Rubin Farr

How does the World view America these days?

ue3t2fcapce51.jpg

• Haha 2

^ that's what the Republicans are promising ^

The reality is that it will turn out to be half a set of headphones, a 1oz Binaca style bottle for hand sanitizer, a vest that looks like Kevlar but it's only a decal they put over a sweater, and a mask that fits over your mouth or your nose, but not both at the same time. Oh you'll still have stationary stuff but it's all left handed.

The phone will be a Nokia.

• Like 1

Even though the rate of Karen/Kevin nonsense is going through the roof in the US right now, my one remaining hope is that the more it happens in public the more likely onlookers will make the correct association that these people are complete idiots, that their actions are unacceptable and that those idiots are exactly who Trump is targeting with his message. 

FYI, I had to choose between this thread, the Trump thread, and the Florida thread (I could have possibly even chosen the coronavirus thread)... but this kind of thing just screams how our country is a real shit stain right now. :facepalm:

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Burger 1

Just now, ignatius said:

I haven't been to PA since the mid-90s, but I hear that it's basically Pittsburgh and Philly with Alabama in between. And if the guy was Black the cops would have preemptively emptied their magazines into him.

• Like 1

We’ve had a run on cash at several of the bank ATMs in our neighborhood, today the line was crazy long, like there was a panic.

• Farnsworth 1

Posted (edited)

The truth about the face masks

https://v.redd.it/txzvdoju5ef51

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 7

On 8/1/2020 at 11:19 AM, dingformung said:

There is no reason to be a US apologist at this point. 

I'm sincerely embarrassed to be associated with this country at this point.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

we invented jazz.

Edited by very honest

7 minutes ago, very honest said:

US is justly demonized. we fuck up constantly but we accidentally do cool things sometimes. also Black people invented jazz.

fixt

(just doing it preemptively before chenGOD does)

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

^so you exclude black people from the "we"? racyst...

😉

• Burger 1

this is form May

7ddd52d99cc2ee0041cfc1972b564acb2e7ce158

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, xyrofen said:

I'm sincerely embarrassed to be associated with this country at this point.

6 hours ago, very honest said:

we invented jazz.

Exactly

7 hours ago, very honest said:

we invented jazz.

Cajun and Creole cuisine is nice. There is lots of good black/post-slave/post-segregation culture in the US. Let's not forget immigrant culture. Mexican food there is very good, good Chinese too. USA 💯

• Haha 1

we invented chili, too

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

The only things I miss about the US are biscuits and sausage gravy. You give the world McMing, but keep the good shit for yourselves. Very selfish behaviour.

5 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

The only things I miss about the US are biscuits and sausage gravy. You give the world McMing, but keep the good shit for yourselves. Very selfish behaviour.

I thought you liked our hoagies/subs/grinders too?

For what it's worth, chicken fried steak beats B&G every time for this American. 

2 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

If we're talking uniquely US, Cajun is where it's at. I'll take a gumbo, po' boy, jambalaya, and/or fried catfish any day. And I agree, it's about time we shared that love overseas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

For what it's worth, chicken fried steak beats B&G every time for this American. 

“Chicken fried steak”? That’s called a Schnitzel.

Jeez ...

(in all seriousness I ate very well when I visited the States - lots of creative cooking going on even if it’s all a bit heavy on meat and light on veggies)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

“Chicken fried steak”? That’s called a Schnitzel.

lol yup basically. Just thinking of standard American breakfasts. I like real Schnitzel (pounded flat, with pepper, with kraut, no silly gravy) better than CFS.

Americans are going to copy the Eurovision Song Contest format https://variety.com/2020/music/news/eurovision-song-contest-american-song-contest-1234726887/

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I didn't know this shit was contagious. It's the worst cultural cancer Europe has developed since WW2.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

After viral videos and images of maskless revelers on Lower Broadway roiled Nashvillians for weeks, the Metro Nashville Police Department vowed this week to enforce the city's mask mandate more strictly as the city continues to contend with the coronavirus pandemic. And on Wednesday night, police made their first arrest. The alleged offender? A 61-year-old Black man named Joseph Bryant, who is or was recently experiencing homelessness. 

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/pith-in-the-wind/article/21142583/nashvilles-first-maskmandate-arrest-a-black-man-whos-experienced-homelessness

Canadians fed up with ‘unwanted’ American border crossers who think the pandemic is a ‘farce’: report

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/canadians-fed-up-with-unwanted-american-border-crossers-who-think-the-is-a-farce-report/

Canadians are getting tired of seeing citizens from the disease-ridden United States illegally cross into their country.

In a dispatch for the New York Times, reporter Karen Schwartz, who has dual American and Canadian citizenship, describes how many Canadians are rushing to report “unwanted” American citizens they see sneaking into the Great White North to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Canadians are getting tired of seeing citizens from the disease-ridden United States illegally cross into their country.

In a dispatch for the New York Times, reporter Karen Schwartz, who has dual American and Canadian citizenship, describes how many Canadians are rushing to report “unwanted” American citizens they see sneaking into the Great White North to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

They should build a wall!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1