IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

laughable really. cleared by who? 

business as usual, lax ethics rules etc aren't going to cut it. you have one justice who is worried about being treated to breakfast by a friend because she's worried how it might look and then you have clarence thomas who is a secret BFF to a billionaire who has business before the court and regularly takes him and his wife on long trips and pays for things going way back. 

thomas is a piece of shit even if he wasn't in a billionaire's pocket.

there's a lot to be said about the picking/choosing/confirming of supreme court justices.. not just the ones picked by republicans. some of them really aren't qualified to be there and have some really shady shit in their pasts. 

thomas is the poster bo for the sham court idea though which is why i think that pic works. sham court, sham government etc. everything is for sale. 

I'll have to read more into it - sounds troubling.

The appointment process seems to be far too heavily influenced by hegemonic political forces. Problematic for democracy.

4 minutes ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

Watching now

and to go deeper and creepier.. the behind the bastards multi part podcast is excellent and fairly goes into his background and roots and how he came from absolutely nothing.. literal dirt poor childhood. here's part one of i think 3 or 4 parts.  

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/part-one-the-clarence-thomas-story-99759984/

also, ugh.. 

v5nspt0qxl3b1.jpg?width=360&auto=webp&v=

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auxien said:

Interesting documentary, both to learn (presumably) facts about Thomas and to see how the (government-funded!!!) media and left is trying to assassinate his character. I don't know anything about him other than what I learned from this documentary, though, so I'd need to read more. Seems like a very ambitious guy who many people have found unpleasant, at the very least. "If you can't beat em, join em" is kind of how they're describing his personality. Maybe it is, I don't know.

They just have to include their January 6th narrative and QAnon in this -- very interesting to see. I can see how persuasive this type of film could be for those on the left. From the moment I heard the ominous music in the intro, I knew what I'd be in for. I watched the entire film anyway so I could potentially learn something, which I did.

It's funny to me, though, because this film reeks of dishonest propaganda far more than "What is a Woman", which basically just poses a simple question to people and exposes their inability to answer it. That's why they're trying so hard to shut it down. It is indeed harmful... to bullshit reasoning and big pharma, who just sees trans people as giant dollar signs.

• Facepalm 2

12 minutes ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

They just have to include their January 6th narrative and QAnon in this -- very interesting to see.

lol interesting take from you. thanks for making it clear where you’re coming from.

✌️

• Thanks 1

Just now, auxien said:

lol interesting take from you. thanks for making it clear where you’re coming from.

✌️

I'm just mentioning it in the context of the documentary as an example of how those in power (both sides) weave their other narratives into anything they say, to create a complete worldview people can easily adopt. An Electric Monk, if you will. 

I am agnostic about what happened on Jan 6 and who (singular or plural) was behind the Q posts. I don't fully believe either side right now, because it's too politically charged.

I'm as open to all facts as I can be. My ego does not depend upon my tribal allegiances. I just want to know the truth.

thanks for making it clear where you’re coming from.

You have given me a great example of what I was talking about here:

• Burger 1

13 minutes ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

I'm just mentioning it in the context of the documentary as an example of how those in power (both sides) weave their other narratives into anything they say, to create a complete worldview people can easily adopt.

Ginny Thomas is the one who’s a Q nut/Jan 6 supporter. that’s not anyone putting words in her mouth but herself. …’those in power’ …she’s literally married to one of the most powerful men in the country. the ‘narrative’ he is weaving isn’t a narrative, it’s fucking historical document. and many of his decisions are falling on the hurtful side of history. there’s no false narrative being displayed in that doc as far as i’m aware from other sources (including Mrs Thomas herself). but i’m no historical scholar ofc.

16 minutes ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

I am agnostic about what happened on Jan 6 and who (singular or plural) was behind the Q posts. I don't fully believe either side right now, because it's too politically charged

lol this is truly a laughable position, maybe the only time i’ve seen it taken, so kudos on giving me a genuine chuckle. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, auxien said:

Ginny Thomas is the one who’s a Q nut/Jan 6 supporter. that’s not anyone putting words in her mouth but herself. …’those in power’ …she’s literally married to one of the most powerful men in the country. the ‘narrative’ he is weaving isn’t a narrative, it’s fucking historical document. and many of his decisions are falling on the hurtful side of history. there’s no false narrative being displayed in that doc as far as i’m aware from other sources (including Mrs Thomas herself). but i’m no historical scholar ofc.

lol this is truly a laughable position, maybe the only time i’ve seen it taken, so kudos on giving me a genuine chuckle. 

I suggest you read or skim "Media Control" by Chomsky.

(Yes, I'm aware he was friends with Epstein despite knowing his background. Nevertheless, it's a good book.)

image.thumb.png.74f2be86fa5f2670ebb4fc84a660b1e4.png

16 minutes ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

suggest you read or skim "Media Control" by Chomsky

naw

its obvious how media shapes the perception of the masses, i ain’t gotta read 10k words about it…i’ve been having the shit poured into my eyes and ears since i was a child. i just know to expect that and adjust for it, much like hearing someone tell you who they are (Ginny Thomas, a random person on a forum, etc.): accept their words and account for it when you hear from them again. the bias of Ginny or you or whoever is often quite clearly telegraphed.

• Like 1

@Summon Dot E X E in what sense are you "agnostic" about the January 6 riot? I don't understand. it was televised live, heavily photographed, participants were posting and streaming to social media while they were at the capitol (deliberately breaking in to a federal building guarded by police - this is why I unequivocally say "riot" and not "protest"). tons of people have been sentenced... are you suggesting you can never have knowledge of what happened that day? because typically that word means "nothing is known or can be known" but I guess it might mean skeptic here? still, what are you skeptical about...? it seems like we all know what happened, it's just a matter of agreeing with whether it was appropriate or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, ignatius said:

"we good?"

