Rubin Farr

How does the World view America these days?

11 hours ago, dingformung said:

Thanks for the friendly invitation. Don't be too surprised if I actually accept it at some point, lol

2-Table1-1.thumb.png.4cc04370d1dc7316730919b418ca6ac8.png

... etc., dad humour, but I'm sure that has some merit and can be retranslated the other way around.

Oh, if only someone had handed Joyrex this before he listened to Drukqs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1

Joyrex has the same level of understanding of British as the Dutch? What a backhanded compliment! ;D

kinda funny how that one infamous comment still gets referenced here almost 20 years later. not saying it shouldn't, just interesting how those 2 words "quite good" are so ingrained in this website's lore. I wasn't here at the time to hear it told as the event unfolded, only heard numerous variations of it told over the years. it's like some old wives tale that gets passed down from generation to generation. 

The impact of that comment will have an impact that will be felt by generations to come. The history between RDJ and Joyrex basically has a before and after "quite good". Although the kickstart-event should not be ignored, the "quite good" event is the WATMM-equivalent to the big meteorite that ended the dinosaurs period. 😜

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 3

In order to make big changes you have to throw everything out and start from scratch. That would put maybe 50 to 60 million people out of work. There is a lot of blood money , too, Like Lockheed.  Being a huge wealthy nation you have a lot of baggage and vested interests.  The thing most Europeans and Aussies notice is America feels like a mix of first and third world country. Our infrastructure is horrible. Airports are run down. And the homeless situation is horrible. All these things are part of the vested interests, I mentioned. Oh and our desserts are too sweet.

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2020 at 5:52 PM, chenGOD said:

Your own media landscape is owned by a select few groups (Bertelsmann and Springer?), so that’s not a unique thing to criticize America about.

That's true and I hate them both with passion. Rupert Murdoch tried to buy Springer and I'm glad he has failed because it would have pushed it even further to the right. Springer is the reason people here keep voting Merkel's party (Christian Democrats). The thing is that German companies don't have CEOs, instead they have a Vorstand and an Aufsichtsrat, the latter of which has workers union members in it and in that way there is more workplace democracy than in the Anglo-Saxon countries, including the US and Canada. Therefore it's more difficult for a single person or media owner to set an agenda for the news output and impede the press freedom of journalists working there. Also, we have public funding for public service broadcasting unlike in the US where PBS is dependant on donations. It's still a suboptimal media landscape here and I tend to watch the Federal Press Conference without journalistic editing in its entirety, when I find the time and gusto, and also make resource of alternative media that doesn't belong to one of the big umbrella companies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_of_directors#Two-tier_system

Edit: That being said, workers unions are pretty spineless here and the system doesn't work as well as it should. Have a look at Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway instead, where everything seems to work a bit better

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 1

anyone have an idea of what "some patriot sh*t" is?

15 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

red shite & poo?

• Burger 1

42 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

had to look her up. what laugh that was. her about page on her website is hilarious. her IMDB even more funny. Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance - is an example of her work as a "hollywood elite". I guess she shows her fake boobs a lot or something. not that there's anything wrong w/that but it's funny she characterized herself as a hollywood elite who 'opted out' of california's "insane taxes and unconstitutional gun laws".

she ran for congress and came in 3rd in the primary a while back. the replies to that tweet are just as insane as you'd guess. 

21 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Isn’t that where you take a shit while singing the national anthem?

6 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Isn’t that where you take a shit while singing the national anthem?

i think it's when you eat a wasp nest. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i think it's when you eat a wasp nest. 

Yeah I saw that on reddit dude is fucking way out there. 

• Like 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Facepalm 2

My experience from playing Far Cry 5 is becoming far more relevant than I had ever imagined.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

jsfl7pqjxae51.png?width=515&auto=webp&s=

15 hours ago, Braintree said:

My experience from playing Far Cry 5 is becoming far more relevant than I had ever imagined.

I lived in Montana once, but that was during most of George H. W. Bush's presidency. But that was well before it was crawling with yee-yee mujahideen.

• Sad 1

On 7/31/2020 at 8:55 AM, whosebrian said:

There is no reason to be a US apologist at this point. 

At around 3:33 he pleads to Jesus to give him patience and then says he's not a sheep. But if he's part of a church then he's in a flock. A flock of sheep. That's literally what they call it in church.

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this one.

• Like 3

utj1wod0wee51.jpg

jfc that pastor loves fishsticks. 

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

Again, this why white supremacist shit-stains need to be expunged from any and all positions of authority.

• Like 2

Just now, timbre monke said:

Again, this why white supremacist shit-stains need to be expunged from any and all positions of authority.

totally. also, i'd say the culture of large police forces is totally fucked up and full of under developed frontal lobes. i'd say plenty of cops are being taught to bring this kind of sport into the daily work of being a cop. competitive abuse and oppression. essentially dehumanizing those who are outside the embrace of the police force... and of course 40% of police wives or is it 60%.. i can't recall. 

• Like 1