Jump to content

How does the World view America these days?


Recommended Posts

Besides people getting shot, the media surrounding these shootings is hugely disturbing. They seem to intentionally be pitting us against each other with an issue that is probably not even a factor in most of the cases. I acknowledge that race could be a factor in some cases, but it can't statistically be the dominant reason.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States from 2017 to 2021, by race:

784106800_ScreenShot2021-04-22at1_15_27PM.thumb.png.77e2ef4084745fe61d9ae48ad5cfe2e7.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey just gonna drop in here because it’s getting tense and I know we all know capitalist whizz-boy Bill Gates is getting a divorce.   I wanted to let everyone know I am going to continue to get

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, eassae said:

Besides people getting shot, the media surrounding these shootings is hugely disturbing. They seem to intentionally be pitting us against each other with an issue that is probably not even a factor in most of the cases. I acknowledge that race could be a factor in some cases, but it can't statistically be the dominant reason.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States from 2017 to 2021, by race:

784106800_ScreenShot2021-04-22at1_15_27PM.thumb.png.77e2ef4084745fe61d9ae48ad5cfe2e7.png

bro come on

98BD87FB-E195-43BF-BA8E-26DED7A82ED1.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

bro come on

98BD87FB-E195-43BF-BA8E-26DED7A82ED1.jpeg

That in no way indicates that race is a factor. It does mean it's something to investigate. Other things to investigate would be if the rates of resisting arrest have gone up because of heightened tension caused by media. Also you have to look at the crime rate statistics especially for violent crime. I know more officers than I can count on both hands, most of them are black men. This is anecdotal obviously, but you'd also have to look at the race of the officer involved in each incident.

  • Facepalm 2
  • Burger 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, eassae said:

Besides people getting shot, the media surrounding these shootings is hugely disturbing. They seem to intentionally be pitting us against each other with an issue that is probably not even a factor in most of the cases. I acknowledge that race could be a factor in some cases, but it can't statistically be the dominant reason.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States from 2017 to 2021, by race:

784106800_ScreenShot2021-04-22at1_15_27PM.thumb.png.77e2ef4084745fe61d9ae48ad5cfe2e7.png

these are pure numbers, not as by a percentage of the population. white persons outnumber black persons by like 9:1 or 10:1 ratio or something, and yet black people are about half the total numbers of whites there (excluding the 'unknown' demographic). 

edit: yes, the media is shit. they do not help. they've probably actively contributed to 'mass shootings' over the last couple decades, and the media/public depictions of race need to be discussed. but starting off a discussion with a post like this is not good.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eassae said:

That in no way indicates that race is a factor. It does mean it's something to investigate. Other things to investigate would be if the rates of resisting arrest have gone up because of heightened tension caused by media. Also you have to look at the crime rate statistics especially for violent crime. I know more officers than I can count on both hands, most of them are black men. This is anecdotal obviously, but you'd also have to look at the race of the officer involved in each incident.

bro you need to dust off your james baldwin if you think that black officers cannot enforce racist policing. you are decades behind conventional wisdom here.

good to see we're back at the Early Zeffolia style of discussing complex social topics by just figuring out which numbers are higher. rape? well actually the real issue is men as victims bc if you account for prison rape that's the highest number. the SJW media has poisoned us to think there is a serious issue of violent misogyny in our society.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, auxien said:

these are pure numbers, not as by a percentage of the population. white persons outnumber black persons by like 9:1 or 10:1 ratio or something, and yet black people are about half the total numbers of whites there (excluding the 'unknown' demographic). 

Black people are around 13% of the entire population and commit about 40% of violent crime.

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eassae said:

Black people are around 13% of the entire population and commit about 40% of violent crime.

o o f

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eassae said:

Black people are around 13% of the entire population and commit about 40% of violent crime.

dude what the fuck

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

 

good to see we're back at the Early Zeffolia style of discussing complex social topics by just figuring out which numbers are higher. rape? well actually the real issue is men as victims bc if you account for prison rape that's the highest number. the SJW media has poisoned us to think there is a serious issue of violent misogyny in our society.

Yeah, it's better to let the geniuses at CNN do it.

1 minute ago, Alcofribas said:

dude what the fuck

So is looking at data not permitted?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eassae said:

So is looking at data not permitted?

pure data only tells part of the story, obviously.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's obviously a complex issue with complex causes that reach back many years. The connection to race being a factor in most police shootings seems pretty tenuous at best. Yes racism exists, but I don't want the media telling me I should be suspicious of my friends and that my friends should be suspicious of me because they want higher ratings.

3 minutes ago, auxien said:

pure data only tells part of the story, obviously.

Of course, but it's a factor, and one that's being largely ignored.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing that's worrisome is that even discussing this stuff has become so taboo. I was hesitant to post the stats for obvious reason which immediately manifested. How can we expect to actually figure this shit out, one if were divided, two if we can't even look at all the variables with out a homer simpson receding into the bushes meme. 

