Sign in to follow this  
Nebraska

What's wrong with Florida?

Talking about Miami in 50 years will be like talking about Atlantis

Yep

Yep

venice.  my dad was telling me in some circles they're talking about it being a canal city. he lives down there still. problem is all those beaches are unsheltered and the waves will just roll right across the entire state into the gulf and back again.  

fuck miami. it's a shit hole. 

funny thing.. there's a building that went up there a year or so ago and a russian guy bought the penthouse for $40 million. fucking idiots.  it's one of the buildings that has a car elevator so you walk out your apartment door into a garage w/your car that lowers down to street level and you drive away right into gridlock traffic on the beach. 

Florida Police Officer who risked his life in the Pulse Club massacre to be fired because he got PTSD.  Fucking pathetic.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/06/health/pulse-shooting-ptsd-officer/index.html

wtf

There's a gofundme to help with his finances. Crazy what I'm reading, the guy is a hero, PTSD not recognized by workers' comp in Florida? =/

https://www.gofundme.com/2gv6zp8c

He was 6 months away from pension, so this sounds like some conspiracy bullshit.

I can't see the department being that worried about 1 officers pension costs tbh, especially knowing this would most definitely make it into the media (and they would be hyper scrutinized). 

It's probably just a shitty coincidence. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/11/16880126/florida-herpes-b-virus-monkeys-silver-spring-state-park-rhesus-macaques

Of course there's now wild rhesus monkeys in Florida with herpes.

To be honest with you, we found feces on children’s slides, and in the playground

I'm going to sleep on this. I can't fucking process these two sentences right now.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/11/16880126/florida-herpes-b-virus-monkeys-silver-spring-state-park-rhesus-macaques

Of course there's now wild rhesus monkeys in Florida with herpes.

To be honest with you, we found feces on children’s slides, and in the playground

I'm going to sleep on this. I can't fucking process these two sentences right now.

I feel you on that one. It's like when you say a word over and over again because it just looks wrong spelled out.

Florida is so special it's the only state that is exempted from offshore drilling (because fuck everyone else)

Edited by joshuatx

Send Trump a herpes monkey for secret Santa

pri_64610389-e1515149376559.jpg

Love comes in all shapes and sizes, and for Noorul Mahjabeen Hassan, 20, the building blocks of love are all falling into place.

The 20-year-old Florida student, who prefers to be known as Fractal Tetris Huracan, told InsideEdition.com she has fallen in love with Tetris and has been in a relationship with the video game for more than a year.

“I do plan on unofficially marrying Tetris,” she said. “Obviously I can’t actually marry an object, but it is possible to have a commitment ceremony."
Huracan explained that she identifies as objectum sexual (OS) and has had an attraction to inanimate objects for years.

“When I was a kid, I was first attracted to monorails, and — I don’t know — iPods, treadmills,” she said. “I would have these dreams about them in my mind and I was like really shy around them.”

Her relationship with Tetris began shortly after her mom bought her a calculator at 16 years old.
She said she fell in love with the calculator, which she named after mathematician Pierre De Fermat because of her love for math and geometry and even took the tool to prom.

Huracan fell in love with Tetris nearly two years ago after playing the game on the computer, her phone and Gameboy. She spends up to 12 hours a day playing Tetris.

“I like to give him a personality,” she explained. “I love him a lot.”

Her relationship with Tetris is also physical, she said, and she will often sleep with Tetris-themed cushions and hard drives. She also wears Tetris necklaces and t-shirts and has Tetris-shaped lamps around her home.

She also affectionately sings Johnny Cash’s “You Are My Sunshine,” to her game, according to a video by Caters News.

While many family members claim she has autism or Asperger's, Huracan said she doesn't see the problem with her relationship with Tetris as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

https://www.wsls.com/inside-edition/woman-20-falls-in-love-with-tetris-plans-to-have-commitment-ceremony-after-college

Edited by Nebraska

I actually have nothing but respect for someone who dubs themselves Fractal Tetris Huracan, it's like transmogrifying yourself into a synth or something.

Read article about how the Florida NRA is trying to forbid Sheriffs and police officers from testifying for any form of gun control and regulation. I am 99% sure they will proceed with it. Fucking absurd. 

That said, and perhaps to reinforce there are great people who trudge through the nuttiness of this state, I'm just going to leave this. 

z22pe7ko5kg01.jpg

Srry Joshua those are all fake people, crisis actors for the dems.

:facepalm:

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Srry Joshua those are all fake people, crisis actors for the dems.

:facepalm:

I posted a vid in the orange potato thread that had a comment section full of beyond fucktard comments like that. I'm all for shutting down social media & comment sections at this point. I'm fascist like that.

^ actually, I read those comments (is why I parroted them here). Absolutely disgusting. 

I feel so bad for those families. =(

What's surreal is that absurd sarcasm / dark humor is so much less potent these days. It's hard to satirize something so damn mindbogglingly commonplace now.

There's no line anymore (between satire and people's "beliefs") and that is a scary thing. Some of us can sort that stuff but a lot of us cannot.