IGNORED

What's wrong with Florida?

Nebraska

wtf. 

this is where the attorney general is supposed to weigh in and bring charges on civil rights grounds or something.. 

hey mr racist elf from last century AG Jeff Sessions are you paying attention at all????

'Boilin' nigras in defense of liberty is no vice.'

- J. Sessions

"shux they's jus doin him a prison cleanin an sometimes guards will be guards is all."

- J. Sessions

On June 23, 2012, Darren Rainey, a schizophrenic man serving time for cocaine possession, was thrown into a prison shower at the Dade Correctional Institution. The water was turned up top 180 degrees — hot enough to steep tea or cook Ramen noodles.

As punishment, four corrections officers — John Fan Fan, Cornelius Thompson, Ronald Clarke and Edwina Williams — kept Rainey in that shower for two full hours. Rainey was heard screaming "Please take me out! I can’t take it anymore!” and kicking the shower door. Inmates said prison guards laughed at Rainey and shouted "Is it hot enough?"

Rainey died inside that shower. He was found crumpled on the floor. When his body was pulled out, nurses said there were burns on 90 percent of his body. A nurse said his body temperature was too high to register with a thermometer. And his skin fell off at the touch.

But in an unconscionable decision, Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle's office announced Friday that the four guards who oversaw what amounted to a medieval-era boiling will not be charged with a crime.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-wont-charge-prison-guards-who-boiled-schizophrenic-black-man-darren-rainey-to-death-9213190

jesus fucking christ.

what the fuck.

insane.

Florida fire started by book burning destroys at least 10 homes - http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34982007/florida-fire-started-by-book-burning-destroys-at-least-10-homes

(CNN) -- At least 10 homes in Nassau County, Florida, were destroyed in a wildfire caused by a man who was burning books Wednesday.

Only a few minor injuries to emergency personnel have been reported in what's being called the Garfield Road Fire, according to the Florida Forest Service. But it has burned an estimated 350 to 400 acres near Bryceville, about 20 miles west of Jacksonville.

^

"One 'patient', Rajee Narinesingh, accused Morris of making her 'into a monster' after she received several procedures from the 'doctor' in 2005.

Narinesingh, a transgender woman, wanted fuller lips, cheeks and chin, but could not afford an operation by a licensed plastic surgeon, using medical silicone. 

She said she had heard about the 'fake doctor' by word of mouth through the transgender community."

kostO9q.jpg

Edited by doublename

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^^^^  that shit is ridiculous.  you know those dweebs were high fiving and talking about how badass they think they are etc. 

fucking meatheads through and through. like a bunch of drug dealers aren't laughing at this if they've even seen it? i bet they rehearsed that.. "at the end we all turn right and walk off at the same time"

Lol i often try to convince both others and myself when i say "i love my state"

I hope that heroin video goes viral. It'll be the best thing to happen to the barren wasteland of lake county since psychoactive drugs

Florida issues tips to residents for ‘living with alligators

▪ Swim only in designated swimming areas during daylight hours.

▪ “Keep pets on a leash and away from the water.”

▪ “Never feed alligators, as it is dangerous and illegal.” (Remember, lots of teeth, strong bite.)

▪ If you see one, stay back. If you’re worried about it, call FWC’s Nuisance Alligator Hotline at 866-FWC-GATOR (866-392-4286)

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/environment/article144135564.html

horribly upsetting. i hope boomtssphace is ok. as i recall he was gay, from orlando and clubbed. hes a cool dude

Dude...i'm just now reading this almost a year later...incredibly thoughtful of you, no seriously. I really appreciate it.

Florida issues tips to residents for ‘living with alligators

▪ Swim only in designated swimming areas during daylight hours.

▪ “Keep pets on a leash and away from the water.”

▪ “Never feed alligators, as it is dangerous and illegal.” (Remember, lots of teeth, strong bite.)

▪ If you see one, stay back. If you’re worried about it, call FWC’s Nuisance Alligator Hotline at 866-FWC-GATOR (866-392-4286)

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/environment/article144135564.html

video demo:

Probably already stated somewhere in the thread, but in Florida every single case is supposed to be publicly available, which is why the weirdest stuff happens there cuz normally those cases would go way under the radar in most states, but if you're a reporter looking for easy cases, all you have to do is go search a bit, and call the right police department, and they have to give you all the relevant info.

So yeah, what's up with Florida Man?

• 4 weeks later...

teen body slams a 68 woman then throws her in the pool with her dogs

i really hope this woman gets a gofundme or something so people can contribute to get her out of where she is. no elderly person should be treated like this

Edited by Nebraska

Cracker horses?? Sounds racist.

The use of cracker down here is really weird. It's actually got its own etymology distinct from the use of "cracker" in the rest of the country, and is used to specifically refer to (generally white) folks down here who've got roots going way back, and generally tied to the historic cattle farming and industry in the state. And it's used by those people to refer to themselves as "crackers."

Wikipedia seems to have a decent page on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker

Probably already stated somewhere in the thread, but in Florida every single case is supposed to be publicly available, which is why the weirdest stuff happens there cuz normally those cases would go way under the radar in most states, but if you're a reporter looking for easy cases, all you have to do is go search a bit, and call the right police department, and they have to give you all the relevant info.

That's definitely what it is. I've lived in NC, OH, IN, and PA as well, and they all can have similar levels of batshit but it never gets reported on as much.

teen body slams a 68 woman then throws her in the pool with her dogs

i really hope this woman gets a gofundme or something so people can contribute to get her out of where she is. no elderly person should be treated like this

Fucking heart-breaking, eyes actually watered up. I think cause i see my mom in her :( poor lady, and poor pups :( :( not sure what escalated to that, but i'm confident in saying there is no possible justification for what he did

At least she appeared ok when they were talking to her but still...

... :(