2 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

can we not

Really?

giphy.gif.45b7bc8aac926bbcf0f4f4f4ea8ec3a9.gif

Edited by eassae
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eassae said:

The other thing that's worrisome is that even discussing this stuff has become so taboo. I was hesitant to post the stats for obvious reason which immediately manifested. How can we expect to actually figure this shit out, one if were divided, two if we can't even look at all the variables with out a homer simpson receding into the bushes meme. 

it's not taboo. there is nothing you are "not permitted" to do. you just don't like it when you say completely ignorant shit and people push back at you. you're not "figuring" anything out you're just posting little snippets of completely context-less "data" and making personal anecdotes about how some of your best friends are black (cops). 

the problem is not what you're saying is taboo, it's that it's been so thoroughly examined already but you somehow think you're coming to this topic like some kind of pioneer who's just looking at the facts, crunching the numbers, seeing some inconvenient truths. it's lame internet boy bullshit, sorry. read a book bruv

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alcofribas said:

it's not taboo. there is nothing you are "not permitted" to do. you just don't like it when you say completely ignorant shit and people push back at you. you're not "figuring" anything out you're just posting little snippets of completely context-less "data" and making personal anecdotes about how some of your best friends are black (cops). 

the problem is not what you're saying is taboo, it's that it's been so thoroughly examined already but you somehow think you're coming to this topic like some kind of pioneer who's just looking at the facts, crunching the numbers, seeing some inconvenient truths. it's lame internet boy bullshit, sorry. read a book bruv

I'm sorry what are you offering besides insults?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eassae said:

The other thing that's worrisome is that even discussing this stuff has become so taboo. I was hesitant to post the stats for obvious reason which immediately manifested. How can we expect to actually figure this shit out, one if were divided, two if we can't even look at all the variables with out a homer simpson receding into the bushes meme. 

let's discuss it then.  i wonder why violence could be correlated to race when looking at raw numbers.  i wonder if there are many factors that contribute to this type of violent behaviors.  maybe crimes commited by black people are caught more often because of overpolicing, probably caused by systemic poverty and white supremacy. i wonder if its other variables correlated with race such as socioeconomic class, material conditions during childhood development, environmental contaminants and lead poisoning from cheap paint, improper nutrient levels, and all of the other factors associated with poverty can affect violent behavior.  hmm i wonder if a lack of economic opportunity paired with the requirement to have money to survive creates a culture of alternative methods to get money, which internalizes the violence that rules-based capitalism externalizes, allowing individual responsibility for the violence of their businesses that the CIA typically harnesses and funds terrorist groups for for US companies.  this is just off the top of my head and since im literally mentally disfigured it shouldnt be hard for smarter people to come up with others, so at least use your brain a little bit before saying "black people bad because of this numnber"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

let's discuss it then.  i wonder why violence could be correlated to race when looking at raw numbers.  i wonder if there are many factors that contribute to this type of violent behaviors.  maybe crimes commited by black people are caught more often because of overpolicing, probably caused by systemic poverty and white supremacy. i wonder if its other variables correlated with race such as socioeconomic class, material conditions during childhood development, environmental contaminants and lead poisoning from cheap paint, improper nutrient levels, and all of the other factors associated with poverty can affect violent behavior.  hmm i wonder if a lack of economic opportunity paired with the requirement to have money to survive creates a culture of alternative methods to get money, which internalizes the violence that rules-based capitalism externalizes, allowing individual responsibility for the violence of their businesses that the CIA typically harnesses and funds terrorist groups for for US companies.  this is just off the top of my head and since im literally mentally disfigured it shouldnt be hard for smarter people to come up with others, so at least use your brain a little bit before saying "black people bad because of this numnber"

These could all very well be factors. I'm not denying that. And I never said black people bad or even implied it. I'll write this off to our reactionary climate. But going around saying that Police are wholesale slaughtering black people is super irresponsible, and has damaging real world consequences.

Edited by eassae
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eassae said:

I'm sorry what are you offering besides insults?

i'm not interested in having a discussion about race with someone who posts cringey little ben shapiro level quips about "data" and cnn. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

it's not taboo. there is nothing you are "not permitted" to do. you just don't like it when you say completely ignorant shit and people push back at you. you're not "figuring" anything out you're just posting little snippets of completely context-less "data" and making personal anecdotes about how some of your best friends are black (cops). 

the problem is not what you're saying is taboo, it's that it's been so thoroughly examined already but you somehow think you're coming to this topic like some kind of pioneer who's just looking at the facts, crunching the numbers, seeing some inconvenient truths. it's lame internet boy bullshit, sorry. read a book bruv

quoted/bolded for h e l l a truth

16 minutes ago, eassae said:

It's obviously a complex issue with complex causes that reach back many years. The connection to race being a factor in most police shootings seems pretty tenuous at best. Yes racism exists, but I don't want the media telling me I should be suspicious of my friends and that my friends should be suspicious of me because they want higher ratings.

Of course, but it's a factor, and one that's being largely ignored.

idk that 'race is a factor in most police shootings' as there are dozens that happen regularly that never get any attention. 

the facts around/preceding/causing the data are what you're seemingly ignoring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alcofribas said:

i'm not interested in having a discussion about race with someone who posts cringey little ben shapiro level quips about "data" and cnn. 

Okay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, auxien said:

the facts around/preceding/causing the data are what you're seemingly ignoring.

I never claimed to be presenting the entire picture of what's taking place. My point was that I feel the media is being very irresponsible and is exacerbating issues that are dividing people further.

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By sweepstakes
      Not sure how I feel about this one. There seems to be a certain satisfaction to this movie but it also makes me uneasy.
       
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1-NRmuXTls
×
×
  • Create New...