IGNORED

Where to buy Analord WAVs?

hisaac

If those tracks weren't released in the way they were at the time then we'd probably be getting a lot of these on EPs instead of the cheetah tracks. Fuck these are incredible. Flutternozzle, lisbon B acid, 3 notes con, love 7, stabbij. That would make a lovely EP. Or a bodmin EP! He could still repress them to vinyl. It would be really nice to have that.

EDIT: almost forgot about carnival acid. These tracks are as good if not better than the rest of analord.

Edited by Bubba69

With Rephlex gone, it means that Analogue Bubblebath 3 & 4, all of the Caustic Window EPs / Compilation, all the Analord stuff and The Tuss is all out of print, which does seem pretty barmy for an artist like Aphex. I'd be very surprised if it didn't all re-appear on Bleep at some point in the next year or two.

Obviously some Analogue CDs and Analogue Vinyls would be perfect. Along with single CD issues of On and Ventolin. But at the very least I expect some downloads of these at some point. It'd be daft not to.

With Rephlex gone, it means that Analogue Bubblebath 3 & 4, all of the Caustic Window EPs / Compilation, all the Analord stuff and The Tuss is all out of print, which does seem pretty barmy for an artist like Aphex. I'd be very surprised if it didn't all re-appear on Bleep at some point in the next year or two.

Obviously some Analogue CDs and Analogue Vinyls would be perfect. Along with single CD issues of On and Ventolin. But at the very least I expect some downloads of these at some point. It'd be daft not to.

well b4 all that... how about a SAW II repress from warp. i mean for crying out loud we had RDJ and ICBYD

If those tracks weren't released in the way they were at the time then we'd probably be getting a lot of these on EPs instead of the cheetah tracks. Fuck these are incredible. Flutternozzle, lisbon B acid, 3 notes con, love 7, stabbij. That would make a lovely EP. Or a bodmin EP! He could still repress them to vinyl. It would be really nice to have that.

EDIT: almost forgot about carnival acid. These tracks are as good if not better than the rest of analord.

carnival acid is my favorite aphex song at the moment.

in the maze park is one of those like flim

medieval rave 2 is great

bodmin 3 is a classic

Edited by very honest

carnival acid is my favorite aphex song at the moment.

in the maze park is one of those like flim

medieval rave 2 is great

bodmin 3 is a classic

couldn't agree more ^^^ :ok:

well b4 all that... how about a SAW II repress from warp. i mean for crying out loud we had RDJ and ICBYD

I think he should bung it all onto a Bleep Store or Bandcamp and have at it

bandcamp baby! easy money. man. just pay an intern a couple of days to do it all. such easy money

easy money

Agreed - and he owns the Analord stuff outright, so there's no other parties to worry about except Chrysalis...

but I think we forget the very important fact that Richard never sold his soul to the dollar bill, that's kind of why I was drawn to him in the first place, he never was a mega commercial artist

I think the more we shout about the easy money the more he will likely dig his heels in, best just say how awesome the Analord series is and how a fair amount of time has passed, and perhaps it would be cool to make it available in all it's glory somewhere official

I'm pretty sure he's not skint :dry:

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 years later...
2 minutes ago, iococoi said:

what to gain from WAVs compared to FLACs?

nothing. WAV is uncompressed lossless audio storage and FLAC is compressed lossless audio. So from how I understand it the only difference is your computer having to decode data before loading the FLAC but they'd both play back the same. But then with compression you can save disk space so I'd rather have that than keep a bunch of WAVs

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

WAV is a perfect copy of the original audio file, Flac is not. 

WAV (Waveform Audio File) retains all the original data, which makes it the ideal format for sound engineers. “WAV has greater dynamic range and greater bit depth,” creative producer and sound mixer Lo Boutillette says of her preferred format. “It's the highest quality,” Berry agrees.

• Burger 1

8 minutes ago, cern said:

8 minutes ago, cern said:

WAV (Waveform Audio File) retains all the original data

Do you know what the L in FLAC stands for ? ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cern said:

That is just wrong. WAV is uncompressed so your computer has an easier time to read the data. FLAC has to go through a decompression, decoding stage before playback, but after decompressing there is zero loss of audio data, meaning it'll be 1:1 the data of the audio that was encoded to FLAC. Your WAV might start playing a microsecond faster than your FLAC on an old laptop but there is no difference in lossless audio formats when it reaches the speaker

Edited by chronical
  • Like 2

If you still don't get it maybe imagine a zip file.
If I send you 20 different pictures of flowers in an email attachment it'll be what, 20MB with every flower being 1MB big. So I zip up those 20 pictures and suddenly I get a smaller file that I can mail over. Now it's, say, 12MB instead of 20.
When you open the zip you will have exactly the same pictures I have. Every single bit of the files will be identical. That is because ZIP is a lossless format. The program initially compresses the 20 pictures, then I send you the compressed version, you decompress it and you're left with the exact data you would've had if I sent each picture seperately. Just now you've saved 8MB of storage space in the process. That only works because the ZIP encoding is lossless. Meaning after decoding (unpacking) it loses no information from its original counterpart, my 20 stupid flower pictures.

Now if ZIP was a lossy format like MP3, you'd get 20 pictures that would probably look fine from a glance but if you looked closer they would not be identical to my files, having lost information in the encoding/decoding process, thus, lossy.

FLAC is lossless compression. It sounds the same as your WAV but it's smaller and your computer has to decode the data to raw audio data first. If it was an MP3, lossy compression, it would not sound the same.

• Thanks 1

Guys, this thread is about Analords. This is not the place to be a cheeky bum and be anal about lossless file formats vs wav files.

Still no Analords in his store. Apart from that one free mp3. Strangely, the only Rephlex release in his bleepstore is from the Tuss. If the rest of his Rephlex releases are put on his store as well, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Hard to understand what separates this one Tuss release from all the others. (legal arguments? nah...) But it is what it is

Edited by Satans Little Helper

2 hours ago, zlemflolia said:

the innermost essences can at time rove and scan those of others, and as this angelic dance of beauty occurs, vibrational energies can be transmitted

good vibes from zeff? nice man. keep it up ?

16 minutes ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

When I first heard Analord in 2006 (maybe 2005, don't remember), I thought that he could have done it all in Reason. I especially think that now, after having heard a clean digital copy without the vinyl noise.

To me it seems more like Analord is a balls-to-the-wall analogue workflow/studio.. Each instrument sounds like distinct hardware+hardware FX being intricately sequenced.. I really dont hear a DAW here :wtf:

Edited by chronical
  • Like 1