Jump to content

How does the World view America these days?


Rubin Farr
 Share

Recommended Posts

You guys had me doubting, so I looked it up:

Quote

The Mission Of The Satanic Temple Is To Encourage Benevolence And Empathy, Reject Tyrannical Authority, Advocate Practical Common Sense, Oppose Injustice, And Undertake Noble Pursuits.

So: yes.

 

  • Burger 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah wtf... disappointed to learn they're a human rights organization masquerading as a religious institution for tax break purposes. so not the devil worshipping fetus eaters I was hoping they'd be. kinda lame to name your group "The Satanic Temple," and you don't have anything to do with Satan / the devil...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, zero said:

yeah wtf... disappointed to learn they're a human rights organization masquerading as a religious institution for tax break purposes. so not the devil worshipping fetus eaters I was hoping they'd be. kinda lame to name your group "The Satanic Temple," and you don't have anything to do with Satan / the devil...

i think that's all open to interpretation. i'm not a member of the church or anything.. but know someone ordained. it's not really what we think. also they dispute the accepted narrative about satan and all that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i think that's all open to interpretation. i'm not a member of the church or anything.. but know someone ordained. it's not really what we think. also they dispute the accepted narrative about satan and all that. 

from what little I know of these type of groups, sounds about right. they call themselves church of satan or something similar, but no, we're not satan worshippers! we're open-minded naturalists talking about pantheism, spiritualism, or some other new-agey mumbo jumbo. I'm old school though. I like good vs. evil nicely compartmentalized. I grew up in the latch key kid era where devil worshipping satanists could break into your house at any minute and cut everyone up into tiny pieces. so keep the fuckin door locked!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, zero said:

from what little I know of these type of groups, sounds about right. they call themselves church of satan or something similar, but no, we're not satan worshippers! we're open-minded naturalists talking about pantheism, spiritualism, or some other new-agey mumbo jumbo. I'm old school though. I like good vs. evil nicely compartmentalized. I grew up in the latch key kid era where devil worshipping satanists could break into your house at any minute and cut everyone up into tiny pieces. so keep the fuckin door locked!

it's the official church of satan though. not a random group. 

https://www.churchofsatan.com/

Quote

 

Welcome to the official website of the Church of Satan.

Founded on April 30, 1966 c.e. by Anton Szandor LaVey, we are the first above-ground organization in history openly dedicated to the acceptance of Man’s true nature—that of a carnal beast, living in a cosmos that is indifferent to our existence. To us, Satan is the symbol that best suits the nature of we who are carnal by birth—people who feel no battles raging between our thoughts and feelings, we who do not embrace the concept of a soul imprisoned in a body. He represents pride, liberty, and individualism—qualities often defined as Evil by those who worship external deities, who feel there is a war between their minds and emotions.

As Anton LaVey explained in his classic work The Satanic Bible, Man—using his brain—invented all the Gods, doing so because many of our species cannot accept or control their personal egos, feeling compelled to conjure up one or a multiplicity of characters who can act without hindrance or guilt upon whims and desires. All Gods are thus externalized forms, magnified projections of the true nature of their creators, personifying aspects of the universe or personal temperaments which many of their followers find to be troubling. Worshipping any God is thus worshipping by proxy those who invented that God. Since the Satanist understands that all Gods are fiction, instead of bending a knee in worship to—or seeking friendship or unity with—such mythical entities, he places himself at the center of his own subjective universe as his own highest value.

We Satanists are thus our own “Gods,” and as beneficent “deities” we can offer love to those who deserve it and deliver our wrath (within reasonable limits) upon those who seek to cause us—or that which we cherish—harm. Magus Gilmore’s essay “What, The Devil?” from The Satanic Scriptures discusses this in greater detail.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, zero said:

from what little I know of these type of groups, sounds about right. they call themselves church of satan or something similar, but no, we're not satan worshippers! we're open-minded naturalists talking about pantheism, spiritualism, or some other new-agey mumbo jumbo. I'm old school though. I like good vs. evil nicely compartmentalized. I grew up in the latch key kid era where devil worshipping satanists could break into your house at any minute and cut everyone up into tiny pieces. so keep the fuckin door locked!

From what I gather these guys aren’t open minded naturalists at all, they really are what I glibly referred to as a social club for libtards: they use some quirks in US law to subvert laws on religion against themselves, primarily to further social causes that usually have their supporters on the left - as they are doing now, in fact.

All the while throwing around satanic imagery to piss off people who truly *are* religious. From where I’m standing, in the thoroughly secular Netherlands, it all seems a bit silly and childish, but I imagine in the US, where fundamentalist Christianity genuinely has a lot of power, it’s a lot more relevant.

 

edit: this is about the temple of satan. The *church* of satan, on the other hand, is more like what you describe (and also not involved in this).

Edited by rhmilo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

one of the Satanic groups is 'good' the other isn't very good. idk which is which since my memory is shit so i think the good one needs to destroy the other one.

the good one, whichever it is (i guess not this one?), is pretty cool usually tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

some dude from walmart wants to add another amerikkkan city
 

 


Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
 

 

there's no fucking water. coloado river about to run out. shit is fucking drying out. why fuck up the desert for some bullshit? of all the things that can be done w/billions of dollars a city in the desert seems low on the totem pole. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Copies of the “field interview cards” that police complete when they question civilians reveal that LAPD officers are instructed to record a civilian’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media accounts, alongside basic biographical information. An internal memo further shows that the police chief, Michel Moore, told employees that it was critical to collect the data for use in “investigations, arrests, and prosecutions”, and warned that supervisors would review cards to ensure they were complete.

Revealed: LAPD officers told to collect social media data on every civilian they stop (The Guardian)

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

this is the perfect time to stop using any major social media.  obscure washer machine sound discussion websites dont count

i think it's just a card they use when interviewing people to get their contact info adn now it'll have space for social media information. 

so, "Social media site: pornhub.com. ID: cumDumpster69"  seems appropriate. 

  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

this is the perfect time to stop using any major social media.  obscure washer machine sound discussion websites dont count

Nothing social about watmm anyway.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2021 at 3:16 PM, ignatius said:

i think that's all open to interpretation. i'm not a member of the church or anything.. but know someone ordained. it's not really what we think. also they dispute the accepted narrative about satan and all that. 

That’s part of the appeal, deceiving simple minded people by making them believe they actually worship Satan. Maybe they should Google Anton Lavey first? lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

That’s part of the appeal, deceiving simple minded people by making them believe they actually worship Satan. Maybe they should Google Anton Lavey first? lol

another wrinkle/tangent to this is way back when... L. Ron. Hubbard dreamed up scientology to get tax free status and meet chicks after he was hanging out/living in a satanist mansion doing orgies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ignatius said:

another wrinkle/tangent to this is way back when... L. Ron. Hubbard dreamed up scientology to get tax free status and meet chicks after he was hanging out/living in a satanist mansion doing orgies. 

Yes, it was 100% a money making endeavor, Hubbard even joked about how easy it was to fool people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.