Jump to content

How does the World view America these days?


Rubin Farr
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

So you think killing a bunch of Asian women is not indicative for this crime to be racially motivated but him having a fetish for Asian women is?

 

Yes and there’s no contradiction in the thought either. I’d say it’s more likely a hate crime based on the gender, the fact that the women were Asian is circumstantial. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

widespread sinophobia in western society is getting worse as US CIA propaganda outlets try to manufacture consent for a cold war with China

pretty much this. wattmers in 2003 must've been like "bro trust me there are definitely WMDs in iraq"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

I'm not sure if I would take an apologist angle here.

No apologist angle, simply stating what I believe may be the more likely component to any potential hate crime. The guy's a murderer, will spend a long time in prison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Braintree said:

This is the third insult that you've given in this manner. Try to come up with some originals, please.

I’m not trying to insult you or even debate you. We have a difference of opinion and you seem to have a really hard time accepting that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, milkface said:
16 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

widespread sinophobia in western society is getting worse as US CIA propaganda outlets try to manufacture consent for a cold war with China

pretty much this. wattmers in 2003 must've been like "bro trust me there are definitely WMDs in iraq"

Mmmm China, where you get to be detained for two years plus with no recourse to legal counsel, as part of China's international relations strategy.

Or where you get to be herded on trains blindfolded and shackled, with the military for...protection obviously. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-53463242

Or where posting this image on Chinese social media may land you in hot water:

_96969502_78b75efc_37fe_449f_944e_0fa308

And last but not least, where Crony Capitalism and wealth inequality is growing fast: https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessreview/2019/04/01/income-inequality-is-growing-fast-in-china-and-making-it-look-more-like-the-us/

But we already have the "how does the world view China?" thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, chenGOD said:

As well no one up in here talking bout how easy it was for the suspect to legally obtain a gun the day of. That’s more of an issue in my eyes, cause I’m a cracker, I guess.

come to Texas bro. we have these awesome gun shows here every fucking weekend, with line ups stretched out the door as far as the eye can see, where there's this crazy ass loophole where you don't even need a background check to buy a killer new firearm:

http://www.houstontx.gov/againstgunviolence/public/documents/86th-Session-Background-Checks-at-Gun-Shows.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, zero said:

come to Texas bro. we have these awesome gun shows here every fucking weekend, with line ups stretched out the door as far as the eye can see, where there's this crazy ass loophole where you don't even need a background check to buy a killer new firearm:

http://www.houstontx.gov/againstgunviolence/public/documents/86th-Session-Background-Checks-at-Gun-Shows.pdf

I'd love to go to Texas properly (only ever spent a day there cause American Airlines is terrible), but everyone was super nice.

I'd go to one of those gun shows just to see the freaks, and then probably get shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I'd go to one of those gun shows just to see the freaks, and then probably get shot.

just make sure you don't wear a mask, display a USA flag somewhere on your person, and ramble on with random strangers about the evils of foreigners, and you'll live to see another day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

But I'm a foreigner! I'm from socialist Canada!

good point, the locals will smell you coming from a mile away. as your local guide, I'd highly recommend you roll around in cow manure or possibly a dead animal carcass before heading to a gun show, in order to mask your canuckistan scent.

  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hijexx said:

I’m not trying to insult you or even debate you. We have a difference of opinion and you seem to have a really hard time accepting that.

You definitely did try to debate me.

16 hours ago, hijexx said:

Your bias is that the murder’s actions don’t match his words. It’s fine to have that bias but don’t go putting words in my mouth that I can’t believe he’s a liar. If there is evidence that he is a white supremacist, like he’s a member of a bunch of WP FB groups or wrote screeds about the stuff I’ll believe it. Until then the only fact I’ve seen is his statement.

Still not sure why you had to take it to an ad hominem attack but whatever makes you happy.

By the way, an ad hominem is an attack on your character, which I didn't do. I criticized your comment, because it was silly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

You definitely did try to debate me.

By the way, an ad hominem is an attack on your character, which I didn't do. I criticized your comment, because it was silly.

Ad hominem is attacking the person not the issue. When you said I’d look at a dog take a shit and I’d say “Now let’s wait for evidence” you are attacking me. That is an ad hominem. You saying “that dog took a shit” when a dog took a shit is a fact. I would not argue with a fact like that. Your opinion on the shooter’s motive is just an opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Ad hominem is attacking the person not the issue. When you said I’d look at a dog take a shit and I’d say “Now let’s wait for evidence” you are attacking me. That is an ad hominem. You saying “that dog took a shit” when a dog took a shit is a fact. I would not argue with a fact like that. Your opinion on the shooter’s motive is just an opinion.

Again, your character was not being attacked. Your words were. If you say something silly and then I say "you just said something silly," your character has not been attacked. The dog thing was there to illustrate how obvious this case is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Again, your character was not being attacked. Your words were. If you say something silly and then I say "you just said something silly," your character has not been attacked. The dog thing was there to illustrate how obvious this case is.

You are creating your own definition of what an ad hominem is lol, man you’re just trolling me at this point. Have at it.

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, hijexx said:

You are creating your own definition of what an ad hominem is lol, man you’re just trolling me at this point. Have at it.

with love, you guys should get a room or slide in to DMs for the pedantic portion of the thread

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, hijexx said:

You are creating your own definition of what an ad hominem is lol, man you’re just trolling me at this point. Have at it.

And my words were aimed straight at the argument. The one you forgot about so I had to remind us what we were arguing about.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.30.55 AM.png

/lastpost

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Mmmm China, where you get to be detained for two years plus with no recourse to legal counsel, as part of China's international relations strategy.

Or where you get to be herded on trains blindfolded and shackled, with the military for...protection obviously. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-53463242

Or where posting this image on Chinese social media may land you in hot water:

_96969502_78b75efc_37fe_449f_944e_0fa308

And last but not least, where Crony Capitalism and wealth inequality is growing fast: https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessreview/2019/04/01/income-inequality-is-growing-fast-in-china-and-making-it-look-more-like-the-us/

But we already have the "how does the world view China?" thread.

i dont think china cares about winnie the pooh this seems like a social media meme not reality

and i never said anything about china being perfect, just US being shit and trying to create a cold war with china

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

i dont think china cares about winnie the pooh

China doesn't care about winnie the pooh per se, it's the juxtaposition of pooh against Xi. You don't get banned for posting winnie the pooh, you get banned for posting that specific image, which is seen as a criticism of Xi.

The US might be shit, but honestly, it's a lot better than China.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

China doesn't care about winnie the pooh per se, it's the juxtaposition of pooh against Xi. You don't get banned for posting winnie the pooh, you get banned for posting that specific image, which is seen as a criticism of Xi.

The US might be shit, but honestly, it's a lot better than China.

i doubt you get banned for any of it i doubt they even know about this dumb reddit pooh meme

it's entirely possible living in the US is better than living in China for the typical person.  nobody disputes this.  but china doesn't drop bombs all over the world and overthrow socialist governments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.