"we good. have a nice day bro"

Nobody got shot, they shook hands at the end, everyone wins here.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Nobody got shot, they shook hands at the end, everyone wins here.

Yes. I wish more people could throw hands instead of shooting each other over every perceived slight. 

there's no How Does the World View Australia thread (and nobody'd read it anyway) so this goes here.

beyond the surface-level considerations of the trial itself, this case has held up a mirror to this nation's collective consciousness.

personally, I cannot comprehend how people don't know, on a deep instinctual level from life experience etc, that this sort of business doesn't happen in every war ever, regardless of who's involved. but we love to delude ourselves.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 6:14 PM, luke viia said:

@Summon Dot E X E in what sense are you "agnostic" about the January 6 riot? I don't understand. it was televised live, heavily photographed, participants were posting and streaming to social media while they were at the capitol (deliberately breaking in to a federal building guarded by police - this is why I unequivocally say "riot" and not "protest"). tons of people have been sentenced... are you suggesting you can never have knowledge of what happened that day? because typically that word means "nothing is known or can be known" but I guess it might mean skeptic here? still, what are you skeptical about...? it seems like we all know what happened, it's just a matter of agreeing with whether it was appropriate or not.

I heard they were ushered in by Capitol Police, and then mostly proceeded to mill about taking photos. Is this not true? Have other groups barged into the halls of Congress and voiced their political beliefs while it was in session? If so, what political leanings did they have?

I'm sure this event is being used to manipulate people, so that's why I reserve my right to refrain from judgement for now.

• Facepalm 3

3 minutes ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

I heard they were ushered in by Capitol Police, and then mostly proceeded to mill about taking photos. Is this not true? Have other groups barged into the halls of Congress and voiced their political beliefs while it was in session? If so, what political leanings did they have?

I'm sure this event is being used to manipulate people, so that's why I reserve my right to refrain from judgement for now.

dude lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

that is not at all true, no. and entertaining the idea that they mostly "milled around taking photos" shows a remarkable lack of research on your part lol. not trying to be rude (i'm also not trying to be less rude) but you have explicitly taken the stance of wanting to reserve judgement for fairness sake ... without looking into the facts (footage, court sentences, etc)? it's such a well-documented event. it's a very weird position you're taking. 

I would recommend you watch some of the footage from the day of the attack. I was glued to the screen with the same intensity to 9/11, it was madness. rioters tried to track down the vice president to capture and kill him

i mean you could also just read the (particularly well-cited) wiki article... you don't have to get too far before you see mentions of a gallows, pipe bombs, dead people, looting, officers committing suicide after defending the building, etc. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 6/7/2023 at 4:52 PM, Summon Dot E X E said:

capitol police were a bit fucked by brain poison, in places. they put some bike racks on some paths as defense against a fully anticipated militia attack.

there was, strangely, hours of melee combat. it's a miracle there wasn't more gunfire. it was like an ancient battlefield, with two masses colliding across an extended front, engaged in combat. it went on for hours. there were guns in the crowd. and many cops had guns.

this video piece by the NYT gives a good overview.

the crowd came within eye shot of where mike pence was. if a violent crowd came in contact with his secret service detail, they would have engaged.

officer goodman saved the senate from coming in contact with the crowd by leading them astray, facing them down, on his own, with his hand on his gun, as they continually approached him, forcing him to back further into the capitol. they walked right past the open door to the senate chamber with senators inside. 

it's important to understand how remarkable it is that the congress reconvened later that night, including with mike pence, who refused to leave, despite the demands of his secret service. this was the whole plan, they just needed congress to go home without certifying. they needed the disruption, to get to the next day, with no certification. that's why, after being attacked, with 14 days until inauguration day, all those congress members stayed into the night to get the certification done. 

over a hundred cops were hospitalized. chemical weapons were used. one cop had a heart attack while being attacked with a stun gun repeatedly. 4 cops who fought on january 6th later killed themselves. 

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 4
  • Farnsworth 1

7 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

capitol police were a bit fucked by brain poison, in places. they put some bike racks on some paths as defense against a fully anticipated militia attack.

there was, strangely, hours of melee combat. it's a miracle there wasn't more gunfire. it was like an ancient battlefield, with two masses colliding across an extended front, engaged in combat. it went on for hours. there were guns in the crowd. and many cops had guns.

this video piece by the NYT gives a good overview.

the crowd came within eye shot of where mike pence was. if a violent crowd came in contact with his secret service detail, they would have engaged.

officer goodman saved the senate from coming in contact with the crowd by leading them astray, facing them down, on his own, with his hand on his gun, as they continually approached him, forcing him to back further into the capitol. they walked right past the open door to the senate chamber with senators inside. 

it's important to understand how remarkable it is that the congress reconvened later that night, including with mike pence, who refused to leave, despite the demands of his secret service. this was the whole plan, they just needed congress to go home without certifying. they needed the disruption, to get to the next day, with no certification. that's why, after being attacked, with 14 days until inauguration day, all those congress members stayed into the night to get the certification done. 

over a hundred cops were hospitalized. chemical weapons were used. one cop had a heart attack while being attacked with a stun gun repeatedly. 4 cops who fought on january 6th later killed themselves. 

ya whatevs imma reserve judgement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1