IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

^ this "washington establishment" she speaks of as "failing us"

uhh didn't she like work for trump, therefore was a part of the establishment? pot, kettle...doesn't really matter any more...

donnie v haley v desantis... should be some comedy gold memes coming to screens soon

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11751339/amp/Alabama-inmate-froze-death-restrained-walk-freezer-hours-family-says.html

Mentally ill man, 33, who froze to death in police custody in Alabama was 'likely placed in restraint chair in jail's walk-in freezer for HOURS', lawsuit claims 

The doctor also notes the puzzling nature of the death.

'I am not sure what circumstances the patient was held in incarceration but it is difficult to understand a rectal temperature of 72 degrees F, 22 degrees centigrade while someone is incarcerated in jail,' the suit states. 

'The cause of his hypothermia is not clear. I do not know if he could have been exposed to a cold environment. I do believe hypothermia was the ultimate cause of death,' it continues. 

Lawyers for the family had similar questions to the doctor, asking how he would have frozen inside the jail. 

'How does a man literally freeze to death while incarcerated in a modern, climate-controlled jail, in the custody and care of corrections officers?' the lawyers asked. 

DailyMail.com reached out to the Walker County Coroner's Office to confirm the man's cause of death but did not receive a response. 

• Sad 2

I just called my hospital (an HMO) because after making a routine physical appointment (which should be 100% covered by my insurance) I got an email stating that the appointment would cost $260 with zero coverage. When I spoke with an agent they told me that there was an issue with those emails that they were going to correct. When I wanted reassurance that I wouldn’t be billed that for the appointment he said “you shouldn’t be billed… unless you say there’s anything wrong with you in the visit” I asked what he meant and he said “something like ‘my ankle really hurts can you please look at it’ or something like that”. I asked why and he said that if you tell the doctor in your routine physical that you want something checked out then they consider the visit as a “diagnostic appointment”. WTF?!??

This is like a the biggest red herring, bait and switch bullshit I’ve ever heard of. If I hadn’t called about that creepy email and told my doctor that I wanted her to check out a mole then I would be secretly billed the full price or possibly more for something that I am under the impression that is part of my regular coverage. 

Maybe I should have posted this in the capitalism is evil thread but at this point predatory health care is as American as Kid Rock.

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Maybe I should have posted this in the capitalism is evil thread but at this point predatory health care is as American as Kid Rock.

part of the law in the ACA is that routine yearly physical is 100% covered by insurance. supposed to be that way for all carriers i think. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

part of the law in the ACA is that routine yearly physical is 100% covered by insurance. supposed to be that way for all carriers i think. 

Right. That is why this is extra shady. 

• Like 1

the bill: https://massie.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=395519

the (original) bill: https://massie.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=395319

can't believe how much time + energy was wasted coming up with that only for it to get an overwhelming "NO" if put in front of the house. makes you wonder what this guy thinks he does for a living

Edited by Nebraska
  • Facepalm 1

On 2/21/2023 at 4:53 AM, ignatius said:

iiz8mctn9gja1.jpg?width=609&auto=webp&v=f0zu0svezhja1.jpg?width=616&auto=webp&v=

the starving don't exist due to a lack of money, but due to a systematic disparity in how material resources and relations to the means of production are arranged.  mere reformist additions of taxes to an existing capitalist system would do nothing to solve these problems, and only get spent on more military equipment until the country can be ruled by the workers rather than its owners

• Like 1

from 2:36

there can be no clearer display of the chicanery of these people when you contrast their private, honest statements as shown in the legal evidence vs their on-air antics. but I doubt it'll convince any of their cultist followers of anything.

5 hours ago, usagi said:

from 2:36

there can be no clearer display of the chicanery of these people when you contrast their private, honest statements as shown in the legal evidence vs their on-air antics. but I doubt it'll convince any of their cultist followers of anything.

OK, but when Fox News loses / settles this lawsuit, will they choose to do a mea culpa or use it as more ammunition for ratings/money a la "the woke left is persecuting us and look even the judicial system is rigged because we lost".

Some followers will never believe the truth, but what happens after this lawsuit could have interesting ramifications on the future direction of the shit media in this country.

22 hours ago, Nebraska said:

hopeful future president vivek getting pressed by hannity; pay attention

me to vivek ramaswamy

though.. RAMASWAMY is a pretty dope last name

Edited by ignatius

4 hours ago, randomsummer said:

OK, but when Fox News loses / settles this lawsuit, will they choose to do a mea culpa or use it as more ammunition for ratings/money a la "the woke left is persecuting us and look even the judicial system is rigged because we lost".

Some followers will never believe the truth, but what happens after this lawsuit could have interesting ramifications on the future direction of the shit media in this country.

one can hope.