IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

33 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

851.png

17 hours ago, ignatius said:

savy ny doc from 2005. i saw it whem it came out. it’s kind of funny in current context

about halfway through this...Lewis Lapham is great and plenty of the real people they're talking about are good to hear from but this whole framing device with the fictional characters and regular musical interludes is hella cheesy and wasting a lot of time. it serves its purpose and it's not bad, so far seems a good time capsule of the time period overall perhaps?

thanks for posting, don't think i'd ever heard of this

2 hours ago, auxien said:

about halfway through this...Lewis Lapham is great and plenty of the real people they're talking about are good to hear from but this whole framing device with the fictional characters and regular musical interludes is hella cheesy and wasting a lot of time. it serves its purpose and it's not bad, so far seems a good time capsule of the time period overall perhaps?

thanks for posting, don't think i'd ever heard of this

it is certainly dated. i saw it when it came out or close to then.. it feels way different watching now because so much has changed.. much has stayed the same too.. and yeah.. it's weird how it's put together.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

President Biden really going above & beyond here. Promised to stop building the wall & now he's set to declare the very concept of building stuff racist.

Ex0mOuJXEAooHar.png

I mean, in order to repair America's failing infrastructure, we'll need to put in some serious investments. So it's something that needs to get done regardless if he's going to look like FDR or not.

take the us military make them install people's dictatorship in regions of conflict where they overrode it take them home make them become the national and international infrastructure building corps rivaling china's belt and road infrastructure investments build roads trains and eliminate the need for cars as much as possible abolish all bourgeois dictatorships and institute a people's dictatorship using direct democracy put all the bourgeoisie in prison

13 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I mean, in order to repair America's failing infrastructure, we'll need to put in some serious investments. So it's something that needs to get done regardless if he's going to look like FDR or not.

just heard pete bootedgeedge on NPR talking about how much he supports the infrastructure plan. hopefully the dems don't identity politics themselves to death over something like an infrastructure plan.  the railroad parts of the bill look pretty amazing.revamped east/west rail lines/service.. from NY to LA etc.  i took a train from chicago to portland it was pretty good actually. a nice ride. my dad has taken rail all over east coast and parts of it are old as fuck when you go south. he described it as "real kidney busters" type of ride. 

regional rail service could be a big deal in every part of the country. 

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

just heard pete bootedgeedge on NPR talking about how much he supports the infrastructure plan. hopefully the dems don't identity politics themselves to death over something like an infrastructure plan.  the railroad parts of the bill look pretty amazing.revamped east/west rail lines/service.. from NY to LA etc.  i took a train from chicago to portland it was pretty good actually. a nice ride. my dad has taken rail all over east coast and parts of it are old as fuck when you go south. he described it as "real kidney busters" type of ride. 

regional rail service could be a big deal in every part of the country. 

I'm more concerned about bridges and highways since they have more people on them and are ripe for disaster, but a refurbished rail system would be nice. California has had plans for a high speed rail for a while now, but keeps getting stalled because of finances. It would be pretty sweet to take a 3 hour train to LA. It's a 6 or 7 hour drive as it is.

5 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I'm more concerned about bridges and highways since they have more people on them and are ripe for disaster, but a refurbished rail system would be nice. California has had plans for a high speed rail for a while now, but keeps getting stalled because of finances. It would be pretty sweet to take a 3 hour train to LA. It's a 6 or 7 hour drive as it is.

yeah.. i only mention the rail because a saw a thing about it. but yeah.. i mean.. bridges need a lot of attention.. there are thousands that need fixing/replacing. it's terrible and america needs to clean its room already. it's been neglected for so long other than the annual road projects bills that get federal funding. 

i did the san diego -> LA -> san diego drive numerous times. once picking up a big vintage trident console in a uhaul and driving it back took 6 hours. it's only worse now i'm sure.. same w/san diego metro area and all the surrounding suburbs. 

lol wasn't the "Make America Great Again" plan supposed to do all this? it's like nothing got accomplished in the past 4 years in this country. I wonder why.

• Burger 1

2 minutes ago, zero said:

lol wasn't the "Make America Great Again" plan supposed to do all this? it's like nothing got accomplished in the past 4 years in this country. I wonder why.

i think the trump admin had a couple "infrastructure week" events.. .but much like his amazing health plan that would replace the ACA it was all just fiction. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i think the trump admin had a couple "infrastructure week" events.. .but much like his amazing health plan that would replace the ACA it was all just fiction. 

you're far too kind calling it just fiction. I can't even think of the correct word(s) in the English language that even begin to define the sort of "plans" those idiots came up with. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

big T urges everyone to boycott baseball. done and done!

big surprise.. donald trump is still donald trump.