IGNORED

What's wrong with Florida?

Nebraska

My ex girlfriend's uncle jumped off that bridge. It's fucking huge.

7AA5FEAC-4313-4EAD-A0FC-8020B9A22518_zps

The large spans are the new Sunshine Skyway, the "old" bridge was the original Skyway, which was the site of a horrific accident in the 80s, a boat basically destroyed it and I believe several cars fell in and people died. This bridge has been the site of suffering for years, it even has suicide phones on it.

Hours after a 15-year-old girl was accused of killing her 16-year-old brother Monday night in their Columbia County home, News4Jax learned that her 11-year-old sister was also charged in connection with the case.

The Sheriff's Office said 15-year-old Misty “Ariel” Renee Kornegay admitted she shot her 16-year-old brother, then walked away from the home with her 11-year-old sister, Nicole, leaving their 3-year-old sister at home.

Deputies said the shooting happened about 9:30 p.m. at 1205 Sophie Drive in the north part of the county, not far from White Springs.

"Anytime you come on scene with something this horrific, which you have juveniles or children involved, it's pretty unsettling, even to seasoned law enforcement and deputies," said Columbia County Sheriff Mark Hunter.

Investigators said the parents were out of town and Ariel Kornegay (pictured left with Nicole, right) retrieved the handgun used in the shooting from the parents' bedroom. They have not revealed a motive.

ArielKornegay-NicoleKornegayMugs-jpg.jpg

source

There must be lower crime rates because of all the non offending old people so these kids are starting early in an attempt to address this imbalance relative to other states.

/ignores inevitable smartchump with stats illustrating that the state has in fact an higher than US average crime rate.

Florida is like one big strip mall and it's very flat. Lots of gated communities. One of them was called Coral Springs and someone took the 'C' off the sign which made me lol. Then I went home.

Florida is like one big strip mall and it's very flat. Lots of gated communities. One of them was called Coral Springs and someone took the 'C' off the sign which made me lol. Then I went home.

There's also a Homosassa Springs. You can imagine.

My ex girlfriend's uncle jumped off that bridge. It's fucking huge.

7AA5FEAC-4313-4EAD-A0FC-8020B9A22518_zps

The large spans are the new Sunshine Skyway, the "old" bridge was the original Skyway, which was the site of a horrific accident in the 80s, a boat basically destroyed it and I believe several cars fell in and people died. This bridge has been the site of suffering for years, it even has suicide phones on it.

That's the same bridge you can see in the movie Spring Breakers. Two groups of DJs (Jungle Bastard, Stateside Collective) used to throw raves right near that bridge on full moons. Right before you get on the bridge there's a restroom area and a spot for campers that they used to setup at. Those were the first raves I ever attended. Cops shut them down so often that I think everyone just stopped bothering. Was a lot of fun though.

People just don't give a fuck down there. Also, there are so many fucking drugs and very little to do, so kids usually just end up getting fucked up all the time, which leads to a lot of young adults with addiction problems. OxyContin was bad, but meth now seems to be favorite drug since pill prices have risen so much, which will only make things worse. Just watch Bully and Spring Breakers 'cause they're not very far off from reality down there.

Florida will be underwater once the sea levels really start rising.

Highest elevation in FL is 345 feet, some day it'll be called the Florida Isles! I wonder what NASA plans to do, it'll be weird seeing the iconic V.A.B. poking up from the ocean some day...

Two co-workers live in FL (forget which areas) - one has lived there for decades, he and his family love it. The other moved there from England (married an American gal) and is perma-thrilled about the weather. I like the PLACE, but as others have said: backward-ass politics and heavily geriatric. The younger parts of the state are afflicted with the same type of self-absorbed materialistic audacity found on the West Coast. I also know two people from previous business projects who are also natives and say they'll stay there until the bitter end. SO, I guess it couldn't be THAT bad.

Major places in FL I have been to: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville. Also been to Kissimmee and St. Augustine where my aunt and uncle live. I like the weather temporarily, but have always lived in a dry climate so the humidity is barely tolerable for me after a few days. I LOVE the salty breezes, bright beaches and vast open marshlands - but tidal waves and hurricanes aren't my cup of tea :)

I flew into Ft. Lauderdale (off-season) for an on-site job and had some spare time before the week began, so I spent the day at the beach, then drove west across the peninsula to Naples and got to take in the splendor of the Everglades. The funniest memory from that trip was picking an at-capacity lobster restaurant for dinner, and being the only patron under 60. The decor was awful, 6 shades of pink/taupe/mauve peppered with pastel greens and blues. No joke, I seriously heard multiple simultaneous conversations about hip replacement surgery, golf cart repair, and great-grandchildren, and pretty much every car in the parking lot was a Cadillac or Lincoln.

Hours after a 15-year-old girl was accused of killing her 16-year-old brother Monday night in their Columbia County home, News4Jax learned that her 11-year-old sister was also charged in connection with the case.

The Sheriff's Office said 15-year-old Misty “Ariel” Renee Kornegay admitted she shot her 16-year-old brother, then walked away from the home with her 11-year-old sister, Nicole, leaving their 3-year-old sister at home.

Deputies said the shooting happened about 9:30 p.m. at 1205 Sophie Drive in the north part of the county, not far from White Springs.

"Anytime you come on scene with something this horrific, which you have juveniles or children involved, it's pretty unsettling, even to seasoned law enforcement and deputies," said Columbia County Sheriff Mark Hunter.

Investigators said the parents were out of town and Ariel Kornegay (pictured left with Nicole, right) retrieved the handgun used in the shooting from the parents' bedroom. They have not revealed a motive.

ArielKornegay-NicoleKornegayMugs-jpg.jpg

source

No teenage murder story would be complete without incest and pedo-uncle Kevin.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-01-08/story/incest-molestation-reports-columbia-county-home-preceded-shooting-death

Edited by jsmcpn2

• 4 weeks later...