IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

i'm so incredibly sorry that my first instinct is not to assume the good intentions of a white guy filming through his window while playing a drinking game where you throw a ball into a cup that someone then drinks out of while people are fighting and dying across the country 

if we track down the video source and it turns out the dude has donated his life savings to the cause and is at home because he has only one lung i'll totally own up to being the asshole here but something tells me that's not the fucking case, and the examples of it are literally everywhere right now. yes there are thousands of people in the streets but there are also millions of people literally just watching this happen and posting black squares on instagram.

• Like 3

Just now, Lada Laika said:

i'm so incredibly sorry that my first instinct is not to assume the good intentions of a white guy filming through his window while playing a drinking game where you throw a ball into a cup that someone then drinks out of while people are fighting and dying across the country 

if we track down the video source and it turns out the dude has donated his life savings to the cause and is at home because he has only one lung i'll totally own up to being the asshole here but something tells me that's not the fucking case, and the examples of it are literally everywhere right now. yes there are thousands of people in the streets but there are also millions of people literally just watching this happen and posting black squares on instagram.

He might as well be Logan Paul in Japan suicide forest circa January 2018. Too bloated, privileged, and empty-headed to stand for anything.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

the dude has donated his life savings to the cause and is at home because he has only one lung

That's a pretty high bar. What if he donated his life savings but still has both his lungs? What if he only has one lung but only donated $10?

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

I'm saying - we don't know this guy's situation. Is he a douchebag frat bro? Maybe, but maybe not. Does posting all high and mighty about him not doing enough make any difference? No, but that approach isn't very becoming for people who want to talk about civility. And I'm not saying all lives matter (they do, but they can't until minorities have at least an equal starting point) but I'm saying typing shit like what you typed makes it super easy for people who aren't down to jump all over you.

Know what I mean?

Edit: Zeff come on dude you've been typing for like an hour. Just call me a capitalist bootlicker and have done with it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

this clip is making the rounds even though it's a couple years old. 

"Sacramento, city council meeting, after Sac PD murdered Stephon Clark in 2018"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You know, sometimes politicians are really bad. Other times they manage to speak with poise and dignity.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I'm saying - we don't know this guy's situation. Is he a douchebag frat bro? Maybe, but maybe not. Does posting all high and mighty about him not doing enough make any difference? No, but that approach isn't very becoming for people who want to talk about civility. And I'm not saying all lives matter (they do, but they can't until minorities have at least an equal starting point) but I'm saying typing shit like what you typed makes it super easy for people who aren't down to jump all over you.

Know what I mean?

@Lada Laika don't just throw a facepalm reaction emoji. I'll make it a question to answer. Do you think being snide and denigrating online is a good way to conduct yourself when trying to motivate people to join your cause?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Know what I mean?

Edit: Zeff come on dude you've been typing for like an hour. Just call me a capitalist bootlicker and have done with it.

the liberal civility fetish is part of the problem but you arent seeing that

and what have I been typing for an hour? I don't know what your edit means.

28 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

@Lada Laika don't just throw a facepalm reaction emoji. I'll make it a question to answer. Do you think being snide and denigrating online is a good way to conduct yourself when trying to motivate people to join your cause?

you're putting too much energy into defending the wrong side and being a centrist.  who cares about that dude? a window broke, let's move on.  his apartment will pay for it.  why are you spending an entire page defending some guy who is clearly a douchebag, just because there's a real possibility that he's actually not one? he wasn't harmed, only a landlord was

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Like 1

Yeah, but another one of those hard pills to swallow is that in order to overcome racial disparities, we need to realize the flaws in Critical Race Theory, a tool of the managerial class which is proving to be more of an obstacle to people getting along than it is helping. 

A lot of the hip beliefs people have about race and identity these days are actually a product of the establishment many claim to hate so much. When no one is a good enough ally, you won’t have many allies, which is better for the status quo. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

my posts are not a recruitment video. i would point back to this much more eloquent post if you wanted a general vibe of where i'm coming from. it nails it to a tee. 

"It's not worth nitpicking these specific often baffling slices of chaos and forcing people to pin their entire ideological and political views on how they react to it."

Nails it to a tee.

47 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

he wasn't harmed, only a landlord was

Maybe he owns the apartment? Maybe it was a condo?

Even if it was only a landlord this time, next time when it's personal property? What will your excuse be then?

3 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

flol

Great discussion. Top notch debate. Much language.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Maybe he owns the apartment? Maybe it was a condo?

Even if it was only a landlord this time, next time when it's personal property? What will your excuse be then?

no excuse

i dont care about their window and i never will

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

i dont care about their window and i never will

And yet you expect them to care about things that are important to you. Don't you think showing empathy would be a better approach than violence and judgement?

2 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

imagine valuing personal property over human life

You're the only one doing that here.

• Facepalm 2

Imagine thinking that breaking a random window of some apartment is really "sending a message about systemic inequality in America". Those kids didn't murder anyone. Yeah maybe they're apathetic, but maybe they still think that equality of opportunity should be afforded to everyone. Until they meet a person who starts getting in their face about how "you're not a good enough ally!"

Anyway. Have at it. Sleep and work and fam keeping me busy tomorrow. Stay safe if you do protest.

43 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

And yet you expect them to care about things that are important to you. Don't you think showing empathy would be a better approach than violence and judgement?

You're the only one doing that here.

what is important to me is the rights of all living creatures to health, happiness, and well-being

what is not important to me is melted sand

how is this hard dude

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Like 1