IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

^^^yeah that’s why I emphasized “can”. But undoubtedly someone is going to gatekeep “true anarchism”. 

edit: another facepalm from Lada. Master of nuanced discourse, this one. 

it is not my job to educate you as to why broken glass is meaningless compared to a human life. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

it is not my job to educate you as to why broken glass is meaningless compared to a human life. 

It's not about the broken glass. I'm talking about being civil to the person, even if you don't like them. "Fuk U douchebag frat bro" isn't a way to have a constructive conversation.

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

It's not about the broken glass. I'm talking about being civil to the person, even if you don't like them. "Fuk U douchebag frat bro" isn't a way to have a constructive conversation.

i was never trying to have a constructive conversation. it was a meme that clearly several people understood and appreciated.

3 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

https://v.redd.it/xbsgoksplp251

This lady on point.

23750861_ScreenShot2020-06-02at12_18_52PM.png.3d1ce46ef2e64b4e504385b6b5425415.png

damn if only there multiple moments of insurrection against racism and police violence while he was in office, maybe he coulda done something

Edited by Lada Laika
  • Like 1

Just now, Lada Laika said:

i was never trying to have a constructive conversation.

23750861_ScreenShot2020-06-02at12_18_52PM.png.3d1ce46ef2e64b4e504385b6b5425415.png

damn if only there multiple moments of insurrection against racism and police violence while he was in office, maybe he coulda done something

Cool, ranting like a child will get you treated like a child, thanks for clarifying your position.

The President has zero power over municipal police forces. What would you suggest the President do to prevent members of municipal police forces from committing extrajudicial murder?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Anarchy can be defined as complete freedom of the individual as the ideal state. Doesn’t sound like a society to me. 

Individualist anarchism is only one branch of anarchism

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

yeah I can agree with your second paragraph. But how does that relate to making snide comments and passing judgment on people you’ve never met? Like surely that’s a tenet of basic human decency. 

the zeitgeist of beer pong frat bros getting their window broken harmlessly is more valuable in the current moment than the rights of their landlord to not have the inconvenience of filing insurance claims.  thats all ill continue replying on this topic

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

Cool, ranting like a child will get you treated like a child, thanks for clarifying your position.

The President has zero power over municipal police forces. What would you suggest the President do to prevent members of municipal police forces from committing extrajudicial murder?

what are you even talking about? if you think i'm going to use a niche music forum to push my own local agenda re: elected officials you're delusional. this is not the platform for that and it never will be. 

Im Gen X we are nihilists. We don't do protests. We watch the world burn. It's actually alarming to see 20 year olds care about anything but beer pong. Or beer in general. And you can be agiest, but Aphex is a good 8 years older than me so kick him off, too. 

Edited by marf
  • Like 1

Can we please stop talking about the fucking windows

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gocab said:

Can we please stop talking about the fucking windows

It was never about the windows, it was about treating people with respect even if they're not being the perfect ally.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

random nit-pick but I've been reaching the conclusion more and more that the ranting of children often exists completely outside the cultural paradigm into which they're daily being domesticated into, and information that is valuable, often more valuable than bourgeois analysis.  for this reason intellectual ageism and jargon worship is bad

• Facepalm 1

I don't see protesters. I see a bunch of kids raised on social media pressured by trends, followers, if they were really engaged we'd have Mr Sanders as the democratic nominee but the youth never really cared and they still don't care despite outward appearances.

• Facepalm 2

23 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

random nit-pick but I've been reaching the conclusion more and more that the ranting of children often exists completely outside the cultural paradigm into which they're daily being domesticated into, and information that is valuable, often more valuable than bourgeois analysis.  for this reason intellectual ageism and jargon worship is bad

The ranting of children is based off emotional response and lacks any critical insight. Like when my 5 year old cries because we have her wear a jacket when its cold outside, but she doesn't want to because she's not cold at the moment.

• Haha 2

martial law is coming

this whole corona/social distancing/ forced to wearing masks/ tracking people on their cellphone to make sure they respect social distancing/ protest/ destruction/ bring in the army to control the situation/ civil war/ state coup?

this looks like the beginning of China social credit system

Edited by Ayya Khema
  • Facepalm 1