IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Think how much power a journalist has these days. They control hearts and minds.  Race is America's favorite subject.  I wish we could focus on making the country better. But it's always the gotcha game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I don't think I could think of anything ignorant enough to be successfully convincing.

Why are you so bent out of shape over this? All I said is the guy said that wasn’t his motive. 

17 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

widespread sinophobia in western society is getting worse as US CIA propaganda outlets try to manufacture consent for a cold war with China

if that's filtering into american idiots it's subconsciously.  seems like most of this uptick in anti-asian behavior and attitudes is happening as a result of 4 years of trump rhetoric.. especially since the pandemic started. is "kung-flu" and "chinese virus" bullshit has sent some people over the edge.. as he did w/his white supremacy/white nationalist parroting of talking points. 

saw a report yesterday about an asian woman who was spit at from a moving car as she walked down the sidewalk and the person yelled "CORONA VIRUS". like wtf. 

these are many types of racist assholes.. same type of people who attack Sikhs after 9/11

edit: because i skipped entire words when typing. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Why are you so bent out of shape over this? All I said is the guy said that wasn’t his motive. 

It is quite clear that the murderer's actions don't match his words. Also, your left-field inclusion of SJWs in the first sentence of your response shows there's some bias here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marf said:

Think how much power a journalist has these days. They control hearts and minds.  Race is America's favorite subject.  I wish we could focus on making the country better. But it's always the gotcha game. 

Yeah, ignore racism more, this will make America better. Goddamn journalists.

11 minutes ago, dingformung said:

lol

early abolitionists were radically against the mere transformation of the institutions of slavery from institutions defined by explicit slave-master relations into obfuscated relations between groups of slave masters and atomized slaves i.e. wage slavery or wage labor.  built directly into the US's constitutional abolition of slavery is a workaround which allows slavery for prisoners

The 13th amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

thus within the class contradictions of the US lies a kernel of racial politics rooted deeper in time than merely capitalism itself in the region, requiring the false victory of the US civil war and civil rights movement and the events between those to be critiqued as mere liberal concessions prefacing a bigger liberation of the people

Edited by cyanobacteria

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

It is quite clear that the murderer's actions don't match his words. Also, your left-field inclusion of SJWs in the first sentence of your response shows there's some bias here.

Your bias is that the murder’s actions don’t match his words. It’s fine to have that bias but don’t go putting words in my mouth that I can’t believe he’s a liar. If there is evidence that he is a white supremacist, like he’s a member of a bunch of WP FB groups or wrote screeds about the stuff I’ll believe it. Until then the only fact I’ve seen is his statement.

Still not sure why you had to take it to an ad hominem attack but whatever makes you happy.

6 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Your bias is that the murder’s actions don’t match his words. It’s fine to have that bias but don’t go putting words in my mouth that I can’t believe he’s a liar. If there is evidence that he is a white supremacist, like he’s a member of a bunch of WP FB groups or wrote screeds about the stuff I’ll believe it. Until then the only fact I’ve seen is his statement.

Still not sure why you had to take it to an ad hominem attack but whatever makes you happy.

Jesus hopping Christ. Does this dude have to sign and seal a letter saying he's racist for you to see he's racist?

That point aside, the police are leading the press here. He went to three massage parlors and 6/8 people killed were Asian women. The police's press conference sounded like PR for one of their own.

2 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Jesus hopping Christ. Does this dude have to sign and seal a letter saying he's racist for you to see he's racist?

It only matters what the jury thinks. If a racially motivated mass murder  carries a stiffer penalty than one that is not racially motivated that will be for the courts to decide which punishment he gets. That will depend on evidence.

1 minute ago, hijexx said:

It only matters what the jury thinks. If a racially motivated mass murder  carries a stiffer penalty than one that is not racially motivated that will be for the courts to decide which punishment he gets. That will depend on evidence.

We're not in court here and we're not discussing a court case since it doesn't exist yet. We're criticizing the police's response to the suspect.

