IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

ha. a % of me has very strong suspicions about that being why trump is in there. he's very suspicious. considering just a few years ago he was kissing hill/bill's asses, calling them great friends, great people, great leaders, etc. i think as recently as 2013 unless i'm mistaken. then less than a year after a quote where he's praising hillary as sec of state, he's out there saying shes the worst one we've had in history. pretty drastic, and i never saw that he gave any explanation for why he flipped on her so radically. some people assume maybe the benghazi thing, but i'm pretty sure one of his quotes of praise was after that incident. i just think flipping like that on a character like her is just unnatural. especially when the guy is trying to sell himself as a conservative now, and hillary is seen as a gorgon to them.

@chen

from a wiki:

In the United States after Reconstruction, the phrase "the Left" was used to describe those who supported trade unions, the civil rights movement and the anti-war movement.[18][19] More recently in the United States, left-wing and right-wing have ---> often Democratic and Republican, or as synonyms for liberalism and conservatism respectively.[20][21][22][23]

not that you didn't already know who i was talking about when i said 'left wing type voters'. everyone understands what is being said when the phrases 'left wing' or 'left of center' or 'right wing/right of center' or even 'center' itself (which you used, and which is a relative concept that couldn't exist without something to either side, making your post self-contradictory), when those phrases are used thousands of times per day, by politicians, pundits, and others in the media, and regular run of the mill people. those phrases turn up tens of millions of google hits. whether you want it to be a thing or not isn't really relevant to whether it is. and this is beside the fact that 'right wing' is thrown around here pretty frequently and you don't seem to have any problem with that.

and yes i'm aware that a lot of "libruls" aren't happy with hillary. but largely it's because she's not far enough LEFT for them. hillary is out there now, trying to appear more liberal (notice the article calls sanders 'left-wing') to prevent sanders from wooing them. obviously kasich is putting himself out there as centrist, but so what? he'd have the same problem in the general election, with people further right not being too thrilled to come out and vote for him. and there's more i could say about that, but excuse me i have to go have sex with my sisters and drink some moonshine, then i gotta go load my trusty six shooter, my shotguns, go huntin fer varmints and lost city folk aka "libruls" to eat. right after i find my banjo. (as an aside- fuk u)

aww so cute.

I don't know why you guys cant just admit that you have no leftists. You can call a pigeon a turkey, but if it looks like a pigeon, tastes like a pigeon, and gives you terrible food poisoning after swallowing its bullshit, it's a pigeon.

And yes triachus - there is no pure free speech on this board. we have rules to keep things somewhat running smoothly. If you want pure free speech, head on over to /b or Fred's place.

I'm curious on who you think will win the gop-ticket. Any ideas? I'm silently hoping for a Trump ticket. The US might be ready for an a-political (a**hole) president who doesn't care about party lines.

As for Rubio, he still got this boyish look on his face. I do think he might be a worthy candidate in the distant future. (Rubio 2024!) But before? No. Every time he was given time to say something, he made his (studied) remarks followed by a look like he was looking for his mothers approval. "Did I do good?" Might be me though. He just comes across that way. With his big youthful eyes which signal everything is a questionmark needing some affirmation from some outside authority. He'll be ready to run for president when he has finally found his internal compass.

I don't believe Paul will win either. The discussion with Christie was telling stories. Although Paul has a strong intrinsic ideology, for instance when it comes to privacy issues, the discussion with Christie signalled to me he is insensitive to other ideologies/views. Even if you disagree with Christie, you could see where he's coming from. Paul however didn't seem to care at all. He seems to operate on a program which says ideology is more important than the real world. Which to me is not a realistic program to run on. The real world doesn't work in an ideological way. To me, Paul can only win if his ideology just happens to perfectly match everybody elses. Which - in the real world - will never happen.

Walker? I don't believe anything he says. His first question was about the poor economical performance in his state, which he answered as if his policies were the best thing ever and the economic performance was as good as could be. Completely ridiculous, imo. To me, that says he's full of bullshit. And doesn't mind selling bullshit while being on a stage, on national television.

Ironically, Trump sold himself as a truth-teller. Right from the start when he raised his hand on not wanting to pledge for not running as an independent. The only actual lies I think I could pinpoint, were his remarks on pro-life. He tried to sell himself as a pro-life candidate. And I think he needs to, because otherwise the Republicans really don't know why Trump is a republican. I don't think he actually gives a shit on these pro-life issues. He's a business man. Spending time on issues like these don't create economical value. Who cares? At least, that's my read.

And yes triachus - there is no pure free speech on this board. we have rules to keep things somewhat running smoothly.

