IGNORED

What's wrong with Florida?

Nebraska

2 hours ago, randomsummer said:

Sinkhole?

that's one of the theories floating around.  would have to be a mighty sinkhole. the building codes for beach front/water front construction is pretty insane.. pounding big pilings deep into the ground as part of the foundation. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ignatius said:

that's one of the theories floating around.  would have to be a mighty sinkhole. the building codes for beach front/water front construction is pretty insane.. pounding big pilings deep into the ground as part of the foundation. 

The concrete pylons may have been compromised by 40 years of salt water seeping into the sandy base. Apparently, there was always standing water in the underground level, even when it wasn’t raining.

8 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

The concrete pylons may have been compromised by 40 years of salt water seeping into the sandy base. Apparently, there was always standing water in the underground level, even when it wasn’t raining.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/o87wri

Engineer warned of ‘major structural damage’ at Florida Condo Complex in 2018
renderTimingPixel.png

3qrswwgf2l771.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&awosxpwgf2l771.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/o87wri

Engineer warned of ‘major structural damage’ at Florida Condo Complex in 2018
renderTimingPixel.png

3qrswwgf2l771.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&awosxpwgf2l771.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I’m not sure if they were using coated rebar in the concrete that long ago, that would contribute greatly to saltwater erosion.

12 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I’m not sure if they were using coated rebar in the concrete that long ago, that would contribute greatly to saltwater erosion.

no idea either. 

i do know that many years there were hurricane force winds along the coast to the point of sand being picked up off the beach and sand blasting the paint off the ocean side of condos there. it's a tough environment for buildings and cars. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Nebraska said:

the last thing florida needs right now is advice from the CDC. keep the b.s. science stuff out of freedom's yard

Don’t tell America’s penis to wear a condom!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ignatius said:

wtf. precrime comcplete w/surveillance and officers visiting people's homes. 

Where the "don't tread on me" crowd meets the "blue lives matter" crowd on this will be interesting.

Who could've foreseen that fascists gonna fash.

13 hours ago, ignatius said:

wtf. precrime comcplete w/surveillance and officers visiting people's homes. 

Don’t worry, they just want to bring you in for a little information retrieval.

01496470-8C9F-480F-B562-C8B05C336110.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been hearing about this guy for weeks now from family & friends. Florida has this “chiropractor culture”, that I’ve seen up close, and some of them really do go around calling themselves medical doctors. This guy is just a quack though:

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

in the early 90s i had a friend in sarasota fl which is not too far from bradenton. he was dating a girl from bradenton who was like 19 or 20 w/a 3 yr old and no baby daddy.  one weekend there was a party/rave happening near sarasota and me and some friends drove up from miami. there were all these bradenton girls there.. throughout the night we discovered they were all teen moms w/no baby daddy and they all knew each other. they were all hot.. and were all mess.. hot messes. 

useless anecdote.. but that's always what i think of when i hear about bradenton. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ignatius said:

in the early 90s i had a friend in sarasota fl which is not too far from bradenton. he was dating a girl from bradenton who was like 19 or 20 w/a 3 yr old and no baby daddy.  one weekend there was a party/rave happening near sarasota and me and some friends drove up from miami. there were all these bradenton girls there.. throughout the night we discovered they were all teen moms w/no baby daddy and they all knew each other. they were all hot.. and were all mess.. hot messes. 

useless anecdote.. but that's always what i think of when i hear about bradenton. 

When I grew up in Florida, there was a whole wave of people moving down from New England, which made it affluent and wealthy thru the end of the Century. Since then, there has been a large influx of people from Alabama and Georgia, which has made it more country and conservative, and Trumpy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok fine but I thought all the "patriots" were against cancel culture.

And these yahoos calling themselves "patriots" is such a great marketing move and such bullshit. I do love how they capitalized "Patriots" in their sign, though. 

Edited by randomsummer