IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

2 hours ago, auxien said:

image.png.99e7bc9183c80cd246d39276a94a8820.png

this fucking doofus just loves the attention, doesn't even realize what's happening. 'oh you're talking excitedly at me! you're interested in what i'm doing! yay!' as dumb as a dog.

True, but you might also notice that unlike many of the cops, he's not being a belligerent asshole. Speak softly, smile like a doofus, and carry a military issue automatic weapon. He probably enlisted for the tuition benefit and is from a town 1,000 miles away.

Edited by sweepstakes
  • Like 1

one of my deep hopes for this is that the protests become not just a social event, but a reclamation of public space for public use.  people are in the streets, yelling their message, talking, eating, sharing food, sharing supplies, building bonfires.  if you mix this with Really Really Free Markets [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Really_Really_Free_Market] it's one step towards distributed communes.  it's so hopeful.  what's needed next is tents and native american style longhouses made of garbage, then a reclamation of all public land for food forest purposes

capital will never allow it though, they will try to reclaim it as their private property, and they will use violence to do it.  but that exposes them publicly

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

it's a great example of an abandonment of all capitalist principles, even on things like media.  mainstream media is just not covering this at all, they are covering it from a biased perspective, whereas tons of amateur livestreamers are just going around taking videos, maybe talking over it, which is better journalism of the events than any journalism school grad or professional reporter

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goDel said:

looks like a typical bot.

she made her tweets private. i went to look to find more. she's getting blown up from all sides. 

you mean "she"

"she" could be anything really. perhaps an 8 years old. who knows. 

Sorry, I'm not getting bothered by seeing ignorance on the internet. And people being bothered by it, sorry, but that just looks equally ignorant to me.

• Burger 1

Just now, goDel said:

you mean "she"

"she" could be anything really. perhaps an 8 years old. who knows. 

Sorry, I'm not getting bothered by seeing ignorance on the internet. And people being bothered by it, sorry, but that just looks equally ignorant to me.

i think it's more absurd than ignorant. but yeah.. i usually don't bite on it either because it's just an endless ocean or orchard of low hanging fruit. but i've not been able to do much else today than look at dumb shit and that reply seems particularly dumb even with the rare insult of wilted leaves of cabbage for brains. 

but yeah.. maybe she's 8 years old and who the fuck is osama bin laden and what even is gulf war 2 and how did you ever live w/o cell phones what do you mean the phone plugged into the wall..

20 year olds are basically like aliens in conversation some times so point taken. 

• Like 1

Do they not teach these things in elementary schools? they do over here.

What was that guy doing? That was not a "walk up to" and more like a "walk up against". Not defending those officers. It was a stupid shove. But that guy was behaving awkward, to say the last. 

And that's def. not "killing at will". Come on. If that's an attempt at murder, you can go to a rock concert and put the entire mosh pit into custody.

• Facepalm 7
  • Burger 1

17 minutes ago, chassis said:

America seems to be now attacking and killing it's own citizen at will. What the fuck is happening?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Ian_Tomlinson

Ian Tomlinson was killed in the EXACT same way back in 2009. Shoved to the ground whilst walking away from the police.

Edited by milkface
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, goDel said:

What was that guy doing? That was not a "walk up to" and more like a "walk up against". Not defending those officers. It was a stupid shove. But that guy was behaving awkward, to say the last. 

And that's def. not "killing at will". Come on. If that's an attempt at murder, you can go to a rock concert and put the entire mosh pit into custody.

Hes not at a rock concert though is he? He's an old man on a public street.

• Like 3

^embarrassing post goDel. dude’s like 75 years old. you don’t just shove someone over like that, because they could fall and crack their skull or some shit...exactly like you see happen.

• Like 6

Worth noting they didn't kill him. He's in hospital in stable condition, suffered a concussion.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

When can we have "anger" reactions added to WATMM, I wonder?

Seems like those police treat peaceful protesters the same way the Israeli government treats Palestinians.

(yawns) As Joe Strummer once sang I'm So Bored With The U.S.A. which sums up my opinion, which is why I've never posted here. Back in the day I was always more Ninja Metal than Ninja Punk. However along with The Clash there was a few other bands worth listening to, one of them would be the incredible and unbelievably brilliant Dead Kennedys. One of my most memorable musical experiences of all time would be reading along to the lyrics of Plastic Surgery Disasters. Equally amazed by the deft musical chops I was of course also receiving super fast two-inch death punches by the words and wisdom of Mister Biafra. Both super intellectual and super hilarious at the same time. I'll never forget it!!

One of the best tracks is of course Riot. So here it is in all it's glory! If you've been plugged into a drum machine and laptop then prepare to have your face ripped off!! Read along to the lyrics for maximum effect.

C'mon folks sing a long!!

Edited by beer badger

10 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

True, but you might also notice that unlike many of the cops, he's not being a belligerent asshole. Speak softly, smile like a doofus, and carry a military issue automatic weapon. He probably enlisted for the tuition benefit and is from a town 1,000 miles away.

My cousin is in the national guard and they are far better trained than police. I don't have a soft spot for military or anything, but those soldiers see that the dude isn't a threat and so don't need to even threaten force. Police seem to think they need to maintain "dominance" at all times because they're little insecure shitwads.

3 hours ago, goDel said:

Your cabbage is wilting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goDel said:

It looked to me like he was trying to return a helmet to them. What those cops did - including ignoring him when he fell - is horrible. Protect and serve, remember? 

• Like 3