IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Hardware Addicts

Guest Moebius

Guest crazymonk
Another old piece I came across recently, this interview of Michael Sandison by the German magazine De:Bug. Hadn't seen it before and it's not on Fredd's site. Babelfish does a passable job of translating it, but a manual translation would be nice if anyone on here knows German.

"What is the topic of this film?

Ms: It will be in the process probably a Roadmovie, in addition, seized rather far. It should be a Roadmovie in five parts and that is already everything that we know for the moment."

More references to the road movie. I wonder if 1.TCH was their way of giving up on releasing the above film.

The babelfish translation makes this so damn funny. Choice quotes:

Mike:

We use at all no computers. Each time, if we try to make something with a PC or a Mac we simply only problems and it nervt. Incoming goods like hardware. Much of our equipment looks in such a way, as if it could in a large factory. Incoming goods like knobs. Big things with knobs and dial.

Mike:

Our music is rather Daytime Music contrary to Nighttime Music. If we could ausuchen ourselves, by whom and where our music is heard, then would be it probably from well slightly drunk person humans on a sunny day somewhere in the free one. That`s the situation when I`am writing stuff.

Also this interview seems to support an idea I've had for a while, that Mike writes most of the tunes and Marcus does most of the quality control/production (despite their saying in another interview it was 50/50).

Guest Moebius

A good bit, paraphrased a bit from the babelfish translation:

Where are the advantages with the work as duo?

MS: Definitely quality control. Some artists, whom I will not name here, often publish simply too much and too average material. If they had a partner, then could say to them: I understand why you made that, but it's simply shit. So we do that. Actually, we produce a large quantity of tracks, most of which I write and then Marcus tells me what he thinks of them. We must both decide they're good enough before others hear them.

Too true, too true. That's one of the downsides of the bedroom production revolution imho.

good read. a little difficult though

he says at the end that he'd like the music to be heard in the day in a field slightly drunk lol, that would be cool

Archived