IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

16 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i was having a difficult time trying to pick a potential candidate to replace newson for california governor until i learned angelyne is running

Who is this woman and why does she make me want to commit crimes against humanity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Who is this woman and why does she make me want to commit crimes against humanity.

She’s a local “celebrity” in LA. Anyone who’s lived in LA for the past 20 years or so has either seen her driving her pink corvette or has seen the billboards she’s paid for that promote herself. As far as I know, she’s not an actor. I think she’s just REALLY hungry for attention. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

She’s a local “celebrity” in LA. Anyone who’s lived in LA for the past 20 years or so has either seen her driving her pink corvette or has seen the billboards she’s paid for that promote herself. As far as I know, she’s not an actor. I think she’s just REALLY hungry for attention. 

So she's famous for being famous?

9 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

she also had some classic music that nobody heard

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Must have been one of those “late night” videos on MTV ?

3 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

one of the most moving and stern warnings of all time it even moved the messenger to tears

i love the looks oof the women behind him.  a few times while he's speaking you see them perk up.. raise an eyebrow. 

these types of old people should go live in their retirement homes and play checkers or something. 

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

yeah but also

It also came as the Biden administration has been relying on the Taliban for security outside the airport.

Biden officials contended that it was the best way to keep Americans and Afghans safe and prevent a shooting war between Taliban fighters and the thousands of U.S. troops stationed at the airport.

so...nothing good going on here. the US is at least in part relying on the 'enemy' for security? 

An ISIS militant wearing a suicide vest was responsible for the first bombing, two U.S. officials and a person familiar with the matter told POLITICO, detonating around 5 p.m. local time just outside Abbey Gate. ISIS gunmen then opened fire on the crowd. Three sources said U.S. troops returned fire soon after. NATO troops were ordered to leave the airport gates immediately due to the threat of additional attacks

While the U.S. controls Hamid Karzai International Airport, the Biden administration has been coordinating with the Taliban on security measures outside the airport’s perimeter — a strategy that has proven complicated as Taliban fighters have reportedly been trying to prevent Afghans from fleeing the country. The Taliban has also not stood up effective counterterrorism measures to identify and prevent threats from groups like ISIS-K, which are sworn enemies of the Taliban.

from https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/26/explosion-rocks-kabul-airport-as-us-tries-to-evacuate-thousands-506937?cid=hptb_primary_0

sounds like an absolute hellish place to be right now. Biden's accepting 'full responsibility' so i'll give him credit there...but ultimately i just can't imagine this is far from the worst case scenario for exit. 

saw also reports that the US are just detonating/destroying some caches of weapons/ammo/etc. to keep the Taliban from getting it. my tax dollars at work.

For decades, “common sense” has been a convenient framing for conservative ideas, in contrast to the dangerous and alien notions favored by a liberal intellectual elite. The label hides a more complicated picture. While conservative intellectuals present their ideas as straightforward and natural, they hold onto the trappings of erudition—and maintain a specific canon—in their own counter-institutions. Higher education, they believe, should remain an exclusive undertaking.

[...]

In his recent book The Rise of Common-Sense Conservatism, historian Antti Lepistö provides some crucial backstory for how conservative intellectuals came to claim the mantle of popular opinion against an allegedly hostile intelligentsia. Starting in the 1970s, neoconservatives began to formulate arguments based on the authority of common sense. In the pages of publications like The Public Interest, writers like Irving Kristol and Gertrude Himmelfarb turned from social science to moral philosophy to celebrate the intuitions of the “common man” against the bureaucrats behind the social programs of the Great Society.

The Rise of the Elite Anti-Intellectual (Dissent Magazine)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cern said:

meanwhile-in-america.jpg

1602641302-5f865d967a692.jpg

i imagine the drone doing the terminator scan for civilian casualties after deploying its missiles. 

Edited by ignatius