IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

2 minutes ago, eassae said:

Yeah, it's like in any profession. A lot of people are going to suck.

Chris Rock's relevant bit is at 2:44, gets to the point about 4:30.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, eassae said:

Yeah, it's like in any profession. A lot of people are going to suck.

I just don't agree that the entire system of policing "causes a lot of harm." Yes it has harmful aspects.

I thought I was using data? That's what got me in hot water in the first place.

nobody really cares whether you agree that it causes a lot of harm.  the people it's causing harm to agree that it's causing a lot of harm, and they're pushing back.  hopefully they will continue doing it more and more

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eassae said:

I agree, but I think it's an impossibility, but we can do better.

what is an impossibility? having the vast majority of cops be good, well-trained, specialized people, much like a pilot, a surgeon, an architect, whatever? and that they're held accountable for mistakes in their profession, large and small? seems pretty fucking possible to me. that there are 'ZERO bad apples' is an impossibility, of course, there will be the rare pilot who crashes a plane full of passengers, a twisted murderous surgeon, etc...but they should be exceedingly rare, because the professions are so high-risk that they should be very full of oversight and restructured/reformed/reevaluated at every level so that mistakes are almost non-existent, and the other professions have this....the police forces in the US should be subject to this as well.

7 minutes ago, eassae said:

I think it would be really interesting to hang out with you when you're drunk.

wrong again, as a socially phobic and selectively mute autistic person you would likely not get a word out of me apart from "oh hey I have to go, see ya"

2 minutes ago, auxien said:

what is an impossibility? having the vast majority of cops be good, well-trained, specialized people, much like a pilot, a surgeon, an architect, whatever? and that they're held accountable for mistakes in their profession, large and small? seems pretty fucking possible to me. that there are 'ZERO bad apples' is an impossibility, of course, there will be the rare pilot who crashes a plane full of passengers, a twisted murderous surgeon, etc...but they should be exceedingly rare, because the professions are so high-risk that they should be very full of oversight and restructured/reformed/reevaluated at every level so that mistakes are almost non-existent, and the other professions have this....the police forces in the US should be subject to this as well.

i have an even better plan.  let's alleviate the problems that cause the requirement of policing entirely.  a good way to do this would be to start policing the white dominated financial and capitalist institutions.  i suspect youd find so much crime on a level so far beyond anything the typical prisoner has ever done that all of their leaders would be imprisoned

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

start policing the white dominated financial and capitalist institutions.  i suspect youd find so much crime on a level so far beyond anything the typical prisoner has ever done that all of their leaders would be imprisoned

imagine a cop putting someone in a chokehold not for a fake $20 but for literally defrauding the market of billions of dollars. lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1

6 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

imagine a cop putting someone in a chokehold not for a fake $20 but for literally defrauding the market of billions of dollars. lol

imagine bezos being forced to earn back the billions he stole from his employees at $15 an hour in an amazon warehouse created just for him

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

i have an even better plan.  let's alleviate the problems that cause the requirement of policing entirely.  a good way to do this would be to start policing the white dominated financial and capitalist institutions.  i suspect youd find so much crime on a level so far beyond anything the typical prisoner has ever done that all of their leaders would be imprisoned

you are very correct, agreed. trying not to let the conversation sway towards Defund/abolish tho. there's a conversation there but i think it's a good bit past what's got easssae all twisted up.

14 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

• Haha 3
  • Burger 1

9 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

I propose an official "Going Underpaid and Laboring for A Greener future" policy for billionaires or G.U.L.A.G. for short

billionaires shouldn't exist, period.

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

been a while since i watched this one, good shit lol

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, eassae said:

I just don't agree that the entire system of policing "causes a lot of harm." Yes it has harmful aspects.

I thought I was using data? That's what got me in hot water in the first place.

I'm not sure why you used that chart since it supports our argument that Black Americans are killed at a higher rate than other groups. It says just that in the article you linked.

The policing problem is intersectional with poverty. The poverty to prison pipeline is very real: https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/es_20180314_looneyincarceration_final.pdf

Black Americans are killed by police at a higher rate, incarcerated at a higher rate, and arrested at a higher rate, even when they haven't committed any crimes. Even the NY Post (which would work better as kindling than a newspaper) reported that: https://nypost.com/2020/06/11/black-people-arrested-five-times-more-than-white-in-2018-report/

There are plenty of broken window policies/policing that have been doing this for decades. Nixon's war on drugs, Biden's 90s crime bill, etc.

Even one of Nixon's former advisors, John Ehrlichman said this:

“You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities,” Ehrlichman said. “We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

So this isn't just a few bad apples. There is a decades long pattern that shows that the entire system is skewed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

wrong again, as a socially phobic and selectively mute autistic person you would likely not get a word out of me apart from "oh hey I have to go, see ya"

here's the solution - wear a costume when you go out drinking. no one will know it's you, no socially awkward eye contact avoidance, not much talking required.

just like this dude:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

That would be a poetic justice long overdue. Many US presidents and their lackeys as well. CIA directors and section leaders. Turncoat politicians. Think tank lobbyists. Bankers, IMFers and the rest of the bilderberg lot. Just throw them into work camps. Let them dig gutters with a shovel and a pick, live in tents and receive rationed baren food for the rest of their lives.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

That would be a poetic justice long overdue. Many US presidents and their lackeys as well. CIA directors and section leaders. Turncoat politicians. Think tank lobbyists. Bankers, IMFers and the rest of the bilderberg lot. Just throw them into work camps. Let them dig gutters with a shovel and a pick, live in tents and receive rationed baren food for the rest of their lives.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, auxien said:

having the vast majority of cops be good, well-trained, specialized people

Like Chris Rock said - you gotta pay them more, and then you gotta pay for more training.

Flol, big spender!

Who buys a tiny piece of wood and a plastic bag? Ben Shapiro.

Edited by Silent Member