IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

jesus & guns go together?

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

CF7581E1-FB9A-4C34-A3B8-831DF4EC9D86.png

poll conducted among 652 GOP voters. euh...i wouldn't put much weight on these numbers. They may be representative of gop-voters in general. Not arguing against that. But it could also be a complete misrepresentation. The -/+4% margin of error means bollocks as far as I'm concerned. That means as much is my next disclaimer:

this post represents my opinion with a margin of error of +/- 4%

• Farnsworth 1

6 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

poll conducted among 652 GOP voters. euh...i wouldn't put much weight on these numbers. They may be representative of gop-voters in general. Not arguing against that. But it could also be a complete misrepresentation. The -/+4% margin of error means bollocks as far as I'm concerned. That means as much is my next disclaimer:

this post represents my opinion with a margin of error of +/- 4%

The article tried to paint it as “Matt Gaetz is even more popular than Liz Cheney” yet he’s 2nd from the bottom, lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

kinda want to live in the autonomous rural american breakaway state tbh

they want their own politically gerrymandered state of conservatives.  the rural people think somehow they're held captive by liberals even though they have their own representatives etc. 

some people would carve up the country by red vs blue districts. seems a bit.. idk.. crazy. 

there are plenty of big wide open low population density places in america where you can avoid human beings or whatever the goal is. 

these people are coocoo. 

• Like 1

have had a wavering intermittent tinnitus more than usual the last few days so mixing the track i'm working on is a challenge. better keep it light on changes. 

but here's this:

Edited by ignatius

On 5/20/2021 at 9:46 PM, ignatius said:

they want their own politically gerrymandered state of conservatives.  the rural people think somehow they're held captive by liberals even though they have their own representatives etc. 

some people would carve up the country by red vs blue districts. seems a bit.. idk.. crazy. 

there are plenty of big wide open low population density places in america where you can avoid human beings or whatever the goal is. 

these people are coocoo. 

Sounds like civil war chatter.

America's headed that way unless y'all learn how to listen to points of view you don't agree with, rather than just slandering the speaker.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

America's headed that way unless y'all learn how to listen to points of view you don't agree with, rather than just slandering the speaker.

the internet has intensified the divide but generally yes that's been the trend really since the 90s when culture and religion got into it heavily. everything became a wedge issue. politics became a team sport and people support their team regardless if they even agree w/the party etc. 

people on the right often just want to own the libs. it's not about making good policy it's about making sure the dems lose. and of course people like mitch mcconnell holding up nominations of hundreds of federal judges during obama's presidency so then when trump was elected they all got thru.. but that's another story.. and yes.. personalities are involved along the way who have their own grievances and agendas but it's like all tailor made to bring us where we are. 

but yeah.. generally.. people being able to actually listen and discuss things and admit when the other side has a decent idea or when they got it wrong etc w/o making it personal.. but i mean.. the deck is stacked against us really.. the way the media is set up and so much power in the hands of a few media companies and the daily narratives and take downs of people and issues.. it's all fubar

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

doesnt work unless both sides have something reasonable to say that isnt completely fucking stupid

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thu Zaw said:

...starting with you

fuck immigrants lets build a wall black people dont deserve government handouts healthcare is a privilege you have to earn not a right the homeless need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps aid for natural disasters is just government handouts we don't need to care about climate change it's a hoax vaccines are a hoax

does any of this sound reasonable? i think you need to maybe know something about what youre talking about before you talk my frenchman.  ever been to the US?

1 minute ago, cyanobacteria said:

fuck immigrants lets build a wall black people dont deserve government handouts healthcare is a privilege you have to earn not a right the homeless need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps aid for natural disasters is just government handouts we don't need to care about climate change it's a hoax vaccines are a hoax

does any of this sound reasonable? i think you need to maybe know something about what youre talking about before you talk my frenchman.  ever been to the US?

I lived in TX for 3.5yrs and was in the US education system for 8yrs.

I'm not French.

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

9 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

i think generally.. people don't know how to talk to each other anymore from across the aisle. if you got half the conservatives in a room by themselves and had an honest conversation they probably would be more bipartisan but get twitter, the media and the party line involved and that's that. i think the right is batshit most of the time and has been for a long time but we're at a point now where the government doesn't really function and can't be effective.. and yeah.. i agree it's largely obstructionists on the right who are the problem. there are some who would work w/the left on some things.. but even on the left the different factions of the party are fighting w/each other. corporations and big money donors have a tight drip on things. i'm tired. hopefully young people will be more progressive and take over before everything is gerrymandered beyond recognition and underwater and on fire at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

I lived in TX for 3.5yrs and was in the US education system for 8yrs.