Which is my point. Then please explain why on earth a mod would ever say this shit:

Don't apologize for expressing your opinions. I'm fucking sick of people hesitant to express an unpopular opinion because of goddamn hipster troll rebuttles. If you can't deal with reality, then you shouldn't be on the internets. WATMM will always be a forum for free speech. So says me. Lol

Seriously?

I don't get it, so on the one hand we're to keep WATMM clean and polite, but on the other hand a moderator refuses to "moderate" potentially nasty behaviour?

I think the GOP candidates are so bad that there is no way the entire thing isn't orchestrated to ensure the a democrat wins, therefore leaving control of the USA, and by extension the world, in the hands of whomever is orchestrating this bit of nonsense.

can you mspaint what you think "they" look like

"control of the USA, and by extension the world" LOL

Is this the classic American Exceptionalism? Or rather American Narcissism? The rest of the world can function perfectly well without the US, thankyouverymuch. ;D

I don't get it, so on the one hand we're to keep WATMM clean and polite, but on the other hand a moderator refuses to "moderate" potentially nasty behaviour?

He also basically seems to say "I'll do/say what I want and never apologize to anyone on this board", and asks for others to do the same.

Did I say 'basically seems to say'? He literally fucking said "don't apologize to anyone on this board" + calling people retarded

Nice conflict solving mindset, that. This is how you prevent things from escalating. Good mod.

I can't be arsed to watch the GOP debates. I already got a brief snippet of it from the news last night @ work and those typical incessant FOX News shouting matches alone were enough. One doesn't need to sit through the whole thing to realize what a clown show it all is.

Not to be confused with the WATMM mod debates

And yes triachus - there is no pure free speech on this board. we have rules to keep things somewhat running smoothly.

Which is my point. Then please explain why on earth a mod would ever say this shit:

Don't apologize for expressing your opinions. I'm fucking sick of people hesitant to express an unpopular opinion because of goddamn hipster troll rebuttles. If you can't deal with reality, then you shouldn't be on the internets. WATMM will always be a forum for free speech. So says me. Lol

Seriously?
Ah lol missed that. What can I say but....Rubin Farr?

Triachus whoever said humans aren't full of contradictions? And I didn't ban Chunky. You seem to have a lot of opinions, go ahead and express them. You also seem to complain a lot. What like 3 responses to my one response so far. Must be nice in that ivory tower.

edit - I usually reserve the word retarded for politicians and celebrities, but if any of our members find that offensive, as in, you have a person in your life with a mental disability, I can modify that language. just common courtesy.

bit of a tangent away from that, but the situation with cops raiding homes is fucking ridiculous. i've seen articles where they raid a house at like 4am, a guy comes out of his bedroom with a sheathed knife and so they pop him in the head like hes some criminal scum, when they're the ones breaking and entering into his house. the whole reason they raided was because they found empty weed baggies in his trash. regardless of that, if the cops are going to go get someone from their house, they shouldn't be allowed to do it after a certain time in the evening, if they are going to barge in they should make sure someone in the house is aware they are coming in first, but really imo they should have to try to stake the place out and grab the person as they leave the house. maybe raids should only be reserved for cases where someone has got away from them already or they know that someone inside is in danger or whatever. anyway the laws governing how they do that shit need serious reform. maybe itd require a constitutional amendment saying that someone's house is a place where they can basically expect to be safe and chill, and not have cops bust in and shoot them.

Edited by MisterE

'Bu bu bu but where were their guns, Texas? Surely had they all been armed or we had drones that shoot brown people from the sky, all of this could have been avoided with a welcomed hail of gunfire from trained citizens.'

(posts things about gun statistics in bizarre justification)

(Drinks beer and realizes that without spewing idiocy silence is deafening and all is black - lulling into the abyss, he sees a corndog being eaten by a bodybuilder shooting down planes and convinces ego once again - 'You're not a fag')

(passes out in pile of $6.99 copies of Timecop, American flags and empty KFC bags and buckets while humming)

Oh and BTW, I banned Chunky. The fuck are you going to do about it?

Edited by Audioblysk

The 12 gauge auto-loader.

The 45 long slide with laser sighting.

Phase plasma rifle in 40-watt range.

The Uzi 9mm.

All.

Wrong.

*Blam*

Edited by doublename

8 people found dead including 5 children after police standoff with shooter in Houston.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HOUSTON_HOME_MASS_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

It now looks like 6 children were murdered, and the killer was wanted on a warrant.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/victims-mass-killing-northwest-harris-203046393.html