IGNORED

What's wrong with Florida?

Nebraska

I'm sure this has been hit on in this thread, but the humidity in Florida (along with anywhere within a few hundred miles of the Gulf of Mexico) is enough drive almost anybody mad. If you haven't been in the area or similar during the summer, it's really kind of hard to give justice to. It's like living in somebody's mouth.

I'm sure this has been hit on in this thread, but the humidity in Florida (along with anywhere within a few hundred miles of the Gulf of Mexico) is enough drive almost anybody mad. If you haven't been in the area or similar during the summer, it's really kind of hard to give justice to. It's like living in somebody's mouth.

i grew up in miami and it always gets crazier in the summer. people get mellow in winter/spring.  there's that one day they get to wear sweater and those few days they talk about how they didn't even have to turn on the AC or had the windows open and it was so nice... but generally it's fucking hot.. then in summer.. may/june/july/august/september.. it's just awful. you walk outside and your glasses will fog up. life is a journey from one air conditioned place to another... and some how people will sit outside and have a meal at some restaurant that has outdoor seating... and it's normal.. until someone sweats into their eyes and cries from the pain. 

the sun is like a fucking weight over your head pressing down.. flattening everything... it's murder.. right there at the equator... it's like 4 ft overhead.. giant and fucking burning everything. 

and there's a shit ton of people there. so many people. some of them are nice. some of them are crazy.. many of them are old and retired and shouldn't be driving and they complain and are rude cunts.. but some of them are nice.. .and there's a lot of money there. every 3rd car is worth $100k. it's a fucking weird place. 

^ All true

It's pretty bad in central fl right now. I was in the gardening section of home depot for five mins yesterday and my shirt was soaked. The atmosphere is literally like hot soup, and it's not even til august that it gets the worst

Was actually at the beach this weekend and my friend didn't wear shoes, just from the boardwalk to the damp part of the sand gave his feet second degree burns. Like there are still blisters. I think beach sand can get up to 120F in the armpit of summertime

Being in miami around this time is like suddenly being in a Bosch painting

^ All true

It's pretty bad in central fl right now. I was in the gardening section of home depot for five mins yesterday and my shirt was soaked. The atmosphere is literally like hot soup, and it's not even til august that it gets the worst

Was actually at the beach this weekend and my friend didn't wear shoes, just from the boardwalk to the damp part of the sand gave his feet second degree burns. Like there are still blisters. I think beach sand can get up to 120F in the armpit of summertime

i lived in orlando for a year.  crotch rot swamp ass is a common thing in summer. can get dehydrated just from swamp ass. 

i used to work on south beach at a museum and lunch break was traumatic if i had to go outside.  one day i saw billy corgan walking down the street all in black w/long sleeves and black pants and black boots talking to someone and it made me feel like a freak because here i am a native floridian and coping w/the heat was ever more difficult each year and this guy is walking down the sidewalk looking like an upscale beat poet with hardly a glisten of perspiration on him. he must be an alien lizard. 

i think we all understand this behavior. 

Florida mayoral candidate tells black activists to "go back to Africa"

http://fusion.kinja.com/florida-mayoral-candidate-to-black-activists-calling-fo-1797076895

quality douchebag there. St Pete florida is a small but ever growing town.. west coast FL is another planet... the dali museum is there though. some great art in there. 

^ All true

i lived in orlando for a year.  crotch rot swamp ass is a common thing in summer. can get dehydrated just from swamp ass. 

i used to work on south beach at a museum and lunch break was traumatic if i had to go outside.  one day i saw billy corgan walking down the street all in black w/long sleeves and black pants and black boots talking to someone and it made me feel like a freak because here i am a native floridian and coping w/the heat was ever more difficult each year and this guy is walking down the sidewalk looking like an upscale beat poet with hardly a glisten of perspiration on him. he must be an alien lizard. 

this truly sounds like my idea of hell. even glasgow at its hottest can irritate me heatwise if it stays hot for more than a week. 

Edited by messiaen

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Talking about Miami in 50 years will be like talking about Atlantis

Yep

venice.  my dad was telling me in some circles they're talking about it being a canal city. he lives down there still. problem is all those beaches are unsheltered and the waves will just roll right across the entire state into the gulf and back again.  

fuck miami. it's a shit hole. 

funny thing.. there's a building that went up there a year or so ago and a russian guy bought the penthouse for $40 million. fucking idiots.  it's one of the buildings that has a car elevator so you walk out your apartment door into a garage w/your car that lowers down to street level and you drive away right into gridlock traffic on the beach. 

Florida Police Officer who risked his life in the Pulse Club massacre to be fired because he got PTSD.  Fucking pathetic.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/06/health/pulse-shooting-ptsd-officer/index.html

wtf

There's a gofundme to help with his finances. Crazy what I'm reading, the guy is a hero, PTSD not recognized by workers' comp in Florida? =/

https://www.gofundme.com/2gv6zp8c