I'm not French.

that's not something a french person would say so i believe you and it's definitely something a person who spent time in texas would say.. so.. story checks out ?

• Haha 1

To clarify:

My mother is English

My father is Australian 

I hold nationality of both, but don't recognize myself as either.

I was born in the UK. At age:

18 months: my family moved to Netherlands (3.5yrs)

Age 5: My family moved to TX (3.5yrs) - local elementary schools

Age 8: My family moved to Myanmar (1yr) - American International School

Age 9: My family moved to Pakistan (2yrs) - American International School

Age 12: My family moved to UK - British Schools

I did not so much as visit UK between age 1-12. I didn't not grow up around British family or culture. I visited Aus a handful of times whilst living in Asia, but I've never lived there.  Instead my friends, teachers, community have been and are from every corner of the planet. I moved to France last year. 

I have no national or cultural identity. Countries and nationalities are a "social construct" (for want of a better term), and they're certainly not static in their cultural identity or existence.

My view of the world comes from having no allegiance to any country, nationality, religion, political viewpoint, and it's not hindered by cultural bias or ignorance of life outside of my legal nationality. I'm culture-less. I've spoken with an English accent and an American accent at various points of my life. 

I have experienced the complexity and nuance of cultures, and know not to paint all people of any nationality, religion, political standpoint with a single brush.

It's because of my variety of experience and lack of cultural identity that I can more objectively analyse cultures that don't match my legal status. I treat people as individuals with life experience different to my own and other people in my life.

I'm more forgiving of viewpoints that might not be acceptable in other cultures I'm familiar with. I understand full well the effect that cultural indoctrination during childhood forms how people view and engage with the world around them, their identity and pack allegiance.

I see beyond culture and seek to connect with the humanity in people that we all share. That's the only way we can resolve conflict that arises as a result of cultural difference.  Compassion; even for those we disagree with. 

We need to find compassion for people whose lives have been different to our own, and understand how their experience has shaped how they understand the world around them. 

Then we can start to have a conversation. The first step comes with softening our own ego.

Edited by Thu Zaw
  • Like 5
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, Thu Zaw said:

I have no national or cultural identity. Countries and nationalities are a "social construct" (for want of a better term), and they're certainly not static in their cultural identity or existence.

And they only apply to settled peoples/tribes/nationally identified groups. Nomadic and multicultural people are not included in national/cultural identities. Nations and locations overlap, heritage is a narration, not a fact, it a rhizome...

What do you think about Germany/GermMans?   oops wrong thredd, even tho still relevant bcs apparently it was prussian-german military folks who helped the americans fight off the british and declare independence

Edited by dingformung

1 hour ago, Thu Zaw said:

To clarify:

My mother is English

My father is Australian 

I hold nationality of both, but don't recognize myself as either.

I was born in the UK. At age:

18 months: my family moved to Netherlands (3.5yrs)

Age 5: My family moved to TX (3.5yrs) - local elementary schools

Age 8: My family moved to Myanmar (1yr) - American International School

Age 9: My family moved to Pakistan (2yrs) - American International School

Age 12: My family moved to UK - British Schools

I did not so much as visit UK between age 1-12. I didn't not grow up around British family or culture. I visited Aus a handful of times whilst living in Asia, but I've never lived there.  Instead my friends, teachers, community have been and are from every corner of the planet. I moved to France last year. 

My view of the world comes from having no allegiance to any country, nationality, religion, political viewpoint, and it's not hindered by cultural bias or ignorance of life outside of my legal nationality. I'm culture-less. I've spoken with an English accent and an American accent at various points of my life. 

I have experienced the complexity and nuance of cultures, and know not to paint all people of any nationality, religion, political standpoint with a single brush.

It's because of my variety of experience and lack of cultural identity that I can more objectively analyse cultures that don't match my legal status. I treat people as individuals with life experience different to my own and other people in my life.

I'm more forgiving of viewpoints that might not be acceptable in other cultures I'm familiar with. I understand full well the effect that cultural indoctrination during childhood forms how people view and engage with the world around them, their identity and pack allegiance.

I see beyond culture and seek to connect with the humanity in people that we all share. That's the only way we can resolve conflict that arises as a result of cultural difference.  Compassion; even for those we disagree with. 

We need to find compassion for people whose lives have been different to our own, and understand how their experience has shaped how they understand the world around them. 

Then we can start to have a conversation. The first step comes with softening our own ego.

>you better start listening to people whose political goal and intent is literally to hurt you and others like you, or else there will be a civil war

no idea what your post has to do with such a claim, enlightened centrism garbage.  right wing americans are literally irredeemable ideologically, as are most liberals

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Burger 1