IGNORED

Cylob - The Quantum Loonyverse

Skeptinoid

Guest bitroast

not reallyyyyy.. as far as I know..

it's sort of like the "1 hit wonder" of cylobs rephlex idm career (despite still having a solid output of electronic goodness).

that Cymbly the best compilation album looks like a nice alternative to the spread out rephlex EPs and singles occupying my mp3 collection :)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

i'm also super stoked to listen to Trojan Tracks, to be honest :):)

always really liked the album but found the single track mix style a bit exhausting.

I agree Bitroast, to the extent I never bothered listening to to in its entirety. This is why I don't get on so well with pure ambient. The tracks are too long for my ADHD (self-diagnosed and only really relates to musics)

cylobian sunset is one of the best IDM albums of all time - if any cylob newbs are wondering what to get on here, that's the ticket.

oh yeah, I found that on vinyl in Tokyo this year, it was one of the first IDM albums I heard. Lots of good memories!

Good to see him put his stuff up on Bandcamp. Nice xmas present.

His tunes are very hit and miss for me though. Often I find myself wondering whether the one finger melodies and two finger drumpatterns are just satire pissing on electronic music. Cylobian Sunset one of the best idm albums of all time? Am I missing something? Best thing on it was the title of the track ' I left my heart in syntax error' . Yes, the title. Which is brilliant in a nerdy way. :D

Good to see him put his stuff up on Bandcamp. Nice xmas present.

His tunes are very hit and miss for me though. Often I find myself wondering whether the one finger melodies and two finger drumpatterns are just satire pissing on electronic music. Cylobian Sunset one of the best idm albums of all time? Am I missing something? Best thing on it was the title of the track ' I left my heart in syntax error' . Yes, the title. Which is brilliant in a nerdy way. :D

i think a little bit of playful humor and cheeky snark are realllllllllly hard to pull off in electronic music and much harder than *wow factor hi-def synth work*

i would recommend Cylob Music System 3000. Formant Potaton is also quite fun

thanks got the potato one

stream them and buy the ones you like..

heh, thanks. im averse to 128kbit mp3 streams like bandcamp and soundcloud have, though they're sometimes useful/enjoyable. i already knew cylob delivers and just wanted something right away

awesome to see everything on bandcamp. Did he ever write any more synth voice pop songs other than Cut The Midrange / Rewind?

edit: and I guess you could count Are We Not Men.. but that's kinda just a half song anyway

Does 'Living in the 1980s' count? The vocals are very heavily processed. That tracks has really grown on me, Mitch Murder played it in a recent podcast mix and it was awesome when it came on. I wish there was a whole pop Cylob album.

Archived