IGNORED

What's wrong with Florida?

Nebraska

i grew up in miami in the 70s-80s-90s.

so basically, the cocaine cowboy years. must've been fun

by the mid 90s i was determined to leave. too many people. too many fucking idiots. lot's of corruption and i couldn't stand the heat anymore. now it's kind of my nightmare but is better in some ways too.

it really was a backwater town town with multicultural hick charm up until the 90s.. there's still a lot of that in parts of miami.. and of course plenty of hicks all over the state. 70s and 80s were great though. i don't know how me and all my friends aren't dead from doing totally stupid shit and pushing our luck well into the 90s.

I lived in Ft Lauderdale for while in the 90s, the most fucked up shit I remember was:

Man going off with a machine gun in govt bldg

Fuel truck hit by train at crossing, first few rows of cars were incinerated

Valu Jet crashing into the Everglades

My block getting locked down bc a murderer was loose

I went to the goofiest hippy gathering in the key's. It was like all the hippy-ness of other gatherings I was forced to endure, but had the lowest level of intellectuality of any event I'd ever been to. Normally it's not super high on the average IQ with these gatherings, but fuck me, having to dull hippy-jabber with a few facts now and then was just exhausting and there were so many random bummy-ass kids just being mad at their parents. Normally it's just people caught up in their own little fantasy and shit, but these people lacked basic mental facilities, but thought they 'saw through the bullshit'... Really put off the vibe as it was really gorgeous as an environment and I just wished I was away from those people.

Pretty much every experience I've had in Florida has solidified that it is cursed ground to me. Soils' gone sour.

yNVGc.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plus the headline is misleading.

“She did not sleep with 25 boys in the bathroom. There was only a handful that she did sleep with. In this case, it was more of a spectator sport,” said Estrem.

Still very disturbing :(

lol @ the dude telling someone to go near that fucking beast! Yeah Bill, go stand next to that dinosaur for size comparison, I need to film this on my cellphone

What a beautiful reptile! I bet he or she has led a very good life in dem' swamps. I hope they just let it keep strollin' about and didn't bother it - Golf is fucking stupid anyways so it's nice those people got a glimpse of some nature that isn't a nitrated waste-of-water lawn that is kept short and sprayed with myclobutanil to combat the inevitable dollar-spot they'll get by keeping such an unnatural landscape...

Plus the headline is misleading.

“She did not sleep with 25 boys in the bathroom. There was only a handful that she did sleep with. In this case, it was more of a spectator sport,” said Estrem.

Still very disturbing :(

the extra heartbreak for me is that she was a victim of human trafficking earlier in life and was still recovering from that so is likely not able to make very good choices in some situations or is perhaps not able to understand how consent works and what to do etc..

extra vulnerable people being taken advantage of is just kind of crushing

yeah, it's pretty sick. but the dumb-ass boys who took advantage of her were probably too dumb and horny to stop and think about how bad their actions were. which is basically mankind summed up.

life is exploitation. this is something I've been meditating on for the last few weeks.

so, not a boring place to be this Florida.

I was in Miami on a 4 hour overlay once back in 2009. The only time I've evter trodden good old yank soil. Exiting the air conditioned ariport, the sweltering, humid heat slapped my face like a truckers sweaty nutsack. I got on a bus going downtown. I accidentally put too much dollars into the little box and the bus driver drawled superiorly "You ain't gettin them coins back now ya know". Off the bus went out of the palm trees and concrete of the airport out along that long bridge by the bay. Beautiful stuff.

I got off at a random spot after the bridge. Everything was squeaky clean the buildings were impressive, sun bouncing off pristine glass facades, huge boxy cars in white and orange. Palm trees lining the roads. Cosy, luxurious looking yellow and orange stucco houses nested in lush foliage.

I went into a KFC and asked for a Zinger Tower Meal. The squat black woman behind the counter said "You wan' what?!" I said but we have them in England, she says "well we don' do dat in Miami". I went into a corner and ate my not Zinger Tower Meal, quietly mesmerised by the bright shiny street going on outside.

I believe the 9/11 hijackers secretly referred to their plan as the "Zinger Tower Meal."

not cool

It's a killer deal.

yeah, it's pretty sick. but the dumb-ass boys who took advantage of her were probably too dumb and horny to stop and think about how bad their actions were. which is basically mankind summed up.

life is exploitation. this is something I've been meditating on for the last few weeks.

yes. highschool kids are pretty much being run over by hormones 24/7. but you'd think maybe at some point one of them would've heard his mom's voice in the back of his head somewhere and remembered to "know better" or something..

exploitation.. pretty much.. on every level.

thankful there's music, weed, beer, wine, coffee, bicycles, art, etc.

• 2 weeks later...