Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaneanthony

A Boards of Canada Tribute Mix

Nice selection of their more obscure tracks. Would be nice to hear more creative crossfades between the tracks, like where the melody of one overlays with the percussion of another. This mix transitions between tracks really well:

Guest shaneanthony

I was thinking the same, so I worked on it more tonight. Check the link again. Fading into the beach at redpoint wasn't easy but I feel like I nailed it finally. Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Guest shaneanthony

Also, thanks for the kind words on song selection. The idea was to create a mix tape for the drive to the Delores listening party. I wanted it to be a smooth trip. When the Delores commercial before iabpoitc comes in, imagine passing an old billboard that is letting you know you are getting closer. I wanted things to get weird at that point to create a story.

Thanks for listening man! Cheers!

Guest shaneanthony

Also, thanks for the kind words on song selection. The idea was to create a mix tape for the drive to the Delores listening party. I wanted it to be a smooth trip. When the Delores commercial before iabpoitc comes in, imagine passing an old billboard that is letting you know you are getting closer. I wanted things to get weird at that point to create a story.

Thanks for listening man! Cheers!

Dolores...ha-ha.

Guest jasondonervan

Can we get a download link for this, please?

track selection is pretty cool but there are no real transitions not in a way I would call this mix

Guest shaneanthony

The transitions are subtle. Few hints. Pay attention to the mix when in a beautiful place out in the country comes in and notice the transition at the end. Can you hear the Dolores samples & the other sample at 42:14? After this listen to the transition into the look sad reel that is blended with farewell fire, which all blends into the beach at redpoint. Notice 48:23, 49:23, there is a lot of hidden stuff going. Can you hear the build into come to dust? There's a ton more hidden stuff in this mix, but you have to find it;-). The audio never goes dead silent. Cheers!

Guest shaneanthony

track selection is pretty cool but there are no real transitions not in a way I would call this mix

See my comments below. I would also suggest comparing sound quality on the old tunes songs I included with all the other MIXES of these tunes.

Guest shaneanthony

See my comments below. I would also suggest comparing sound quality on the old tunes songs I included with all the other MIXES of these tunes.
Listen to some of the buckie high mixes out there, and notice how it's all mids:-(. This has bugged me for years, so I spent the most time cleaning up that tune. Only slight adjustments to the low end on the other old tunes songs.

Guest shaneanthony

The transitions are subtle. Few hints. Pay attention to the mix when in a beautiful place out in the country comes in and notice the transition at the end. Can you hear the Dolores samples & the other sample at 42:14? After this listen to the transition into the look sad reel that is blended with farewell fire, which all blends into the beach at redpoint. Notice 48:23, 49:23, there is a lot of hidden stuff going. Can you hear the build into come to dust? There's a ton more hidden stuff in this mix, but you have to find it;-). The audio never goes dead silent. Cheers!

Correction – “After this listen to the transition into Cosecha Signal One that is blended with farewell fire,……” I didn't mean to say look sad reel, my bad.