IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

In a surprise to no one, the mega-rich (ultra-rich? obscenely rich? super-duper rich?) use legal means to avoid taxes:

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-secret-irs-files-trove-of-never-before-seen-records-reveal-how-the-wealthiest-avoid-income-tax

It's long past time to think about new ways to improve the tax code - and it's not just a simple wealth tax. A tax on borrowing past certain amounts and for certain purposes, a wealth tax at the end of the year with clear definitions of what constitutes wealth, an increased corporate tax, and removing loopholes. That's just me thinking off the top of my head, so I'm sure people much smarter than me with some time can go after that money.

Since America can trace at least some of its origin to the opposition of paying taxes though, it may continue to be a tough slog.

• Like 1

housing crisis already pretty bad in so many places.. these fucks will really just make it worse.. should be laws against private equity own/speculating on housing.. 

• Like 1

my god man

dumb as a fucking rock

her response is funny tho, she's trying her best not to just bust straight out laughing, gets a little light chuckle in the 'i'll have to get back to you' lol

Edited by auxien
  • Big Brain 1

5 hours ago, chenGOD said:

In a surprise to no one, the mega-rich (ultra-rich? obscenely rich? super-duper rich?) use legal means to avoid taxes:

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-secret-irs-files-trove-of-never-before-seen-records-reveal-how-the-wealthiest-avoid-income-tax

It's long past time to think about new ways to improve the tax code - and it's not just a simple wealth tax. A tax on borrowing past certain amounts and for certain purposes, a wealth tax at the end of the year with clear definitions of what constitutes wealth, an increased corporate tax, and removing loopholes. That's just me thinking off the top of my head, so I'm sure people much smarter than me with some time can go after that money.

Since America can trace at least some of its origin to the opposition of paying taxes though, it may continue to be a tough slog.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

9 hours ago, auxien said:

my god man

dumb as a fucking rock

her response is funny tho, she's trying her best not to just bust straight out laughing, gets a little light chuckle in the 'i'll have to get back to you' lol

Texas.

11 hours ago, auxien said:

my god man

dumb as a fucking rock

oh, that's easy! just ask bruce

the consequences though.......

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 10:26 PM, Rubin Farr said:

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Is masturbating a flaw?

"An internal investigation" into a dude who accidentally masturbated on a Zoom call. Jesus fuck puritanical 'murica strikes again.

I do like how they went from talking about a dude stroking his unit straight to discussing guns.

Look at this shit: do we need an international conversation about chain-yankin, even if it's accidentally on cam?

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, auxien said:

my god man

dumb as a fucking rock

btw the arguments for moving the Earth/moon in the very, very, very long term do exist. i don't get the impression that Gohmert knows that tho, as it seems he just learned that the Earth revolves around the sun as much as he emphasizes it. 

12 minutes ago, auxien said:

btw the arguments for moving the Earth/moon in the very, very, very long term do exist. i don't get the impression that Gohmert knows that tho, as it seems he just learned that the Earth revolves around the sun as much as he emphasizes it. 

10 hours ago, auxien said:

chen, i'm not joking or being cute. stop.

Are you ever? 
Make me. But seriously, the dude jerked it on camera when he shouldn’t have. He doesn’t have a history of being a Weinstein, so seriously what’s the big issue?

• Facepalm 1

i never said there was a big issue. i didn't say a fucking thing because i don't care to chat about the topic. you said some shit that i thought was dumb, so i gave you a facepalm. if i'd wanted to explain why i gave the facepalm, i would've done so then. leave me the fuck alone chief

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, auxien said:

i never said there was a big issue. i didn't say a fucking thing because i don't care to chat about the topic. you said some shit that i thought was dumb, so i gave you a facepalm. if i'd wanted to explain why i gave the facepalm, i would've done so then. leave me the fuck alone chief

So there's no big issue, but you think what I said was wrong? Why even bother if you don't want to discuss?

• Facepalm 1