IGNORED

remove

Guest boo

i think england is a pretty cool place for the most part with some lovely people and countryside. gets a bit ruined by a minority of UKIP type idiots but i guess you get that in all countries... i live in london and love it, as do an awful lot of people worldwide, but more focus and investment should be given to the rest of the country, especially the north which has some fantastic cities, culture and communities who have suffered decades of under investment.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting reading, I think most of you have it spot on. I think we fare well, but I don't like the 'Special Relationship' with America (nothing against Americans) just saying I think we should take more of a stand against joining them on any overseas military jolly they want to go on. Whenever I hear the phrase 'special relationship' I want to either puke, cringe or get angry. All at the same time.

My impression:

The weather is dreary

Women have big breasts

Accents outside of London are almost unintelligible

You drink a lot

You fight a lot (correlation to the drinking?)

We're on par with fat people

The country has a better traveling infrastructure than the US

Your laws are intrusive

My sister studied abroad in London and was nonplussed by the fact that no one served iced tea.

My sister studied abroad in London and was nonplussed by the fact that no one served iced tea.

'cause it 's fookin' freezing ya numpty!!

lol, we need hot tea to warm our cockles.

I drink green tea myself. I bet in California you can buy iced green tea. I bet it tastes fucking nice lol.

Ice tea is never gonna be a big seller in the UK. Unlike Australia where it's everywhere. That's where I first tasted it and it is indeed lovely jubbley.

Yeah, she just asked for iced tea and they were like "we don't have that."

So she said "do you have tea?"

"Yes."

"Do you have ice?"

"Yes."

"Can you bring me a cup of tea and a cup of ice?"

I drink green tea myself. I bet in California you can buy iced green tea. I bet it tastes fucking nice lol.

Ice tea is never gonna be a big seller in the UK. Unlike Australia where it's everywhere. That's where I first tasted it and it is indeed lovely jubbley.

You can buy iced green tea, but it's usually in a bottle. Imported from Asia.

Typically, I won't drink iced tea, but it's nice to have on a hot summer day. Do you guys do iced coffee? That shit is huge here.

England is a strange, unique place imo.

I like it cos it's home but it's fucked in some ways.

Hollywoods representation of uk always makes me lol, everyones posh. but then I see how our own film and tv views this country and its just as delusional.

The thing i like most about uk is the nature and countryside, which is beautiful, but scarred by 100s of years of industry and shit. there's nowhere you can go that isn't completely changed by man which is kind of cool.

Lots of ppl here are dickhead, bu llots of nce ppl too, idk its probably like that everywhere

the class dvide in uk is very real and getting worse imo. i know ppl who have gone straight from school into a wage i can only dream of, because they where privately educated and liv in a posh place, and other who will live theire lives on minimum wage.7

basicly i like uk but not the social and political stucture. and i wish there was less ppl.

great tv & music, most of what i listen to is either English or merican, though some of the world's biggest wanks can come out of there as well (think Lorraine Kelly)

Scottish people there are a bit like aliens, sort of weird love/hate relationship with them - though the same can be said within each country in the UK and also Europe/USA

winston churchill: history of the english speaking peoples

after charles i (gaddafi, assad, saddam hussein, putin of his day) lost his head england gradually started moving away from its norman/saxon origins.

from then on america continued a lot of england's traditions and culture. the american revolution happened because england had changed to be less english. less anglosaxon. WWI changed everything, now english culture is gradually fading away. the language is still popular though.

by english culture i mean magna carta and the king james bible. the english conception of liberty is well evolved and far more realistic than lucifer/freemason 'human rights'. if lucifer offers you human rights, definitely dont trust that motherfucker.

in america, england, france, and germany these days the governments are controlled by lucifer worshipping cunts that see us as slaves. only russia is standing up for itself. slavic peoples making english peoples look like wussies. :-)

winston churchill: history of the english speaking peoples

after charles i (gaddafi, assad, saddam hussein, putin of his day) lost his head england gradually started moving away from its norman/saxon origins.

from then on america continued a lot of england's traditions and culture. the american revolution happened because england had changed to be less english. less anglosaxon. WWI changed everything, now english culture is gradually fading away. the language is still popular though.

by english culture i mean magna carta and the king james bible. the english conception of liberty is well evolved and far more realistic than lucifer/freemason 'human rights'. if lucifer offers you human rights, definitely dont trust that motherfucker.

in america, england, france, and germany these days the governments are controlled by lucifer worshipping cunts that see us as slaves. only russia is standing up for itself. slavic peoples making english peoples look like wussies. :-)

Are you trying to argue that people were freer under Charles I (or previous) than they are now?

Sorry Stephen, we don't make that much at all. Average income in Canada for 2013 was 48k. And I don't know if that's mode, median, or mean, but I'm guessing mean, which means outliers not accounted for.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/140130/t140130a001-eng.htm

Anyhow, back to the UK, I'd rather live there than in the US.

Statscan omits outliers in almost all of its calculations except for median which includes 100% of people filing a T1. Besides there are dozens of other statistics you'd have to consider before making a determination on that topic (such as standard dev, normal dist, etc etc). Also the availability of jobs and number of people competing in the market is important.

And 48k is more than the UK which has an average of 500gbp per week = 46954CAD btw, accounted for using the same methods as statscan.....

Tbh, both are extremely privileged and are among the worlds wealthiest. Understand that I live in Alberta and thus I'm biased because we're extra privileged....

And I'd also rather live in the UK, compared to the US. I would definitely brush my teeth a lot though...

Archived