IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

We've got a couple of those credit card cashback things in Norway, I never got into it, the whole concept seems a bit scammy.

Edited by Silent Member

3 hours ago, Silent Member said:

We've got a couple of those credit card cashback things in Norway, I never got into it, the whole concept seems a bit scammy.

As long as you pay it off every month, it's free money.  If you have to carry a balance, then stay away from them as they probably have higher interest rates.

A coworker of mine actually used one to buy $25,000 worth of gold coins from the gov't, then deposited the coins at his bank and used that to pay off the credit card, basically giving him $250 for free (1% reward).

7 hours ago, randomsummer said:

As long as you pay it off every month, it's free money.  If you have to carry a balance, then stay away from them as they probably have higher interest rates.

A coworker of mine actually used one to buy $25,000 worth of gold coins from the gov't, then deposited the coins at his bank and used that to pay off the credit card, basically giving him $250 for free (1% reward).

Yeah, but the ones over here mainly give you bonuses and discounts for using bottom tier web shops and stores, there's barely any incentive to use it if you don't shop at those places.

8 hours ago, randomsummer said:

Proof that the finance industry is an absolute sham.  In essence, this just exploited contractual agreements to transfer money from the merchant who sold the gold (the government) who was accepting the payment minus the fees that cover this 1% reward, to the purchaser who resold the gold without fees.  What a waste of resources, energy, time, and effort on everyone's part in this transaction.

It would have been faster and easier for the government to just transfer $250 to your friend's bank account, it would have been functionally the same and actually cheaper for the government since it would only include the 1% "rewards" not the additional fees, but this would never occur because it does not exist within the web of contractual agreements that condition behavior.

Capitalism truly must be transcended because this shit's pathetic

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli

On 8/29/2021 at 1:20 PM, cichlisuite said:

kfayt7ebzak71.jpg

*insert your fav meme response*

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Now there’s the Taliban ingenuity we all know and love. I’m waiting for them to start crashing their new jets.

As someone pointed out in the YouTube comments, it looks like a controlled taxi and there are other vids of it flying around at 100 feet. The Afghan-now Taliban Air Force pilot knows what they’re doing. We trained em! 

12 hours ago, Upset man said:

As someone pointed out in the YouTube comments, it looks like a controlled taxi and there are other vids of it flying around at 100 feet. The Afghan-now Taliban Air Force pilot knows what they’re doing. We trained em! 

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby says all helicopters, aircraft & vehicles abandoned at Kabul airport were disabled before leaving:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pentagon-taliban-fighters-abandoned-us-helicopters-095050149.html

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

??

I posted a picture of military equipment left behind(*) for Afghan army

You replied with Rubin's video post how Talibans can't operate the given equipment

Hence, I replied: "A deal is a deal"

Explanation: Their bad (Taliban's) if they can't operate the equipment, they should've opted for Training also, so: a deal is a deal, and now they just got a bunch of useless equipment

Smartass extra: the helicopter is probably just taxiing (it has wheels to do so)

lol

( * ) payed by US taxpayers to US government contractors

Edited by cichlisuite
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

this guy decided to hold up a black lives matter sign in the most racist town in america

video is extremely american and NSFL to foreigners

img.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&coordinate

i remember when this first got posted. so crazy. imagine living in that place? looks like they're mostly all on their way to diabeetus heart failure etc. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

this guy decided to hold up a black lives matter sign in the most racist town in america

video is extremely american and NSFL to foreigners

img.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&coordinate

You gotta make it all the way to the end. But yeah scared old white people who don’t understand demographic/social change.