-authoritarian viewpoints. They showed up at the Ferguson protests in 2014. In Texas it seems most are who are showing up are doing so to preemptively "protect" monuments and historic buildings.

The real threat is how many will just start straight-up shooting opponents with police backing and/or law enforcement looking the other way. There's already reports many have helped cops round up people. It's been documented off-duty cops and allies have been disrupting aid stations, trying to initiate violence in person or online, etc. Minorities and leftists are the #1 target. This wouldn't be the first time post-war and post-civil rights movement - 5 protesters (4 communist activists) were shot and killed at a public event in Greensboro NC in 1979 by KKK and Nazi gunmen with local police collusion.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Candiru said:

"fascists and the people who oppose fascists are pretty much the same thing"

its big brain time

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

"we're on your side!" yelled the white trust fundie from his beer pong table as people die in the streets

Big Brain Time indeed. 

You definitely aren’t capable of caring about civilians getting murdered unless you break an innocent bystander’s window. Bonus points if they’re white, right? Because that will get them to like you and care even more about this issue than before. 

Edited by Candiru
  • Facepalm 1

45 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Big Brain Time indeed. 

You definitely aren’t capable of caring about civilians getting murdered unless you break an innocent bystander’s window. Bonus points if they’re white, right? Because that will get them to like you and care even more about this issue than before. 

He's doing the same thing the cops do. Take everything at face value. You don't know anything about those people. I used to party like that when I was in college. My Dad was grampa Joe from willy Wonka basically. Poor as dirt but I was in school and trying to make the best of it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Candiru said:

Big Brain Time indeed. 

man you are twisted aren't you? 

• Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

man you are twisted aren't you? 

You’re the one making assumptions about innocent bystanders getting bricks thrown through their window and saying it’s cool because they’re white. Which is the kind of thinking we’re all supposed to be against, right? Feel free to explain your enlightened ways to me and how this will solve unfair treatment of people of specific races. 

• Facepalm 1