IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

1 hour ago, auxien said:

i think he’s mostly doing it to see if it can spin off into some money. he’s a business guy. but hey, who knows. maybe he actually ‘cares’ about ‘people’ or something. lol.

the party will not get anywhere because Yang is a wet blanket rich dude surrounded by yes men and the ‘party’ means nothing & stands for nothing. 

but if it even slightly gets people talking and thinking about actually starting other parties, then good. 

haha

no

just happened here in my country: a guy branded as the most progressive lefty-capitalist made Premier by promising big "change" and "reforms" (he literally said people are going to dance of happiness), but it's just the same old shit in disguise

politics is dead, we need to go on make something of our own anew

Edited by cichlisuite
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

Several times in the last few months I was thinking about the Obama's Change campaign when he was first running for potus. The first major online campaign (the HOPE posters, etc), how it took over the internet with its distinctive and concise visuals. That's probably why I don't like Obama lol: slick bastard got us all tricked.

There are starking similarities in many get-elected-campaigns since, not just in the US, but elsewhere in the "west" as well: sponsored people being branded as democrats, etc, bringing "hope", "change", blah blah. I bet there are the same people in the background running these candidates, same kind of work, anyway.

• Burger 1

8 hours ago, Nebraska said:

that's why the forward party is being founded

https://www.forwardparty.com/

p.s. yang's been spending too much time in brookyln doing a clap back like that

He sure didn’t pay any public price for this, but it gives me zero confidence this man should be in politics.

https://www.mic.com/impact/andrew-yangs-former-campaign-staffers-allege-a-toxic-bro-culture-59865283/amp

so doj's investigating trump for trying to overthrow an election

attorney general merrick garland:

"this is the most important investigation the justice dept has ever entered into"

"this effort to up-end a legitimate election, transferring power from one administration to another, really cuts at the heart of democracy. we need to get this right"

"we need to hold accountable every person who is criminally responsible"

in response to a prompt about prosecution tearing the country apart: "no person is above the law"

"every american recognizes the truth of what happened on january 6 and in the area of time surrounding it"

"i think that an important part is that we not downgrade or suppress how important that day was and i think the hearings did an extremely good job at reminding us and for those of us who didn't know, in the first place telling us how important that day was and what a risk that meant for our democracy"

interview at 1:30 here

i kind of think it's more likely than not that doj has the evidence

5 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

so doj's investigating trump for trying to overthrow an election

attorney general merrick garland:

"this is the most important investigation the justice dept has ever entered into"

"this effort to up-end a legitimate election, transferring power from one administration to another, really cuts at the heart of democracy. we need to get this right"

"we need to hold accountable every person who is criminally responsible"

in response to a prompt about prosecution tearing the country apart: "no person is above the law"

"every american recognizes the truth of what happened on january 6 and in the area of time surrounding it"

"i think that an important part is that we not downgrade or suppress how important that day was and i think the hearings did an extremely good job at reminding us and for those of us who didn't know, in the first place telling us how important that day was and what a risk that meant for our democracy"

interview at 1:30 here

i kind of think it's more likely than not that doj has the evidence

this melodromatic bullshitting over electoral nonsense is a joke, as if these bourgeois ramblings will feed a single hungry person

• Facepalm 1

yesterday:

China says its military will never “sit idly by” if US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi were to visit Taiwan, the self-ruled island claimed by Beijing.

In Beijing, Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian reiterated earlier warnings on Monday, saying “there will be serious consequences if she insists on making the visit”. He did not spell out any specific consequences.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/8/1/china-warns-pelosi-against-visiting-taiwan

today

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi arrived in Taiwan on Tuesday night despite threats from Beijing of serious consequences, becoming the highest-ranking American official in 25 years to visit the self-ruled island claimed by China.

https://apnews.com/article/china-asia-beijing-malaysia-a5a6acc391511c99b1b4c2d69e67b133

expect that chip and grain shortage to go into overdrive as everyone with the shits aims their missiles right here

Edited by Nebraska
  • Like 1

^^^ 

KEELUNG, Taiwan (AP) — China conducted “precision missile strikes” Thursday in waters off Taiwan’s coasts as part of military exercises that have raised tensions in the region to their highest level in decades following a visit by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

China earlier announced that military exercises by its navy, air force and other departments were underway in six zones surrounding Taiwan, which Beijing claims as its own territory to be annexed by force if necessary.

https://apnews.com/article/taiwan-asia-navy-china-air-force-4bd08ab9ecd2a9f7d450cf61618d28af

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

^^^ smart. now there will always be a gun in a school, to protect kids from anyone with a gun in a school.

I know right? such a no brainer. how do you stop school shootings? add more guns! and keep them in the fucking school! I mean what could possibly go wrong...

there really aren't enough darwin awards to go around any more for all this genius level thinking that all these smart 'mericans come up with. changing tags from made in China to made in yoo-ess-ay so you can sell this crap to fellow idiots is just pure epicness. it's like all these scams are being committed right out in the open for everyone to see. and they work! just shows you how mind-bogglingly gullible a lot of these people out there in internet land are. don't think, just buy, because why? we don't know! consume for the hell of it!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Upset man said:

Well the fbi raided mar-a-lago!

probably checking the toilets for docs. 

srsly though i guess they have a warrant w/specific things they're gonna look for/take. also perhaps means the justice dept is investigating him and gathering evidence? idk. or could be in relation to the atlanta case.. so many possibilities. i wonder if some of alex jones' texts lead to this? 

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

probably checking the toilets for docs. 

srsly though i guess they have a warrant w/specific things they're gonna look for/take. also perhaps means the justice dept is investigating him and gathering evidence? idk. or could be in relation to the atlanta case.. so many possibilities. i wonder if some of alex jones' texts lead to this? 

i gotta imagine what they want out of this outweighs the risks of doing it so should be major

• Like 1