IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

^^^ coincidentally, that happens in the film prometheus when one of the scientists removes his space helmet when they get to an alien planet. luckily for him, there was sufficient oxygen on the planet. unlucky for him, the screenwriters still wrote him off.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^^ I 'member. I think that same guy turned into some kind of feral mutant later on because of parasitic microbes and attacked the rest of the crew.

Anyway, if Trump gets re-elected and he doubles down on his "domination" bullshit, then perhaps Cascadian secession should be on the table.

19 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Yeah WTF is going on?  We’re gonna need some Nuremberg type trials after Trump is defeated.

Just you watch the Biden admin will do absolutely nothing to investigate all the crimes the Trump admin has committed in the name of bipartisanship and decorum.

4 hours ago, azatoth said:

Just you watch the Biden admin will do absolutely nothing to investigate all the crimes the Trump admin has committed in the name of bipartisanship and decorum.

If the electoral landslide they are possibly predicting happens, I think a lot of his orange shine will wear off.  Among women especially.  I agree they can’t charge him with something like treason bc a lot of whites would go apeshit, but his family empire will be dismantled eventually.

I would like nothing else to see Trump and his merry grifters perpwalked into courts, but we don't live in a movie where the bad guys get their punishment in the end. They just move on to other lucrative endeavors and continue to be shitstains.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 5:24 AM, Squee said:

If this had been a country in the Middle East WITH OIL the US would have destroyed it. 

Fixed that for you.

On the flipside the has US perpetually funded and backed dozens of countries doing shit like this. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, timbre monke said:

How the fuck is that even legal?? This is full-on Gestapo shit.

Too bad we still have to wait three and a half months to vote out the orange puke stain. I reckon he's getting desperate if he's willing to take such measures. But still, these DHS shenanigans are a blatant infringement on state sovereignty. And it's sickening how many of these right-wing bootlickers there are in the comments of local news outlet YouTube channels.

I remember asking a coworker - probably a year ago or so - what he thought about gun nuts who have both "don't tread on me" and "back the blue" stickers on their car. He said he didn't get either (he's more of a apolitical libertarian type) but said from what he's gleaned off the gun forums / FB groups he browses they feel like if shit hit the fan they'd ally with the "good cops" against the oppressive feds / nWo / vage "big government" boogeyman, etc. I told I hate to be cynical and blunt but my deduction is they want to appease the cops so they could get a free pass to shot at leftists, immigrants, and black people when shit hits the fan. He said goddamn! and laughed it off in sense of shock at the idea but he didn't disagree. I hate that we're getting closer and closer to this being a widespread reality. 

• Like 1

The deification of the founders and the constitution being regarded as something infallible doesn't help in pushing through fundamental changes. And having an entrenched two-party system that is a basically its own class beholden to the whims of their donors doesn't allow for real grass-roots action to influence policy significantly. And the fourth estate is as useless as ever. Access privilege is more important than calling out the BS from the politicians.

There's so many things wrong with the US it's difficult to even know where one would start to fix things. 

• Like 2

The Native Americans were wiped out by technologically advanced and morally rotten thieves and whores that came from Europe. Modern Americans are still the same pack, only that today most have become total pussies. The US is the degenerated bastard child of the British Empire.

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

Americans stopped progressing 100 years or so ago. It's unforgivable that they refuse to advance even though they have all the available ressources to do so.

Ehh, I'd have to put it some time in the 60s or 70s. The space race was pretty dumb but it gave us ARPANET. XPARC did some amazing shit too. Reagan was definitely the beginning of the end.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Reagan was definitely the beginning of the end.

The majority of presidents before him accepted race segregation by the way. So it started long before him. It started when they started to commit genocides against the Native Americans.

Edited by dingformung

7 hours ago, azatoth said:

i wouldn't be surprised if he pushes for some investigations to silently run in the background but puts a "we have more pressing priorities" face on his administration. i think the investigations into trump businesses by the SDNY will keep rolling regardless of who is the president. 

if trump loses... i wonder where he'll live? probably florida.. mara lago.. would be my guess. it's gated, full of rich assholes just like him and Florida is the kind of place where scammers grifters and swindlers can feel safe. NY hates him and i don't think he'd get much peace there. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a prolonged stay in russia or something while a new hotel gets built... 

it'll be interesting.. it'd be nice if something happens quickly and he and his cronies get fined or banned from doing business in certain places or who knows what... whatever sticks.. quickly would be nice though.. because we need to move on from this shit stain and his fucking cloud of dusty dogshit.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dingformung said:

The majority of presidents before him accepted race segregation by the way. So it started long before him. It started when they started to commit genocides against the Native Americans.

I dunno, I mean, Europeans still colonized and enslaved a shit ton of people and still went back home to Europe. America the continent was always seen as a vast resource just begging to be exploited, and the whole world never stopped looking at it that way.

There were periods of unprecedented prosperity and opportunity, but we’re not in that cycle now. Europe looks more enlightened today, but other decades have been less than ideal, especially certain parts. No one talks about the break up of Yugoslavia much, which has some parallels to America’s highly atomized society today with identity politics and all that great stuff. We’re not that bad yet. Ebbs and flows innit.  

35 minutes ago, Candiru said:

I dunno, I mean, Europeans still colonized and enslaved a shit ton of people and still went back home to Europe. America the continent was always seen as a vast resource just begging to be exploited, and the whole world never stopped looking at it that way.

There were periods of unprecedented prosperity and opportunity, but we’re not in that cycle now. Europe looks more enlightened today, but other decades have been less than ideal, especially certain parts. No one talks about the break up of Yugoslavia much, which has some parallels to America’s highly atomized society today with identity politics and all that great stuff. We’re not that bad yet. Ebbs and flows innit.  

I'm not an apologist of Europe either. Even if today the more modern parts of Europe might seem like they are more progressive than the US they are mostly led by corrupt centrist parties. Ursula von der Leyen is one example of a corrupt politician that seems to be immune to the state of law. She plagiarized half of her academic thesis and probably had the second half ghost written, she illegally gave huge amounts of tax money to McKinsey so that in turn they hire her children and somehow all evidence was deleted from her phone while it was in the possession of law enforcement that investigated her. And somehow now she is president of the EU commission. Interestingly that part was deleted from her Wikipedia page. Schäuble, who was bribed by arms dealers, which isn't a secret at all, is now president of the biggest economy force of Europe. There are many examples of corruption of the state of law in Europe. There was a child molester ring in Germany and all the evidence magically disappeared while it was in the possession of the police. Meanwhile the Berlin child protection services systematically gave children to known child molesters because a pedophile apologist professor was somehow in charge of it. Europe, even though it might be more progressive than the US in some aspects, is as rotten as the US. Maybe it started when the Romans Christianised the other European ethnicities and forced their monotheistic religion upon them. Maybe it's human nature and started from the beginning the human race was born. Who knows. Sorry for confused angry rant

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 1

Let's not forget that Russia, Belarus, Poland, Hungary, etc also belong to Europe and there are places like southern Italy where the mafia is still behind lots of basic functions of society. So yeah, there's a quite a bit of corruption and general shittiness in Europe.

US is diverse but it's no way as diverse as Europe. And it doesn't have this very long and complicated ethnical and religious history that goes back to bronze age or somewhere. The Balkans and Yugoslavia are a kind of example of this kind of long history affecting the present. You need to go back 2300 years to Alexander the Great to understand the relationship between Greece and the country that is now known as North Macedonia and why there was such a huge fight over the name of Macedonia which was even blocking it's entrance to EU. And why the city center of Skopje now looks like some weird statue park.

• Like 5