IGNORED

What's wrong with Florida?

Nebraska

11 hours ago, ignatius said:

fckn idiots

pxlq325f473b1.jpg?width=691&auto=webp&v=

deus vult ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: from the article: "This is an unfortunate incident, and our condolences and prayers go out to the family,” Police Chief Mario Augello said.

...and i thought this post was in bad taste... jeez, augello...

Edited by luke viia

On 5/25/2023 at 6:54 PM, ignatius said:

2cubhlq3z02b1.jpg?width=785&auto=webp&v=

that special was good. i'd only seen wanda in Curb and had no expectations going into it but she did a really good job

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Quality Mom, she stopped shoplifting long enough to see her car on fire with her kids inside.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna87572

IMG_9713.jpeg

The fact that the flames are coming from the passenger compartment (especially the rear-seat area) and that the car had been off for around an hour, means I'm gonna go ahead and speculate that her (probably bored-as-fuck) kids found a lighter in the car and started playing with it...

Edited by randomsummer

recently passed a law making it even harder for immigrants to be in florida.. it's backfiring obviously because ya know.. workers adn stuff..

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reidout-blog/florida-gop-latinos-anti-immigration-law-desantis-rcna87966

lols.. fuck florida

“This bill is 100% supposed to scare you,” says state Rep. Rick Roth, who intermittently waits on a translator to relay his words in Spanish. “I’m a farmer, and the farmers are mad as hell. We are losing employees. They’re already starting to move to Georgia and other states. It’s urgent that you talk to all your people and convince them that you have resources — state representatives and other people — that can explain the bill to you.”

Roth then randomly pivots to professing his adoration for both DeSantis and Donald Trump. 

“We had the best president in my life — in the last 30 years — and I’m still supporting Donald Trump. I love my governor. He’s the greatest governor in,” he’s heard saying before the clip cuts off. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...

i'm currently in south florida (pembroke pines area) visiting family. jfc. this place. nice to see fam but this place stresses me the fuck out. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0828.jpeg

On 6/7/2023 at 8:28 AM, ignatius said:

recently passed a law making it even harder for immigrants to be in florida.. it's backfiring obviously because ya know.. workers adn stuff..

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reidout-blog/florida-gop-latinos-anti-immigration-law-desantis-rcna87966

lols.. fuck florida

“This bill is 100% supposed to scare you,” says state Rep. Rick Roth, who intermittently waits on a translator to relay his words in Spanish. “I’m a farmer, and the farmers are mad as hell. We are losing employees. They’re already starting to move to Georgia and other states. It’s urgent that you talk to all your people and convince them that you have resources — state representatives and other people — that can explain the bill to you.”

Roth then randomly pivots to professing his adoration for both DeSantis and Donald Trump. 

“We had the best president in my life — in the last 30 years — and I’m still supporting Donald Trump. I love my governor. He’s the greatest governor in,” he’s heard saying before the clip cuts off. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/desantis-illegal-immigration-florida-law-b2368791.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Volunteers have been trained for military combat, including the use of weapons; khaki polo shirts and pants were replaced by camouflage uniforms; and recruits were “barked at” by boot camp instructors at the joint training base who woke them before dawn and imposed lights-out by 10pm.

Additionally, DeSantis’s compliant, Republican-led state legislature has contributed to the change of direction, this year approving a massive expansion in the force’s funding, size and equipment. Its budget increased from $10m to $107.5m, and its maximum size more than tripled from 400 recruits to 1,500.

On the governor’s shopping list were helicopters, boats, police powers and reportedly even cellphone-hacking technology for a force outside of federal jurisdiction, and accountable directly to him.

“The program got hijacked and turned into something that we were trying to stay away from: a militia,” Brian Newhouse, a retired navy veteran with 20 years’ experience, told the reporters.

Newhouse was originally chosen to lead one of the state guard’s three divisions, and said he was removed from the base near Jacksonville on the first day of training after raising his concerns with national guard staff who were acting as instructors.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/15/ron-desantis-florida-state-guard-militia-veterans-quit

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, auxien said:

Additionally, DeSantis’s compliant, Republican-led state legislature has contributed to the change of direction, this year approving a massive expansion in the force’s funding, size and equipment. Its budget increased from $10m to $107.5m, and its maximum size more than tripled from 400 recruits to 1,500.

that's just batshit! $100 million for whatever bullshit he wants.  it's bananas. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

that's just batshit! $100 million for whatever bullshit he wants.  it's bananas. 
you're correct.

his donors or campaign managers are either corporate democrats or RHINOS.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Woke strikes again 

whoa whoa whoa insurance companies making decisions to help their business? that’s not capitalism behaving exactly as designed, it’s wokeness! that Jimmy Patronus guy is pretty funny, like a goddamned cartoon character. it’s just ludicrous pulling the woke thing out. so sad that it keeps working on so many idiots.

• Like 1

turns out the florida pension fund owns about 700,000 shares ($50 million) of anheuser-busch (.co that owns bud lite) so meatball ron desantimonious now wants to go to war with the .co because they were trying to expand their client reach by appealing to LGBTQ+ community. guess he's not a free market capitalist anymore?

Edited by Nebraska
  • Big Brain 1