Just now, Braintree said:

We're not in court here and we're not discussing a court case since it doesn't exist yet. We're criticizing the police's response to the suspect.

I think we’re just talking past each other at this point. Police response is terrible, I don’t see how you comeback from saying a mass murderer “had a bad day” then express zero empathy for the victims. As for shooter my opinion is I don’t know enough yet to jump to the conclusion that he is an evil racist who had premeditated a hate crime. The case is brand new and we will learn more. That’s about all I got, sorry I don’t see it exactly like you do bro.

1 minute ago, hijexx said:

That’s about all I got, sorry I don’t see it exactly like you do bro.

I get the feeling that we could both watch a dog take a shit in the kitchen and I would say "hey, there's some dog shit in the kitchen" and you would say "let's not jump to conclusions!"

• Haha 1

i dont personally care if mass murderers are accidentally charged with hate crimes instead of just normal mass murder. you could extend hate crime groups to sex workers and it would be the same anyway

23 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I get the feeling that we could both watch a dog take a shit in the kitchen and I would say "hey, there's some dog shit in the kitchen" and you would say "let's not jump to conclusions!"

I’ll let you have the last ad hominem dig, seems like that is what you enjoy. 

2 minutes ago, hijexx said:

I’ll let you have the last ad hominem dig, seems like that is what you enjoy. 

This is the third insult that you've given in this manner. Try to come up with some originals, please.

6 hours ago, Braintree said:

race/hate crime is a lot worse under the law than a "crime of passion.

But not worse than the 3 life sentences for murder he’s looking to serve...

Also, that path of “the cops should assume” is a very dangerous one. The police should investigate and report the facts, not what people (or the police for that matter) may want to hear. The representative from the Anti-Defamation League says it well in the second half of this article. Yes it’s not up to the suspect to decide, but that is the information the police had to that point, or at least the information they get comfortable releasing to the public. So they are reporting the facts as they knew them, at that time. If they just stopped there, obviously there would be a bigger issue.  

That said, the cops’ statement that “he had a bad day” is fucking ridiculous, and that comms person should be fired. 

I’d say the bigger racial issue is why so many Asian women are reduced to working in rub’n’tugs. Are we allowed to say that Asian organized crime is a huge issue? Cause make no mistake, a lot of those women who were working in those brothels were trafficked, and not by whitey. 

Just now, chenGOD said:

But not worse than the 3 life sentences for murder he’s looking to serve...

Also, that path of “the cops should assume” is a very dangerous one. The police should investigate and report the facts, not what people (or the police for that matter) may want to hear. The representative from the Anti-Defamation League says it well in the second half of this article. Yes it’s not up to the suspect to decide, but that is the information the police had to that point, or at least the information they get comfortable releasing to the public. So they are reporting the facts as they knew them, at that time. If they just stopped there, obviously there would be a bigger issue.  

That said, the cops’ statement that “he had a bad day” is fucking ridiculous, and that comms person should be fired. 

I’d say the bigger racial issue is why so many Asian women are reduced to working in rub’n’tugs. Are we allowed to say that Asian organized crime is a huge issue? Cause make no mistake, a lot of those women who were working in those brothels were trafficked, and not by whitey. 

My point was that they shouldn't have said anything!

They should have described the incident, like usual, instead of forming an argument like the one they did.

Just now, Braintree said:

My point was that they shouldn't have said anything!

They should have described the incident, like usual, instead of forming an argument like the one they did.

The reporter asked them, the cops described the incident based on the information they had up to that point. If they said nothing, people would complain about the lack of transparency. 

Just now, chenGOD said:

The reporter asked them, the cops described the incident based on the information they had up to that point. If they said nothing, people would complain about the lack of transparency. 

:rolleyes:

They shouldn't be framing this the way they did.

9 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

people will always complain. police should be used to it "we don't have information on that yet. investigation is ongoing. we don't want to speculate" etc etc..