IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

3 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

There is no culture outside of american culture. VIVA LA MURIKA

america will shoot you if you say otherwise. we're number 1! we're number 1!

A politics defined by hatred of political opponents is a politics ripe for hateful illiberalism.

The new scholarship on comparative polarization is crucial in understanding this dynamic. In one sense, it offers a very depressing view: Given the current binary structure of American party politics, this conflict is mostly locked in. No level of social media regulation or media literacy or exhortation to civility is going to make much of a difference. But it also offers a kind of master key: If the structure of a party system is as crucial as these studies suggest it is, then the solution is obvious: The U.S. may want to change its voting system to become more proportional.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-two-party-system-is-wrecking-american-democracy/

• Like 3

Whenever I am trying to decide whether or not a particular movement, policy or person benefits Black America, I wait and see what white people think. While that might sound racist, there has never been a movement, policy or person that benefitted Black America who was simultaneously embraced by white America. In this country, a stance against the trauma-inducing brickbat of whiteness is perceived as a stance against America. And anyone who disagrees can feel free to prove me wrong. Name one person who fought for Black liberation who white people agreed with.

Don’t worry; I’ll wait.

But while I’m waiting, I came up with a list of Black movements, people and ideas who were called anti-white, communist, Marxist or Un-American simply for wanting Black people to exist.

The Complete List of Marxist, Un-American, Anti-White Things (According to White People) [The Root]

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, iococoi said:

Carrywhatyalike

“constitutional carry”

Texans can carry handguns without a license or training starting Sept. 1, after Gov. Greg Abbott on Wednesday signed the permitless carry bill into law.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB1927

it should be the "Leave your guns at home, Bill"

not this free for all

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

that whole thread is fuckt. america is fukt up. i wish i was Dr. Manhattan so i could vaporize/explode all these people.  or just get a good night's sleep a few times a week so i'm less bitchy. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

that whole thread is fuckt. america is fukt up. i wish i was Dr. Manhattan so i could vaporize/explode all these people.  or just get a good night's sleep a few times a week so i'm less bitchy. 

At that point, if the cops had the munitions to do it, they should have tear gassed the entire plaza. Even bears like that douche would run for cover.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

At that point, if the cops had the munitions to do it, they should have tear gassed the entire plaza. Even bears like that douche would run for cover.

they were so outnumbered that day i think they were all worried about escalating violence/retaliations. in hindsight they should've given the berkeley student treatment.. but they needed like a thousand more officers and national guard troops to control the situation in any real way. 

haziavz9l0671.png?width=920&auto=webp&s=

nvOTbnKxike4Lxuj1dHFoZcgaKp1sGESm0c6cyBu

It could have turned into this again, which I'm sure the police wanted to avoid publicity-wise, but it would have distracted a significant portion of the crowd away from the Capitol doors, allow the police to thin the crowds, and if the Oathkeepers kept on, the police could have focused on them, if they continued their approach. But when you are ordered to retreat or hold a line, you do it.

gas square.jpg

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

really good news, if they switched to real tuna it would deplete the population faster

I agree. Canned tuna is tragic and offensive on like 4+ different levels and this is the most important one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

They still can’t determine what the Hell is in a Subway “tuna” sandwich

https://www.businessinsider.com/subway-tuna-lawsuit-mystery-nyt-fish-2021-6

D43D4BF7-64C7-4F63-92B9-F8D1E5351ABA.jpeg

State of it. I went to Florida once for a holiday and bought some tuna to put in wraps. Honestly the worst tuna Ive ever seen. You would've been better off going hungry