IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

1 hour ago, timbre monke said:

Shit like this makes me ashamed as an American white person.

It's not the "white people" so much as faux individualism and the banal form or entitlement on display. The boomer and karen trope overlaps it a lot. Here in the States, especially Texas, the places most flippantly dismissive of the quarantines and wearing masks were the wealthier suburbs and exburbs. Similar disdain was given out by owners of bougie restaurants and bars centrally. People don't want to burst their Americana and modernist ersatz bubbles and help the greater community at large. It's a real shame, I'd argue something that has been lost in America is a sense of national action - even in WW2 those who opposed it still contributed to the home front or worked in CCC jobs. People who would of broken ration ordinances would have been shamed, not commended in a partisan manner.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 2

Juston Howell was shot in the head by Austin Police, fracturing his skull, putting him in critical condition with brain damage. Police told protesters to bring him to them for aid. As they carried his unconcious body, police opened fire.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

rudy lost his mind years ago. the article below gives a pretty good account of what happened to him exactly between 9/11 to now.

in a nutshell, it's all the typical vices - elated ego after becoming "america's mayor", he got rich quick from his consulting business, failed marriages, a controlling 3rd wife, alcoholism, then fading out of the spotlight and struggling for relevance. sounds like his failed 2008 presidential run is what finally drug him off into la-la land.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/rudy-giuliani-new-york-trump-997712/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

Juston Howell was shot in the head by Austin Police, fracturing his skull, putting him in critical condition with brain damage. Police told protesters to bring him to them for aid. As they carried his unconcious body, police opened fire.

That shit is horrifying, and is an internationally recognized war crime. 

So, someone in my family in the working class, owns a small store in one of the cities being rioted in. A few people broke in two nights ago, stole a bunch of stuff, and then their ferrets out of their large cage, and they wandered away, OR stole them because they felt like ferrets might be a fun pet.

So much justice for George Floyd.

During the day there were normal protestors outside of the store. By night the people who don't care about George Floyd help themselves to whatever they want.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1

I guess the riots (not normal protests) are justified as long as you or somebody you know is affected by them. As long are you aren't negatively affected by them, who cares what is ransacked. amirite.

yes my post is sarcastic.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

jesus fucking christ.

UPDATE: The two officers have been immediately suspended by Buffalo Police Commissioner Byron Lockwood. A full Internal Affairs investigation is underway.

okay Buffalo Police Commissioner....but the problem isn't the one or two asshole cops shoving the guy. it's the entire fucking line of militarized 'pushing frontline' mentality. the police are not an occupying or invading force. if they act as such they will do damage as such (seriously jfc that poor guy) and citizens will be prodded into responding to them as such. this is the definition of escalation. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

image.png.99e7bc9183c80cd246d39276a94a8820.png

this fucking doofus just loves the attention, doesn't even realize what's happening. 'oh you're talking excitedly at me! you're interested in what i'm doing! yay!' as dumb as a dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

“This man isn't a protester. He was just a guy sitting at a traffic light when cops shot his car with a tear gas round. He got out to yell at them because his pregnant wife is in the vehicle. So they opened fire on them.”

https://v.redd.it/1ch8vrn1iy251

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 5