IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

4 hours ago, Nebraska said:

BLM monument and historic statue reformers need to report to south dakota asap 

just fund the crazy horse monument and call it even (as far as monuments go). Rushmore is pretty underwhelming. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Horse_Memorial

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/crazy-horse-memorial

CrazyHorse-memorial.jpgCrazyHorse.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hijexx said:

:facepalm:

Can anyone find an article where people were authentically mad/feeling oppressed/whatever about Mt. Rushmore say, 10 years ago?

"Nothing stands as a greater reminder to the Great Sioux Nation of a country that cannot keep a promise or treaty than the faces carved into our sacred land on what the United States calls Mount Rushmore." 

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/01/cheyenne-river-sioux-chair-offers-rip-down-mount-rushmore-free-charge-myself-if-i?cd-origin=rss&utm_term=AO&utm_campaign=Daily Newsletter&utm_content=email&utm_source=Daily Newsletter&utm_medium=email

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

weird. everyone is packing. scared of everyone else. it's so fucked. no idea what happened here. there's a scam where people jump behind a car and pretend you hit them and then they sue the driver etc.. happened to a friend at the gas station down the street and one of thegas station attendants busted the dude who jumped behind my friend's car.. not saying that is what happened here.. regardless why jump out w/a gun if that's what happened? 

Just now, Gocab said:

Because black people are v. scary

bLaCk PeOpLe aRe ScArY

USA should desegregate neighborhoods same way it integrated schools. 

• Like 1

there's more footage if you scroll down in that thread, she didn't start with the gun, was an argument with them over her apparently bumping into the kid and not apologising. the white lady was pretty calm throughout that bit and then tried to drive away, which was when the other people hit the car and the lady lost it. apparently she was arrested and had her gun confiscated but she wasn't charged with anything.

1 minute ago, caze said:

there's more footage if you scroll down in that thread, she didn't start with the gun, was an argument with them over her apparently bumping into the kid and not apologising. the white lady was pretty calm throughout that bit and then tried to drive away, which was when the other people hit the car and the lady lost it. apparently she was arrested and had her gun confiscated but she wasn't charged with anything.

sounds like a lot of paperwork for someone. a shame that someone in these kinds of situations can't take the high road and de-escalate or whatever seems appropriate.  ya never know when someone is going to snap though.. based on whatever life experiences they've had.

you never know how some life experience is going to imprint on people for a lifetime.. be it some violence in their past, bullying, or being assaulted or abused etc.. it can make a person have a hair trigger and fearful of many situations.. it sucks to be on the losing end of a violent confrontation. 

Sure lots of screaming and  blowing shit out of proportion, but there's no point in the video that makes drawing a gun on someone the natural thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Gocab said:

Sure lots of screaming and  blowing shit out of proportion, but there's no point in the video that makes drawing a gun on someone the natural thing to do.

They were able to leave without having the instigator block them from leaving again. Nobody was hurt. I say it worked out pretty well.

13 minutes ago, Gocab said:

it doesn't seem normal unless you're in america. someone pulling a gun over some dumb shit is par for the course. seems like saying "ok fine.. look i'm sorry i bumped into your daughter.. didn't mean anything by it. it was an accident" or whatever the fuck happened.. and then just leaving. instead of pulling a gun. the high road doesn't exist in america anymore. 

talking about this shit.. ugh. viewing, analyzing etc all these confrontation videos.. why do i do it? time to stop this behavior. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, hijexx said:

Apparently black folks are coming for light skinned blacks too:

"You acting like you white but you really black"

well, that issue has been around a long time. Spike Lee made a movie about it. School Daze. 

42 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it doesn't seem normal unless you're in america. someone pulling a gun over some dumb shit is par for the course. seems like saying "ok fine.. look i'm sorry i bumped into your daughter.. didn't mean anything by it. it was an accident" or whatever the fuck happened.. and then just leaving. instead of pulling a gun. the high road doesn't exist in america anymore.

The white people took their tongue lashing from the black people and also the threat to beat their ass. They were leaving. The black woman decided to provoke them further by obstructing the white people's vehicle that was already in reverse and leaving.

Getting back out of the car and escalating force might not be what you had done at that point but they had already been threatened and were being threatened and attacked at that point. Camera goes shaky and can't really see what happened between the part where the black woman moved in front of a moving vehicle, hit it, and said "oh you gotta hit me?"

You can't expect to go around threatening people with violence then doing it and not have some sort of consequence. The white woman had the ultimate playing field leveler at her disposal and used it. Black woman mouthed off a little more after that but the point was made and the white people got to leave with no more harassement or physical provocation by the black woman.

44 minutes ago, ignatius said:

talking about this shit.. ugh. viewing, analyzing etc all these confrontation videos.. why do i do it? time to stop this behavior. 

I can't stand watching these. absolutely zero interest in watching people yell at each other and behaving like idiots. don't know what we're supposed to get out of it either, except more proof that so many people in this world suck. for me it brings back that dreaded feeling I used to get when I worked at a call center many years ago and had to put up with stuff like this on a daily basis. same with fox news, cnn, or any other talking head show where they argue with each other like children. loads and loads of crap.

• Like 4

I think it's good to be aware of what is happening in society. By the time these things make it into the regular media channels it's all chopped up, edited, and packaged with each channel's respective narrative. Seeing it raw lets you make up your own mind.

I'm interested to see all of the spin on this incident: liberal, moderate, conservative, the whole spectrum.

• Like 1

To answer the topic question and questions in the starting post...I really just feel bad for you guys xD

Trump as president must be one of the worst things that can happen to a country...Corona is awful, but that's happening everywhere...institutional racism is terrible, but unfortunately also that doesn't seem to be limited to America (happens here in The Netherlands as well unfortunately)...the rioting also seems to be terrible, but I can kind of understand where that comes from, mixed feeling about that...but can't be fully judgemental of it...

But Trump as president...that's gotta be the worst of it all...and the thing is...it's not even the fact that Trump is president...it's the fact that he was elected...that there were actually millions of Americans who thought it would be a good idea to put him in the White House...I really hope for you guys that Trump will be gone after the next elections...but those millions Americans that elected him will still be there...I hope they will change their minds with the next elections...but still, their vote for Trump comes from somewhere...and that will come back again at some point...I hope your next president will do good in bringing the population together, and who goes for collaborating with everyone in the US + the rest of the world, instead of only catering to it's own...

• Like 1