How does the World view America these days?

5 hours ago, chenGOD said:

In a surprise to no one, the mega-rich (ultra-rich? obscenely rich? super-duper rich?) use legal means to avoid taxes:

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-secret-irs-files-trove-of-never-before-seen-records-reveal-how-the-wealthiest-avoid-income-tax

It's long past time to think about new ways to improve the tax code - and it's not just a simple wealth tax. A tax on borrowing past certain amounts and for certain purposes, a wealth tax at the end of the year with clear definitions of what constitutes wealth, an increased corporate tax, and removing loopholes. That's just me thinking off the top of my head, so I'm sure people much smarter than me with some time can go after that money.

Since America can trace at least some of its origin to the opposition of paying taxes though, it may continue to be a tough slog.

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey just gonna drop in here because it’s getting tense and I know we all know capitalist whizz-boy Bill Gates is getting a divorce.   I wanted to let everyone know I am going to continue to get

Posted Images

9 hours ago, auxien said:

my god man

dumb as a fucking rock

her response is funny tho, she's trying her best not to just bust straight out laughing, gets a little light chuckle in the 'i'll have to get back to you' lol

Texas.

11 hours ago, auxien said:

my god man

dumb as a fucking rock

her response is funny tho, she's trying her best not to just bust straight out laughing, gets a little light chuckle in the 'i'll have to get back to you' lol

oh, that's easy! just ask bruce

the consequences though.......

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

On the contrary; the comments are a gift.

He had the balls to show his face on TV again, I mean, the face to show his balls

• Haha 1
On 6/10/2021 at 10:26 PM, Rubin Farr said:

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Is masturbating a flaw?

"An internal investigation" into a dude who accidentally masturbated on a Zoom call. Jesus fuck puritanical 'murica strikes again.

I do like how they went from talking about a dude stroking his unit straight to discussing guns.

Look at this shit: do we need an international conversation about chain-yankin, even if it's accidentally on cam?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
On 6/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, auxien said:

my god man

dumb as a fucking rock

btw the arguments for moving the Earth/moon in the very, very, very long term do exist. i don't get the impression that Gohmert knows that tho, as it seems he just learned that the Earth revolves around the sun as much as he emphasizes it. 

12 minutes ago, auxien said:

btw the arguments for moving the Earth/moon in the very, very, very long term do exist. i don't get the impression that Gohmert knows that tho, as it seems he just learned that the Earth revolves around the sun as much as he emphasizes it. 

Dear @auxien, thank you for your valuable feedback. I sincerely hope you never choke your lizard at an inopportune moment. 

• Facepalm 1