IGNORED

New Adam Curtis documentary

Dale

So there are two bits of Adam Curtis news.

A new short video was showed on UK television last night within Charlie Brooker's 2014 Wipe:

And his latest blog post about his upcoming documentary film, due for an online release on 25th Jan 2015:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/posts/TRAILER-TRASH

huh, not happy to see the slant he's taking in Ukraine, seems a little more of a typical western view than I would have hoped. Will have to check out the whole film. Normally I count on Adam Curtis to give me a different view than Vice and Radio Free Europe, so lets hope he comes through

Edited by John Ehrlichman

This bit:

“In Syria, we are told that President Assad is the evil enemy.

But then his enemies turn out to be even more evil than him, so we bomb them.

And by doing that, we help keep Assad in power.”

I kind of feel that in 2013 Obama tried to convince America that Assad needed to be toppled, but the GOP/Tea Party has a negative knee jerk reaction to anything Obama says, so military intervention in Syria was put on the back burner for 2013.

So, the CIA went to work to “create” ISIS for 2014.

Cut off a few heads, & Shazam!

Every Republican I know who in 2013 didn’t want to intervene in Syria is now frantically telling Obama to hurry up and bomb Syria already.

no doubt.

I am just speaking of how perceptions get manipulated (here in the States).

And how from my perspective I don't think NATO bombing ISIS is designed to help Assad in the long run.

contrary to Curtis' viewpoint.

where are you guys seeing the full movie? Chengod is notorious for not putting hyperlinks up (although not nearly as bad as Rubin)

Notorious for what now? I'm flattered that anybody would even notice anything I write.

Lol anyways please note I said the full wipe for 2014, not the full Adam Curtis documentary. On mobile at the moment but I will post the link to the full wipe 2014 when I get home.

Russia played a large role in preventing the bombing of Syria.

edited for clarity.

So did, importantly the UK parliament voting not to join in on the massacre. But yeah, that was some deft diplomatting by lavrov over the chemical weapons stockpile.

i can't watch brooker anymore, he's completely sold out. Last years wipe was an epic mash of safely bounded topics and party line poo-pooing. You can understand that he wouldn't have a show if he didn't toe the line, but what the fuck, just be brave and move to the internet, surely he's paid his mortgage off by now, and the net views and donations by viewers on youtub would probably bridge the pay gap handily.

• 4 weeks later...

nice use of music; especially Burial in the intro

Yes probably one of his darkest ones yet

Good breathing spaces in between his narration where abstract bits of footage were used, that were open to intepretation. Those moments were a cool touch to the overall film aesthetic.

I rarely find myself disagreeing with his analysis on things. Everything was well-packaged and explained in an accessible way.

damn this is very good so far, way more atmospheric/creepy than his last few. Seems like he's going for something much weirder this time, fucking a

Where / how are you seeing this?

PM me link if you need to.

for the Americans - it really is worth watching. I'm sure you'll find it on youtube this week.

best documentary I've watched in a long time

also - nice playlist of music that watmmers will appreciate!

Edited by Bread